Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Racoon dog figures

Go down 
+12
koniminiatures
ken yeo
Ana
A-J
Kikimalou
scot(t)
widukind
SUSANNE
xfoxx
Roger
JackyLovertjex
Snardi
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Racoon dog figures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you Lea  Very Happy 

Embarassed But I was talking about the last one from 2013  Wink 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

I know, yes - I just thought I'd post that one too as it hadn't yet been shown.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

koniminiatures wrote:
I know, yes - I just thought I'd post that one too as it hadn't yet been shown.

Of course... It is a raccoon, not a raccoon dog  Wink 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:22 am

My word! So it is. I'm being very obtuse, aren't I? :'D I mixed him up with the actual raccoon dog by Kaiyodo I had, apparently (that model has already been shown in this thread). Sorry for the confusion! I may have to try waking up proper before coming on here and posting gibberish.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am

It doesn't matter Lea  Very Happy 

Mistakes are good things too, I know what I'm talking about  Wink 

First good thing is we have the pleasure of a nice conversation  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you very much lucky Ken  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Thanks Ken, wonderful wonderful! Very Happy Lea, actually I am glad about your little mistake, I just love both figures you posted. flower Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Absolutely lovely group of Racoon dogs, congratulations lucky Ken  cheers  Wink 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 am

Thanks Ana and Roger!

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:44 am

ken yeo wrote:

Oh, wow... This post made me decide that my collection needs at least one raccoon dog.

As it was discussed before on this topic, do raccoon dogs really hibernate? Because the only time I saw a raccoon dog, it was in the middle of winter, New year's eve actually...
But it was in Helsinki suburbia though, so maybe something had woken him/her up.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm

newcomers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm

I just have one, the Play Visions Siberian Raccoon Dog. Also, it should be noted that the Japanese subspecies is now considered a separate species from the mainland populations, which include the Siberian subspecies.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 pm

Beautiful models, both the Kaiyodos (?) and the Play Visions.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:35 pm

So many lovely raccoons! Very Happy And they have dog in their name! cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:40 pm

The raccoon dogs are not dog-like procyonids (raccoons), but are raccoon-like canids, so they are dogs in the general sense (obviously not “dogs” in the sense of the domesticated Canis (lupus) familiaris). To be specific, their closest relatives within the Canidae are true foxes.

Last edited by Birdsage on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:42 pm

Birdsage wrote:
The raccoon dogs are not dog-like raccoons, but are raccoon-like canids, so they are dogs in the general sense (obviously not “dogs” in the sense of the domesticated Canis familiaris). To be specific, their closest relatives within the Canidae are true foxes.
Very interesting! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm

I’m pretty sure the facts would have been obvious from the name. They species are not called “dog raccoons”, in the same way that a Turkey Vulture is not a “Vulture Turkey”
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Birdsage wrote:
The raccoon dogs are not dog-like procyonids (raccoons), but are, in fact, raccoon-like canids, so they are dogs in the general sense (obviously not “dogs” in the sense of the domesticated Canis (lupus) familiaris). To be specific, their closest relatives within the Canidae are true foxes.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Birdsage wrote:
I’m pretty sure the facts would have been obvious from the name. They species are not called “dog raccoons”, in the same way that a Turkey Vulture is not a “Vulture Turkey”

It is not always necesarily obvious. What is an ante bear? According with your observations, that makes sense for most of the common animal names, it is a bear and not an ant. It can be an aardvark, a giant anteater or even other animals, none of them is a bear.
Also, why are often koalas called koala bear if they are not bears? If they want to say it is a koala and looks like a bear, they should call it bear koala as it happens with the raccoon dog but they always call koala bear.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Kitan

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racoon dog figures   Racoon dog figures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racoon dog figures
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2