Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

indian roofed turtle

Go down 
+11
ken yeo
SyLoBe
Roger
HKHollinstone
Ana
Kikimalou
Wildheart
SUSANNE
STORMnl
widukind
dreamer80110
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dreamer80110

dreamer80110

Country/State : South Korea

indian roofed turtle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am

Philter4 wrote:
WOW!!! That is such an incredible sculpture, what a fantastic figure to have. Roofed turtles are one of my two favorite Indian turtles, the other being Chitra chitra, the Indian softshell turtle. You are a very lucky collector!!!

Thank you Philter4 !!! You have a lot of knowledge of the turtle.
I also agree that it's a really fantastic figure.
Thank you again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dreamer80110

dreamer80110

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 am

Katty wrote:
What an amazing figure! You are very lucky and your friend is very talented!!!
Thank you Katty!!!!!
Yes he's a really gifted guy. I can't wait to see his next aniaml figure..
Thank you again !!!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Fantastic! Nice one, brilliant one! Shocked Surprised

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

dreamer80110 wrote:
ana wrote:
Beautiful turtle, wonderful work! Congratulations for You and Your friend! cheers
Is it one of a kind or Your friend will make mold and copies of this beauty? alien cyclops

thank you !!! He made it 100% himself. He molded,copied and painted it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great! So is it possible to buy a copy? Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
GORGEOUS cheers PRECIOUS cheers

What a wonderful model of a strange turtle ! I never heard about it before scratch

After googling it, I can see that a lot of people keep them as pets, even if they are protected, and it is illigal to sel one or own one No

Yours is such a lovely model, you are a very lucky colletor, - and this one is not illegeal cheers
Hi Susanne, they are not illegal to own everywhere, they are only illegal to collect from the wild. If it is a captive born animal they can be sold and owned by private people here at least, I don't know about other countries. Here in the U.S.A. there is an additional law that prohibits the sale of baby turtles whose shells are under 4 inches but still it is not illegal to own a turtle smaller then that just you can not sell a turtle smaller then that.

These turtles are protected in certain parts of the range but in others there is no law that prohibits it, and they have been in captivity for many many years so there is no reason for anyone to collect them out of the wild as they are relatively easy to breed in captivity.

EDIT: I just thought of something, you may be thinking of the Malaysian roofed turtle which is a different genus and species, Kachuga trivittata, which is an endangered animal that is protected in all of it's range, these can also be owned but there are special rules for selling them, here you must have a permit to take one across state lines unless it is yours and you are moving to another state and you can not take it to another country. There are many species of roofed turtles that are not closely related but all have the upturned scales on the back of the shell which gives them their names.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
dreamer80110

dreamer80110

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm

ana wrote:
dreamer80110 wrote:
ana wrote:
Beautiful turtle, wonderful work! Congratulations for You and Your friend! cheers
Is it one of a kind or Your friend will make mold and copies of this beauty? alien cyclops

thank you !!! He made it 100% himself. He molded,copied and painted it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great! So is it possible to buy a copy? Very Happy Very Happy

Yes he is making several copies now for sale.
If you really wanna buy it you should contact him directly to discuss some details such as price.
I'll give u his e-mail adress.
His e-mail adress is sazabi7260@Gmail.com and his blog is http://blog.naver.com/sazabi235. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Thank You! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: indian roofed turtle   indian roofed turtle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

indian roofed turtle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2