Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Hemiplegic means half of your body is paralysed, the left or the right part No
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
How much can they expand this lineup ? They could extand that line-up with 9 more models... Or 17 more models. Where is the problem ? ...The answer doesn't change anything about the size of the displays near the checkout Wink .
Nevertheless, Schleich has branded store shelves and racks, and they are limited in space. If there is a place for, say, 80 wild animal figures, could 70 of them be African? It'll be a striking disproportion.

A disproportion for collectors like us. But for kids confused I don't know.

46 models, 17 species... it seems disproportion is not a problem for Schleich Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree we are talking about your hypothesis of the end of the African dominance among the newly introduced figures.
And my question is the same : 3 years African dominance ? Are you sure it is not a 9 years African dominance ? Or maybe a forever dominance ?
Do you remember when Schleich began the African dominance among new figures ? Only three years ago, or six, nine, or maybe since the 1990's ?
I had to refer to statistics to explain my vision of the dominance issue.
So, here we go - what new Schleich introduced each year since 2002: :)
- 2002:
2 African figures, 3 European, 2 S.American, 1 Australian. Africa = 25%
- 2003:
3 African figures, 4 European, 3 Asian, 5 N.American, 3 S.American.. Africa = 16%
- 2004:
6 African figures, 4 European, 4 Asian, 4 N.American, 2 S.American.. Africa = 30%
- 2005:
4 African figures, 3 European, 3 Asian (+3 white tigers), 3 N.American. Africa = 30%
- 2006:
- 3 African figures, 2 Arctic. Africa = 60%
- 2007:
6 African figures, 2 European, 1 S.American, 1 N.American. Africa = 60%
- 2008:
6 African figures, 3 European, 4 Asian (excluding white tigers). Africa = 46%
- 2009:
15 African figures, 2 European, 1 N.American, 1 S.American, 1 Australian. Africa = 75%
- 2010:
6 African figures, 7 European, 5 N.American, 2 Asian, 2 Australian, 2 Antarctic, 1 S.American. Africa = 24%

The African surge in 2006-2009 is obvious after mediocre 16-30% in 2002-2005. Can't it be called an "African wave"?
And 2010 looks like a transition year. Schleich store shelves already have plenty of African animals, almost all the "popular" African species are covered... Than what's next?
If we accept the hypothesis of the "wave approach", what kind of wave should be the next, may I ask?
N.American wave? On one hand, Schleich is not Safari, on the other hand - Schleich wants to conquer N. American market and leave Safari behind. But I don't think there'll be a significant N. American surge...
European wave? No need in this as the number of European figures in Schleich lineup is steady and pretty large over the years.
S. American wave? There are no signs of it. Schleich had a small white-cap of such a wave in 2003, when they released armadillo, jaguar and ant-eater. But since then the S. American theme is miserable.
Australia? Their fauna has too few well-known and appealing species.
Asian wave? First, we saw the tapir and yak in 2010 - they could be the forerunners. Second, Schleich lineup definitely lacks Indian rhinos and orangutans. Third, I still can't forget those notorious rumors about gaur and other muntjaks...
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
Nevertheless, Schleich has branded store shelves and racks, and they are limited in space. If there is a place for, say, 80 wild animal figures, could 70 of them be African? It'll be a striking disproportion.
A disproportion for collectors like us. But for kids confused I don't know.
For kids as well!
Kids aren't fond of the African savannah only (like one of the forum members Wink) One day they want to play Africa, another day - Arctica, one time they're recreating adventures in a forest of their country (i.e. Europe and N. America), another day they'll want to play "Jungle book" and ask their parents to buy them an Indian python and black panther!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Or a cobra and a mongoose, after having watched the cartoon about Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I loved the Jungle book!I guess many children feel the same way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
I had to refer to statistics to explain my vision of the dominance issue.
So, here we go - what new Schleich introduced each year since 2002: :)
- 2002:
2 African figures, 3 European, 2 S.American, 1 Australian. Africa = 25%
- 2003:
3 African figures, 4 European, 3 Asian, 5 N.American, 3 S.American.. Africa = 16%
- 2004:
6 African figures, 4 European, 4 Asian, 4 N.American, 2 S.American.. Africa = 30%
- 2005:
4 African figures, 3 European, 3 Asian (+3 white tigers), 3 N.American. Africa = 30%
- 2006:
- 3 African figures, 2 Arctic. Africa = 60%
- 2007:
6 African figures, 2 European, 1 S.American, 1 N.American. Africa = 60%
- 2008:
6 African figures, 3 European, 4 Asian (excluding white tigers). Africa = 46%
- 2009:
15 African figures, 2 European, 1 N.American, 1 S.American, 1 Australian. Africa = 75%
- 2010:
6 African figures, 7 European, 5 N.American, 2 Asian, 2 Australian, 2 Antarctic, 1 S.American. Africa = 24%

