Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+14
scot(t)
Dorkan
ken yeo
Kristie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wildheart
Roger
Elros Alvar
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
landrover
Kikimalou
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Did somebody noticed this year was not only an antelope but also a penguin year for COLLECTA.

From Rusty, I received today the Rockhooper and Gentoo penguins.

First the models seems very small.  Suspect

second, small but nevertheless it is a good size.  Wink

Third the writings are BIG  Shocked  especially on the Rockhooper  What a Face

Fourth... I made a few pics  Wink

The Gentoo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Rockhooper

Let's dance

Family portraits
The Rockhooper couple : COLLECTA and COLORATA

The Gentoo penguin family : COLLECTA, SAFARI Ltd toob and COLORATA

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

These penguins are very interesting.

And is very notorious that Rockhooper has hard marcation ,on his back.

where has letters gentoo ?..?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Ohhh, I can`t wait !!!! They are also on the way to me from Rusty bounce bounce

Great walk-around as always, Christophe cheers

Please will you show them with a well know model ( Schleich or such scratch ) as I do neither have the Safari toob nor the Coloratas , - when you have time...IF you have time Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Nice dancing pinguins!! Thank you Kiki!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

landrover wrote:

These penguins are very interesting.

And is very notorious that Rockhooper has hard marcation ,on his back.

where has letters gentoo ?..?

They are on the wings Fernando Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh, I can`t wait !!!! They are also on the way to me from Rusty bounce bounce

Great walk-around as always, Christophe cheers

Please will you show them with a well know model ( Schleich or such scratch ) as I do neither have the Safari toob nor the Coloratas , - when you have time...IF you have time Wink

scratch I don't have SCHLEICH penguins... For some reason. Wink

I used the BULLYLAND inuit to show the scale... How can I help you Susanne ? Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Nice dancing pinguins!! Thank you Kiki!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:24 pm

They're gorgeous Christophe, congratulations cheers That's such a shame about the writing though, completely ruins the model, especially bad on the rockhopper.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
scratch I don't have SCHLEICH penguins... For some reason. Wink

I used the BULLYLAND inuit to show the scale... How can I help you Susanne ? Very Happy

Ups !!! Sorry !!! Embarassed
That must be "selective looking", - I did not see ANYTHING but the new penguins geek

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
That's such a shame about the writing though, completely ruins the model, especially bad on the rockhopper.
Agreed but congrats Chris cheers

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Congrats cheers cheers cheers I have one happy feet but is very big. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks for your great pictures Christophe! The gentoo is not perfect in shape and needs some repainting under the wings but I like its pose and opened beak! I need some more time to get used with the rockhopper, the letters and general shape are not convincent enough but there are some differences between species and I need to check better. Very Happy
Congratulations, they are generally good figures. monkey

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Will buy both for sure!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Great pics! Makes me want to watch happy feet!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 am

Congrats Christophe! And thank you for all of the photos! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:43 am

Congrats Chris!

I always find it hard to get the Gentoo penguin stand & do you have this problems?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you all cheers

ken yeo wrote:
Congrats Chris!

I always find it hard to get the Gentoo penguin stand & do you have this problems?

No Ken, mine is standing without problems !

skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
That's such a shame about the writing though, completely ruins the model, especially bad on the rockhopper.
Agreed but congrats Chris cheers
Yes, I don't understand why they need to write so much things on such a tiny animal, it drives me crazy geek
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks for your great pictures Christophe! The gentoo is not perfect in shape and needs some repainting under the wings but I like its pose and opened beak! I need some more time to get used with the rockhopper, the letters and general shape are not convincent enough but there are some differences between species and I need to check better. Very Happy

I agree about the Gentoo wings but I like its pose too Wink

The Rockhooper is not bad, excepting the back What a Face , I suppose the inspiration for the head came from this one Laughing

The VERY good thing for me is they can live with the fabulous COLORATA penguins I love you I hope COLLECTA will make more in the future cheers
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

Country/State : Poland-Trzebinia /France-Salvizinet

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 am

Gentoo penguin was not in the movie Happy Feet Laughing
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 am

Those are great penguins Christophe, and wonderful walkarounds! Thank you for the pictures!

I like both penguins. I thought I would like them more than the Colorata, but I guess I don't, especially the Gentoo. The Gentoo by Colorata remains one of the best for me. The detail on the faces of the CollectA seems strong. And finally, the writing on the back of the Rockhopper, as Harriet has already pointed out, is really too bad. It does detract from the figure.

nevertheless, these are great additions; and congratulations!!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Yes, I don't understand why they need to write so much things on such a tiny animal, it drives me crazy geek

I suppose it is some EU-regulation Mad Mad

Kikimalou wrote:

I hope COLLECTA will make more in the future cheers

Yes ! Yes ! Collecta, pleeease make more penguins, - and other birds also bounce bounce cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree about the Gentoo wings but I like its pose too Wink

The Rockhooper is not bad, excepting the back What a Face , I suppose the inspiration for the head came from this one Laughing

The VERY good thing for me is they can live with the fabulous COLORATA penguins I love you I hope COLLECTA will make more in the future cheers

Laughing A Punk rockhopper! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I suppose it is some EU-regulation Mad Mad

The silly thing is : Why rockhoopers would have an EU-regulation and not Gentoo penguins confused

Roger wrote:
Laughing A Punk rockhopper! Very Happy

Penguins not dead What a Face Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

Country/State : Poland-Trzebinia /France-Salvizinet

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Did somebody noticed this year was not only an antelope but also a penguin year for COLLECTA.

From Rusty, I received today the Rockhooper and Gentoo penguins.

First the models seems very small. Suspect

second, small but nevertheless it is a good size. Wink

Third the writings are BIG Shocked especially on the Rockhooper What a Face

Fourth... I made a few pics Wink

Hi Christophe,
You new additions of CollectA penguin is so great! Very Happy Congratulasions ! cheers cheers cheers Very,very thanks for pics... but, can have a whole set of Safari LTD penguins in the tube? if I remember correctly, it was called "Penguins Toob" Here you have a picture:
I mean mainly the Chinstrap penguin closer picture .. can have this model? I would ask for a closer photo of you, a great idea with the penguins in the tube :)
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:47 pm

My Happy feet penguin, :) I buy them when I was young Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:49 pm

The SAFARI Ltd Penguin toob is not a priority for me, the quality is not at the same level...

Not bad but I have so much model to buy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:38 am

congrats Kiki . I love the rockhopper more than the gentoo . In fact, the K&M polybag and toob penguins [ polar toob ] are really impressive which I have . I would try to post some pics. soon .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou   Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy feet : The 2012 COLLECTA Gentoo and Rockhooper penguin walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next