Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions

Go down 
+4
jarda
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Tiermann
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions Empty
PostSubject: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi all, for the last few weeks I have been working on adding beginning pages for all the different companies. I thought there would be perhaps 100, then I thought I would be done at around 150, now I have 214 215 different companies listed. The companies page is Here.
If you know of a company I don't have listed please let me know, I am sure I've missed some. Most of the pages only have a line or two about the company and usually a link to the company site or a collector page about them. If you know information that isn't on a company page please let me know and I can fill that in. Ideally I would like to have lists on all the pages of the different animals they have made. I have learned a few interesting things in making this page up. So many companies have been bought and sold and combined and split up again.

Questions I have perhaps you can help with:

Albert Heijn - grocery chain but have they sold figures with their name on the figure?

OMO premiums, anyone have a link or collector page about them?

Maker name Marlow?

Anyone have a link about Prior? It's a common English word and difficult to search out.

Horico?

Can a German speaker tell me if Fechner Zinnfiguren makes unique molds or are they just selling Heinrichsen or others? Also Rücker Zinnfiguren can be bought through Berliner but are they a separate company or just an older mold maker?

Kitan Club - are they actually a maker, or do they have the figures for their releases made by Kaiyodo or some other company?

If you have any lists of figures companies have made, especially the older less well known ones, I would love to add those to the Wiki.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Gosh! What a fabulous job you are doing Shocked

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Big Congratulation Tim cheers You already did a great job on Wiki, it's really fantastic Very Happy

Tiermann wrote:
Anyone have a link about Prior? It's a common English word and difficult to search out.

The best to find links to PRIOR is to avoid English on the web because it is a French trademark. Laughing

The PRIOR company made... Breakfast rusks and gave cards, cars or animal models as bonus with their rusks Wink

They were based at Marseille from the 1950's to 1980 when they closed.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 am

Tiermann wrote:

Maker name Marlow?

I have some Marlow Int figures, see
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t4615-african-fauna-figures-from-africa

As I wrote in the thread above, Marlow International is company from South Africa and produced some African fauna figures for company called Steers (steak and grill chain). That info I have from the seller from SA, unfortunately, I have no additional infos.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 am

Wow Tim this is fabulous! I can't get over how many brands there are out there, there are loads I've never heard of before.

Will you be needing any photos? I'd be happy to help you out if you want to add photos to the pages.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I would love to add photos. In the long term the goal is to have some group photos on each company page and individual photos on pages for each animal. I am still trying to find a way to integrate a gallery feature to make the image part easier. I have it set now so that editors can upload files to the Wiki, which should be better than hosting them elsewhere and then having the links break.

Thanks Christophe and Jarda, Prior and Marlow now added . :)

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Tiermann wrote:
I would love to add photos. In the long term the goal is to have some group photos on each company page and individual photos on pages for each animal. I am still trying to find a way to integrate a gallery feature to make the image part easier. I have it set now so that editors can upload files to the Wiki, which should be better than hosting them elsewhere and then having the links break.
Yes I agree, group photos would be good - I could help with the individual ones.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:19 pm

The group photos can be small groups, just to give an idea what the style of animal the company makes would be enough.
Just added some Erzgebirge style makers so up to 224. If you like wooden ones check out the cool ark set at http://www.reifentiere.de/ what's not to like about a wooden gnu and kiwi?

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow, the wiki is looking great Tim!
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:36 pm

kudos for this formidable task. we all appreciate it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks! I added some more US companies and a group of gaming miniature companies. It's up to 263 companies now. As I run across them on eBay and elsewhere I add new ones, so I'm sure it will grow more. Information about any other companies from parts of the world that aren't well covered yet would be great. The only two I have for the former Soviet Block Eastern Europe are Veb Plaho and Durolin. There must have been others?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

A little addition to this fantastic work. A country missing in that list - Brazil!!!

Gulliver is a Brazilian brand founded in 1969 in S. Caetano do Sul SP, by the sons of the Mariano Lavin Ortiz giving continuity to the work that their father started in Spain.
The brand started with handpainted pvc toys, mainly those from TV series, developing later to different ways of plastic manufactoring.
Among several kind of toys they also developed many animal toys being their last series called Animal Planet.
The most collected are the unpainted farm and wild animals from 70's and 80's.

Their website is: http://www.gulliver.com.br

Please feel free to put it in correct English and I hope some Brazilian friend see it and give us more detailed and accurate information. :) I'm not having free time these days but I'll surely add more information. Very Happy

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Oh thank you Roger, that's very good. I have never heard of them before. I've added them to the Wiki. This reminded me of the one Brazilian toy company I know about, Estrela. They used to make Playmobil items in some sort of licensing agreement. So now we have a new country with two companies. :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions   Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Animal Wiki - Companies Questions
Page 1 of 1