Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Species identification topic

Go down 
+63
Cepaea
bmathison1972
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
Hippocollector
Shanti
George
Joliezac
Jill
75senta75
Stripedhyena
Birdsage
pipsxlch
Mitsukuni
Pepi
Roy-Swetsie
WILLYBACOMAN
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
costicuba
RtasVadumee
Steve170
Giulia
Advicot
spacelab
landrover
Caracal
Megaptera
Dutch Bear
Pardofelis
halichoeres
barracudacat
Jolinem
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
Logan'sArk
NightLioness
Silver Unicornis
jarda
sbell
arafan
Tarunyada
QuollMate
EmperorDinobot
Bonobo
widukind
elephas_maximus
Kikimalou
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
NandO
Roger
Dorkan
stef1000
Taos
Dr.Narayanan
krista
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Katty
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Species identification topic - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 1:14 pm

My gut says elk, but honestly you can't go wrong either way.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 4:37 pm

Leoo Past wrote:
Elk or red deer ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

in Britain this would be acceptable as a Red Deer, definitely when viewed side on.
However from the front there is less space between the antlers that give it that real red deer characteristic.

The antlers branch out further apart on a Red Deer than on an Elk / Wapiti  - they have a noticeable curve when looking head on, as if you can put a semi sphere on their forehead and the antlers will fit in nicely around that curve.

On an Elk the antlers are more angular coming from the forehead when viewed head on. More like a triangle shape 'V' as the antlers branch upward at a steeper harder angle.

I have a few of these particular models in brown and also green.
They look like plastic that imitates wood carvings.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 5:43 pm

Red deer-think its a copy of a Linoel model.I used to have this model but sadly one of the antlers broke Sad

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 6:04 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
My gut says elk, but honestly you can't go wrong either way.
It looks like that, I still think that up close or from another angle it looks like an elk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/leonardo.pastranamanzo?mibextid=ZbWKwL
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 6:07 pm

sunny wrote:
Leoo Past wrote:
Elk or red deer ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

in Britain this would be acceptable as a Red Deer, definitely when viewed side on.
However from the front there is less space between the antlers that give it that real red deer characteristic.

The antlers branch out further apart on a Red Deer than on an Elk / Wapiti  - they have a noticeable curve when looking head on, as if you can put a semi sphere on their forehead and the antlers will fit in nicely around that curve.

On an Elk the antlers are more angular coming from the forehead when viewed head on. More like a triangle shape 'V' as the antlers branch upward at a steeper harder angle.

I have a few of these particular models in brown and also green.
They look like plastic that imitates wood carvings.
The truth is that between deer, sometimes I see them as similar, but from the red deer to an elk I confuse them a little but when I saw it immediately it came to me Red Deer but then I do think it's a red deer
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 6:08 pm

Taos wrote:
Red deer-think its a copy of a Linoel model.I used to have this model but sadly one of the antlers broke Sad
Thank you very much friends, you have cleared up my doubt and I am left with the red deer.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 1:13 am

Looks a red deer due to its more uniform color. Elks often are darker in the beard and ventral area although it is not a rule. Antlers are not easy to be sure but red deer seems a betteroption.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 1:26 am

Roger wrote:
Looks a red deer due to its more uniform color. Elks often are darker in the beard and ventral area although it is not a rule. Antlers are not easy to be sure but red deer seems a betteroption.
Yes I think that the red deer is the closest thing to the elk, thank you very much for your support to all of you.
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 2:27 pm

It's a nice looking model! What brand and scale is it?
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 4:48 pm

bjarki12 wrote:
It's a nice looking model! What brand and scale is it?
It has no brand, but someone had commented that it looked like a British model I think or it was another brand [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 2:29 am

it is 1/32nd scale, the same size as Britains models (my ones are anyway), and that seems to be same size.

I wonder if it was copied from a wood carving?
has anyone here seen this deer in wood carving form perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 4:32 am

sunny wrote:
it is 1/32nd scale, the same size as Britains models (my ones are anyway), and that seems to be same size.

I wonder if it was copied from a wood carving?
has anyone here seen this deer in wood carving form perhaps?
Vitacup, I discovered in TAW that it is there in white, it is actually this one but I don't know if that one is marked or maybe unmarked. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 9:54 am

I looks like the Vitacup but it is bigger, it reminds me a German brand and I think Andreas could tell
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 10:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I looks like the Vitacup but it is bigger, it reminds me a German brand and I think Andreas could tell
I think that if it looks slightly bigger because I don't know what set it came in, but it does have that wood carving that they mentioned.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 3:30 am

that vitacup is the smaller one, they also have a bigger 1/32nd size in this model (if I can remember correctly). I have both but they are packed away and I can't get to them any time soon.

This is one of my favourite deer models.
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 3:33 am

sunny wrote:
that vitacup is the smaller one, they also have a bigger 1/32nd size in this model (if I can remember correctly). I have both but they are packed away and I can't get to them any time soon.

This is one of my favourite deer models.
I didn't know the brand but then the one I have is from that brand, although it is not marked by any l It is really incredible to know that there are figures like this that are, let's say, somewhat valuable or rare, not so common.
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 8:21 am

Help, please I would like to know if it is a Lemur or Martha ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 9:30 am

It is the Nayab aye-ayye so it is a lemur. You can find it on TAW.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 9:34 am

Roger wrote:
It is the Nayab aye-ayye  so it is a lemur. You can find it on TAW.
I was right that it is a lemur, but then it is an aye-aye
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 9:41 am

Leoo Past wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, the lemur species most commonly represented is the ring-tailed lemur and it is easy to see this is not one of them. It is also not easy to identify as an aye-aye because features like the middle finger are not correctly represented. We know officially it is an aye-aye since it is the mini version of this model and the large brother is marked with the species name.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 10:18 am

Roger wrote:
Leoo Past wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, the lemur species most commonly represented is the ring-tailed lemur and it is easy to see this is not one of them. It is also not easy to identify as an aye-aye because features like the middle finger are not correctly represented. We know officially it is an aye-aye since it is the mini version of this model and the large brother is marked with the species name.
Thank you very much Roger for clearing me of this doubt, yes it is the small version of the nayab although the color looks more greyish
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 12:00 am

Any idea what species it is?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 6:31 pm

Need help to try to identify these lizards and tortoises if possible.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This model by K+M just has turtle marked on it-again species?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:14 pm

the blue legged turtle is a such a beauty!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:21 pm

For the turtles there might already be a discussion, as some of them are, I think, 'knockoffs'?

The lizards, zero chances (but they look like they may be reissued CE/WM sculpts?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species identification topic
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next