Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround

Go down 
+19
STORMnl
Kikimalou
pm64
skysthelimit
Sumo
lucky luke
landrover
animalluvr6
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Roger
scot(t)
LukaLeon085
Elros Alvar
SeanieP
widukind
Ana
Taylcoel
SUSANNE
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround Empty
PostSubject: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I got him this morning, and almost dropped my lower jow on the floor : this model is just 100 times nicer than I thought  Shocked

In the catalogue he looks almost like a rough-haired pig with long legs and tail, - but he is GORGEOUS  cheers

I actually winder if they changed the model after they took the pictures for the catalogue  Laughing  Laughing

Of course others may make a better jub, but here is my attempt at a walk-around  Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm

congrats, it is very nice but almost looks like a snow hyaena

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Taylcoel wrote:

I think the colour is pefect ! scratch
They can have lots of different shades : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Phenomenal photos Susanne!! Figure looks 100% better than on catalog's photos Very Happy
This animal was on my wish list from the moment I saw it but now after seeing Your walk around it is definitely on the TOP Very Happy Thank You for great photos Very Happy cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 pm

A wonderful hyena!!Thanks for the pics Susanne and congratulations!! sunny cheers sunny cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Taylcoel wrote:

I think the colour is pefect ! scratch
They can have lots of different shades : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
yes, i didnt mean it looked horrible, i meant i had never seen it Very Happy its so intresting to look at and has lots of detail

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Ahhh, I see, Coel Very Happy
Like a leopard and a snow leopard, - actually you have a point there Shocked Idea Laughing

Thankyou Ana and Andreas, and Cole, of course, - I am SO happy that you like him also sunny sunny sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Four ferocious friends  Laughing  Laughing

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

He looks great--perfect addition to your "clan"
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 pm

BBBBBEEEEEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
VERY REALISTIC MODEL, CONGRATS SUSANNE cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 pm

I saw the name under the belly, but the CollectA animals have the name of the animal as Safari ltd? confused
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 am

Wonderful pictures Susanne!! The Striped Hyena is just a fantastic model and your pictures show it off really nicely. I also really like the group picture. Four sneering hyenas.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 am

Susanne, I hope not bore with my comments! You are very happy with this great figure and I also want it for my collection, because it is nice and I love every kind of hyenas!
It looks CollectA tried to give us the animal with erected mane, your pictures are showing it, but honestly what I see it's a kind of huge hump that gives a not natural looking to the figure.
Maybe is it that makes me think that the figure generally looks odd and maybe everything is related with that decision.
The neck looks too short, head to large and wide and of course the body looks very massive but that's because of the erected mane, striped hyenas use it to look larger indeed. But, if so, why is not the tail also with erected hair?
About the skul you can see that ears are very far part.
I like generally the painting and face is nice. I also think that the figure looks a little better than the river hog.
I'm affraid the lynx presents the same problems, but although your pictures are excelent I need to judge it better in my hands and most of all enjoying such a nice species and figure.
I'm only sure that this is a true and fantastic walk arround and that your pictures are magnificent! cheers

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:40 am

Congrats Susanne! Nice photos!!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:19 am

luka075 wrote:
I saw the name under the belly, but the CollectA animals have the name of the animal as Safari ltd? confused

I am not sure that they all have, but the ones for this year do Very Happy

Thankyou, Alvaro, Scott, Rogerbert and Ken sunny flower sunny

Roger, I agree that it is not a completely perfect model, and I am happy that you put words on the vague feelings that I have about it.
But still, it is a REALLY good attempt , and I love the model very, very much.
Also, we sort of don`t have much choice, do we Laughing Laughing

BTW, I found *this site * about hyenas.
the second picture of the striped hyena could be the model for this model scratch
It could be great also to have a brown hyena and - ESPECIALLY - an aardwolf bounce bounce

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 am

Wow! Shocked he's amazing and so are your photos Susanne cheers cheers congratulations cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:06 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
luka075 wrote:

I am not sure that they all have, but the ones for this year do Very Happy

Thankyou, Alvaro, Scott, Rogerbert and Ken sunny flower sunny

Roger, I agree that it is not a completely perfect model, and I am happy that you put words on the vague feelings that I have about it.
But still, it is a REALLY good attempt , and I love the model very, very much.
Also, we sort of don`t have much choice, do we Laughing Laughing

BTW, I found *this site * about hyenas.
the second picture of the striped hyena could be the model for this model scratch
It could be great also to have a brown hyena and - ESPECIALLY - an aardwolf bounce bounce

Susanne, thanks for the link, actually I used also that icture. There's no perfect figure, isn't it?
That's a walk arround, a perfect topic to say congratulations to the proud owner but also to show our personal feelings about the presented figure.
Actually my expectations about CollectA are very high and what would be an excelent figure 2 years ago can not look so exciting at this moment. But that's my problem once I need learn to live with my expectations.
I have the river hog in my desk, I am completly crazy because we have this species but much more I look at the figure much less I like it. At this moment it looks a red potato with legs. pig Laughing
There's no other among modern brands. The striped hyena was released by Clairet, Chap Mei, Hausser, Lineol, Play Visions, Starlux, etc. Not so rare but also the only one in that category.
Anyway the best to learn to live with it is to follow your suggestion and think in a future brown hyena or other less known species and if the quality is as nice as this one I only have to feel happy. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Haha, Roger, I didn't know You became so critic about new RRH, red potato with legs?! Shocked Laughing More we have more we want, don't we? Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Beautiful striped hyena Susanne! Thanks for the walkaround! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:53 pm

WOW susanne...this hyena is more beautiful that in catalog.

And I 'am very happy because I bought one ,not arrived yet
I hope it, for the next week.

Big..big congrats and thanks for sharing. flower flower

Other hit of Collecta..color of this animal is very nice.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Thankyou, Kelsey and Fernando cheers

Crogerbert, I am VERY happy that the Danish Tomatoes do not look like that cherry pig Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
- take care that the white, Portugese dinoes don`t eat your RRH affraid Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:38 pm

ana wrote:
Haha, Roger, I didn't know You became so critic about new RRH, red potato with legs?! Shocked Laughing More we have more we want, don't we? Very Happy Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
Crogerbert, I am VERY happy that the Danish Tomatoes do not look like that cherry pig Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
- take care that the white, Portugese dinoes don`t eat your RRH affraid Wink

Embarassed Maybe red potato with legs is a little exagerated once the figure is not even red. scratch
ColectA is giving us, in a single year, more excitment than we had in 20 years of Schleich ditacture. It was before an unexpected wish due to the neutrality of the German brand with collectors.
Now we have a brand that turns our wishes true, with quality, and someone that is not able of making a potato without legs is complaining of it.
I'm very glad with CollectA, not because it is outshining Schleich but because it is giving us a very interesting range of animals, with a general quality very good and of course, other brands need to react.
I'll keep my beloved rrh until the first leaves appear and I'll show it sooner than you expect. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Ahh, THIS is Your RRH Roger!!!! Now I understand what You meant!!! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Beautiful striped hyena Susanne! Thanks for the walkaround! Very Happy! cheers cat
I think, in my collection soon bounce drunken
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

I got mine, and it's absolutely adorable! cheers Looks a little nervous, which I guess is only natural when he has to sit next to my big, grinning Papo spotted hyenas. Laughing

Apparently I was so excited about this model I ordered it twice, so now I have a spare. If anyone wants one, PM me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround   The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

The WONDERFUL CollectA striped hyena walkaround
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next