Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains Gaur bull

Go down 
+9
castlerigg
Roger
scot(t)
HKHollinstone
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
Chris Sweetman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm

tyrantqueen wrote:
Lovely, these toys bring back memories I love you

They certainly do tyrantqueen - thanks for your comments. Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I understand you "elderly" guys, because i am one of them to! farao farao
But still, those models from the 1960's and 1970's are my greatest love in my collection!
Even more then fantastic Lineols(which come next) and all of the beautifull stuff that is produced these days!
You Chris, Christophe and me grew up with these models, and i only knew about Britains, Timpo Toys and Hausser Elastolin, not even Starlux or Reisler.
They all have something that no other model can give me, how beautifull they maybe are... cheers

Certainly agree here Willy. Very Happy

I remember playing with Herald farm animals when I was 3 years old! Britains Zoo I have collected since I was around eight years old. Phew! How time has past! Now as an "elderly" guy I am still playing with them! Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Boys and their toys, isn't it Chris? Laughing

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:51 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Boys and their toys, isn't it Chris? Laughing

Absolutely Willy! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 3:55 am

Hello everyone... I heard that some of you have the Britains gaur bull... I have the Mojo gaur but I like more the Britains gaur. I was checking on ebay, and found it! But before I want that someone could resolve this question:

Does this gaur contains lead in paint?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:15 am

TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:
Hello everyone... I heard that some of you have the Britains gaur bull... I have the Mojo gaur but I like more the Britains gaur. I was checking on ebay, and found it! But before I want that someone could resolve this question:

No lead :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 2:04 am

widukind wrote:
TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:

No lead :)

Andreas is right! Britains started their production of animal figures in hollowcast lead, so when you read about lead being dangerous to children, it is about the material that older figures were made. Some of these molds were used to the later range in plastic, some were discontinued and some were released only in plastic material. As far as I know the gaur only exists in plastic so no lead in painting or sculpt. By hte way, I also love absolutely the Britains figure but I think the Mojo deserves an equal praise. It is basically irreproachable and one of the most remarkable figures of modern era. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks for the pics! I bought my Britains' Gaur in 1984 at a specialty toy store. Britian's just hold a dear place in my heart because they were the first animal toy line I had as a kid (Recollected and replaced them in the 80's).
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 1:09 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Thanks for the pics! I bought my Britains' Gaur in 1984 at a specialty toy store. Britian's just hold a dear place in my heart because they were the first animal toy line I had as a kid (Recollected and replaced them in the 80's).

Hi baltimore zoo

You are welcome and I am in the same process as all my childhood collection was given away in 1980 and I am recollecting too.

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 2:50 am

Chris,
Yeah, mine were lost in our move to the west coast. So i was fortunate to recollect most of the zoo and farm at the specialty toy store and now on line thanks to ebay!
I just live the fact they're in relative proportion so when displayed together they look good!
Hope you get all the ones you want!
Happy Holidays!
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 8:51 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Chris,
Yeah, mine were lost in our move to the west coast. So i was fortunate to recollect most of the zoo and farm at the specialty toy store and now on line thanks to ebay!
I just live the fact they're in relative proportion so when displayed together they look good!
Hope you get all the ones you want!
Happy Holidays!

Hi baltimore zoo

This is why I like Britains Zoo and Farm figures everything is in 1:32nd scale and therefore in correct proportion to each other.

I have most of the zoo animals and just need three more models to complete the set. These are the second version of the bison which was issued in 1980, the young crocodile number 1326 and the "very" young crocodile 1327 with open mouth. I have the latter but this is the version as issued in the MiniSet and has the hole in the belly.

How is your collection progressing?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains Gaur bull   Britains Gaur bull - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains Gaur bull
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2