The African surge in 2006-2009 is obvious after mediocre 16-30% in 2002-2005. Can't it be called an "African wave"?
And 2010 looks like a transition year. Schleich store shelves already have plenty of African animals, almost all the "popular" African species are covered... Than what's next?
If we accept the hypothesis of the "wave approach", what kind of wave should be the next, may I ask?
N.American wave? On one hand, Schleich is not Safari, on the other hand - Schleich wants to conquer N. American market and leave Safari behind. But I don't think there'll be a significant N. American surge...
European wave? No need in this as the number of European figures in Schleich lineup is steady and pretty large over the years.
S. American wave? There are no signs of it. Schleich had a small white-cap of such a wave in 2003, when they released armadillo, jaguar and ant-eater. But since then the S. American theme is miserable.
Australia? Their fauna has too few well-known and appealing species.
Asian wave? First, we saw the tapir and yak in 2010 - they could be the forerunners. Second, Schleich lineup definitely lacks Indian rhinos and orangutans. Third, I still can't forget those notorious rumors about gaur and other muntjaks...
Wink

So, what about the hypothesis of the wave approach ? From 2006 to 2009 we can see an "African wave" if you like. But before ? What was the wave before the "African wave" ? the "everything from everywhere" wave ? the only wave we can see is the "African wave", it doesn't mean there will be a different wave in 2011.
Maybe the reason why Schleich made more unusual wild animals from different continents was nearly the same than CollectA now. Schleich wanted to be everywhere in the early 2000's... It's not the problem now I think.
So maybe there is no wave, just a different strategy for a different company ?

If we accept the hypothesis of the "wave approach", what kind of wave should be the next ?

European wave ? Why not ! I'm sorry but the European fauna line-up is not steady. Only 15 animals and 8 species...
No ibex, no wild boars, no chamois, no beaver (Safari, Papo and CollectA offer one) and I don't speak about a wisent, a fallow deer or a przewalski horse.. Also the red deer is not really up to date...

American wave ? If you think the tapir and yak are the 2010 forerunners of the Asian wave, we could say the two 2009 wolves were the forerunners of the american wave which is the bigger batch of 2010. You must remember Schleich makes no differences between south and north America. The bison is an old model (Papo and CollectA made one in 2009 and 2010). Where is the puma and cub ? And , again, a beaver family ? reindeeer ?

A jungle book wave ? No tapir then, no gaur, no muntjak, no Indian rhino and no yak BUT langur, orang-utan, black panther, bear, wolves tigers and... A python.

Hey, do you belive it. I've just made another list cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 am

The "Wave Approach"..... question Then would that include the American Frontier Wave, Medieval Wave, and Fantasy Wave, [or would they be considered Themes"?] the Farm Yard Wave, the African Savanah/Animal Hospital Wave...as they also have buildings. All of these have buildings - Indian Teepee and settlers wagon, Farm barn and fences, African Animal Hospital and fences, Medieval Castle and tents, Fantasy houses and Oracle. Schleich seems to be continuing to design new figures for the Medieval Wave, and animals for the African Savanah/Animal Hospital Wave, new Fantasy figures as well. Maybe they will come out with and Arctic or AntArctica Wave and design Igloos and Eskimo people hunting or even a dogsled??? Kids would have fun with that! That would be cool! bounce
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 am

Kikimalou wrote:
...From 2006 to 2009 we can see an "African wave" if you like. But before ? What was the wave before the "African wave" ? the "everything from everywhere" wave ? the only wave we can see is the "African wave", it doesn't mean there will be a different wave in 2011.
Before there were no waves. I assume that somewhere around 2007 they embraced a new production strategy, and we saw its results in 2009-2010 - the advance in quantity is obvious, changes in the painting approach too, stronger focus on "mom-dad-kid' sets and - clear dominance of one continent.

Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe the reason why Schleich made more unusual wild animals from different continents was nearly the same than CollectA now. Schleich wanted to be everywhere in the early 2000's... It's not the problem now I think.
So maybe there is no wave, just a different strategy for a different company ?
That's right. But it doesn't contradict with the wave approach in my eyes. :)

Kikimalou wrote:
European wave ? Why not ! I'm sorry but the European fauna line-up is not steady. Only 15 animals and 8 species...
No ibex, no wild boars, no chamois, no beaver (Safari, Papo and CollectA offer one) and I don't speak about a wisent, a fallow deer or a przewalski horse.. Also the red deer is not really up to date...
I mean that European animals were always present in decent numbers among the new Schleich stuff. Since 2002 not less than two European figures were introduced each year except the strange "recessed" 2006. At the same time, in 2002, 2006, 2007 & 2009 no new Asian figures were released.

