Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?

Go down 
+13
Sumo
Tiermann
widukind
scot(t)
Ana
Kristie
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
ken yeo
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? Empty
PostSubject: M&B, Meeting new dogs   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

This morning a parcel with my new Maia + Borges dogs arrived.
While the elder residents went to say hello, I managed to take some photoes without them noticing Laughing

The little Westie bravely kept his tail up, even if the new guys are much bigger

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL

Basset, however was not too sure if this was a good idea

[URL=http://www.imgbox.de/][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Great pictures Susanne! Congratulations on your new additions!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Congratulations. They are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:16 am

nice collections & good photos!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 am

Congratulation Suzanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:24 am

Thank you all I love you I love you flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Fantastich new dogs Susanne! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Today I got the most fantastic package from Roger Very Happy
I will show all the gems in another topic, but...TA-DAAAA : The Alsatian from Maia & Borges cheers
I have been looking for this beauty for years, and now Roger found him for me bounce cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The M&B-gang is complete Very Happy
Westie is proud to show you the size Wink

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, Roger Like a Star @ heaven I love you flower sunny bounce flower

Now, another matter :

Roger has been in contact with M & B, and they would like to hear our opinion about the dogs.
STS is again being consulte, arent`t we just the best ??? 🐰 geek alien king jocolor flower elephant queen cat Cool

So I have tried to take some close-ups.
Please forgive if they are not perfect. Hopefully they can give you an impresiion if you do not own these doggies Wink

Please, - et us hear your opinion Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks Susanne for taking your time to show us these great pictures!
We know there are some dogs lovers and experts among our members. Maia & Borges will appreciate your opinions, good or not. The most important is that everybody gives a honest opinion as usual.
That line is from 1998 and judging the new Lake and River birds series that M&B launched this year, it is visible an increasing in painting quality. The material is similar to Schleich and figures are somewhat larger as you can see! :)
Thanks to Maia & Borges for letting us contribute in some of their decisions and an antecipated thanks to all of you. cheers

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Congrats Susanne, and hooray for Roger. He must have made good friends with someone from Maia & Borges! :)

I like these dogs. The cocker spaniels have a very unique charm about them. I like the eskimo dog, too! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Congratulations Susanne for Your lovely new dog! I like him a lot cat Especially size comparison with Your wonderfully charming cat who is enjoying the sun Wink cat

My opinion about dog figures may not be really "expert's opinion" because I don't really collect dogs, having only 3 in total in whole collection. However I do like dogs very much Very Happy And about figures. I think half of the range is very cute and few others may not become best sellers Wink
I would vote for producing again: Doberman, Malamute (possibly in more contrast painting), Alsatian, St Bernard (very cute Razz ) and Boxer? :)

I'm not sure about Collie, Spaniels and Rottweiler scratch :)
Collie is extremely cute but not as realistic as others I think scratch

And wow! Another brand want to listen to us! Hurray! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 am

Great pictures! Thank you Susanne!

I like many of these a lot. I would really like to get the Doberman and the Boxer in particular and would love the opportunity.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 am

Congratulations Susanne!! Wonderful dogs!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

I love the cocker Spaniels, Doberman, German Shepherd and rottweiler! They are wonderful.

Congratulations Susanne and hurray for Roger cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:58 pm

I love the Doberman, German Shepherd and rottweiler. I think it good be a good idea of relaunching the whole line again. As Roger were saying about the paint job & material will be similar to Schleich, I am looking forward too. If being thinking of re-launch & are they going to introduces more breed?

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm

It looks like a nice line. I think the spaniels and the collie are not as good as the others. I like the Alsatian, malamute, boxer, and doberman the best.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I just realized these must have been done by the same person that sculpted the birds - look at the texturing, it's really similar!
The more brands available, the better - so a relaunch would be great. I would definitely want the dobie!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Sumo wrote:
I just realized these must have been done by the same person that sculpted the birds - look at the texturing, it's really similar!
(...)

I think they have two sculptors: Maia and Borges Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 am

ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
(...)

Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Actually Mrs. Maia is a sculptress of the brand, who knows there is also a Borges? Very Happy

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:54 am

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
(...)

Actually Mrs. Maia is a sculptress of the brand, who knows there is also a Borges? Very Happy

Oh I see!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
(...)

Oh, I'm sorry, I shall know that Maia is girl name obviously Embarassed Embarassed I'm happy to hear the company has sculptress and it is important person there cheers I wish one day I could meet her Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:43 pm

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
(...)

Oh, I'm sorry, I shall know that Maia is girl name obviously Embarassed Embarassed I'm happy to hear the company has sculptress and it is important person there cheers I wish one day I could meet her Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Maia is a family name! The founder and owner of the brand is Mr. Victor Maia. Anyway Maia as first name is a girl name indeed. Very Happy Curious that the brand is based in a municipallity called Maia! What a Face study

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
(...)

Laughing Maia is a family name! The founder and owner of the brand is Mr. Victor Maia. Anyway Maia as first name is a girl name indeed. Very Happy Curious that the brand is based in a municipallity called Maia! What a Face study

Oh, so this is more complicated than I thought Laughing Thank You for that information Roger :) cheers
Let us know what mean "Borgese" in this brand name when You will know it Mr Detective Crocobert Very Happy Very Happy Wink cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:59 pm

ana wrote:
[quote="
Oh, so this is more complicated than I thought Laughing Thank You for that information Roger :) cheers
Let us know what mean "Borgese" in this brand name when You will know it Mr Detective Crocobert Very Happy Very Happy Wink cheers

Maybe you will have the chance of asking her directly! Yes? Laughing flower

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
[quote="

Maybe you will have the chance of asking her directly! Yes? Laughing flower

Who knows!! bounce Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?   The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The dogs from Maia & Borges, - should they be re-launched ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next