Kikimalou wrote:
American wave ? If you think the tapir and yak are the 2010 forerunners of the Asian wave, we could say the two 2009 wolves were the forerunners of the american wave which is the bigger batch of 2010...
No, I can't name new wolves or mooses forerunners as these are only the remakes of older models. While tapir and yak are absolutely new species for Schleich. As well as the racoon, but my hypothesis is about the "Asian wave", so I don't call the raccoons forerunners too Wink :)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 am

Suebeedo wrote:
The "Wave Approach"..... question Then would that include the American Frontier Wave, Medieval Wave, and Fantasy Wave, [or would they be considered Themes"?] the Farm Yard Wave, the African Savanah/Animal Hospital Wave...as they also have buildings. All of these have buildings - Indian Teepee and settlers wagon, Farm barn and fences, African Animal Hospital and fences, Medieval Castle and tents, Fantasy houses and Oracle. Schleich seems to be continuing to design new figures for the Medieval Wave, and animals for the African Savanah/Animal Hospital Wave, new Fantasy figures as well. Maybe they will come out with and Arctic or AntArctica Wave and design Igloos and Eskimo people hunting or even a dogsled??? Kids would have fun with that! That would be cool! bounce
Well, my guesswork doesn't step over the bounds of wildlife firgures...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 am

Well, i think Kyrill answered everything quit clear.
Some of our members are always on the hunt for the latest news on Schleich ,specially in the coming months.
The first time i had the chance to see some of the news for the next year was in october, but mostly at the end of november or in december.
But anyway, it is always a nice time for us all, as we all eagerly awiat for the news of the companies... cheers santa

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 am

Has anyone had the opportunity to go to the Nuremberg Toy Fair? It probably is limited to Wholesalers...unless you know someone who is a Wholesaler and they let you go with them? Thanks to you all for the information. It is hard to look back through all the threads and try and find an answer to a specific question. confused study :)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Narayanan came up with one more figure idea that is rather likely to be released in 2011 - yak calf. It'd be very logical for the Schleich's "mom-dad-baby" tactics.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Narayanan came up with one more figure idea that is rather likely to be released in 2011 - yak calf. It'd be very logical for the Schleich's "mom-dad-baby" tactics.
Yes I agree, be nice if they bring out a bull as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Has anyone mentioned the Moon Bear (or Asiatic Black Bear)? It's one of Asia's "big five" isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Has anyone mentioned the Moon Bear (or Asiatic Black Bear)? It's one of Asia's "big five" isn't it?
Well, I mentioned it only in my Top-10 wish-list Very Happy as it's one of my favorite animals. But I assign this bear more to the Far East and Amur region than to S. Asia or India.
And, frankly speaking, I don't expect Schleich will ever make it. They already have one "black bear" in production, and as we saw with their "gazelle" - Schelich is not very much into demarking resembling species...

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Well, I mentioned it only in my Top-10 wish-list Very Happy as it's one of my favorite animals. But I assign this bear more to the Far East and Amur region than to S. Asia or India.
And, frankly speaking, I don't expect Schleich will ever make it. They already have one "black bear" in production, and as we saw with their "gazelle" - Schelich is not very much into demarking resembling species...
Good points... sorry I missed it on your wish-list. Rolling Eyes
I don’t think Schleich wouldn’t make it because it resembled the Black Bear, they are quite different I think…
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:36 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
...I don’t think Schleich wouldn’t make it because it resembled the Black Bear, they are quite different I think…
Sure, they're VERY different from the collector's point of view. But on the store shelves... Alas, not collectors are defining Schleich's marketing strategy.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
...I don’t think Schleich wouldn’t make it because it resembled the Black Bear, they are quite different I think…
Sure, they're VERY different from the collector's point of view. But on the store shelves... Alas, not collectors are defining Schleich's marketing strategy.
Ah well, maybe when they retire the black bears they will bring out a moon bear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Have to say I'm really getting mad at the Schleich company cos they're making me go crazy with all this suspense and waiting Very Happy Sometimes I can't think of anything else except "what could Schleich possibly be releasing next year" and my head's all full with that so I can't even sleep! (What, ME, going crazy? Ehheh, not at all...)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Siobhan wrote:
Have to say I'm really getting mad at the Schleich company cos they're making me go crazy with all this suspense and waiting Very Happy Sometimes I can't think of anything else except "what could Schleich possibly be releasing next year" and my head's all full with that so I can't even sleep! (What, ME, going crazy? Ehheh, not at all...)
Laughing I keep searching, I type in "Schleich 2011" almost every day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Me 2!!!Every half and hour!
I will commit figur-cide if they don't bring me some news!
I don't need photos,just some info!At least the dinosaur! silent
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Laughing I keep searching, I type in "Schleich 2011" almost every day Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Let me guess what your search results are: thread at Laughing Giraffe, link to Schleich 2011 calendar, a couple of posts in my blog, then the thread in this forum... Am I right? Cool

Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Absolutely!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Wildheart wrote:
...I will commit figur-cide if they don't bring me some news!
Oh no, are you gonna destroy some of your figures? Which ones then? affraid

Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

No,no,I am going to wreck the shops and destroy all Kangaroo Rex's I see! Mad
Then I will post bad comments about their horrible lines everywhere!!!! Twisted Evil
Mu-ha-ha!

Kidding! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next