Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround

Go down 
+20
PeGe
pm64
Tupolew Tu-154
diversity
MartinH
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
lucky luke
Mastiffcat
landrover
Tiermann
Ana
STORMnl
trevok4
Dr.Narayanan
Roger
widukind
Elros Alvar
SUSANNE
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 pm

the more i see him, the more i like him. no no no! he is not a sheep!

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Got him to

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:

I am sure I heard him say BAAAAH ! drunken

STORMnl wrote:
Got him to

CONGRATULATIONS, Martien cheers

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

It is not a sheep... It is a prehistoric ram Very Happy Laughing Go for it cheers
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 pm

thanks Susanne

martien

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Very cool figure. I like it and i will buy it.

Collecta makes good prehistoric animals, but their horses.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Susanne! You really bought a giant! It's simply fantastic! My compliments! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 pm

pm64 wrote:
Susanne! You really bought a giant! It's simply fantastic! My compliments! cheers cheers

Thankyou very much cheers

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 am

Honestly, i don't understand why it's (his;-)) Cojones are such a problem,....
when the first pictures of this figurine were shown here, they were pretty obvious.
And when i look at some models of farmlife, elephants or whatever, one can also easily spot the gender,....
I may be fighting for the right of plastic testicles here, but why not? Very Happy Cool Laughing Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 am

Laughing Laughing It is no big problem, Philipp Wink

Actually I meant it as halfway a joke, - but only halfway.
There is a difference between a model animal looking like animals DO look, - and then flashing a close-up of huge testicles in the face of people in an open forum.

There are very young members here, and I surely hope their parents keep an eye on what they do on the net.
We know that some parents are very nervous. It would be a shame if some of our young members got into trouble because of a photo here.

So, in principle I agree with you ( and I am sure that most of us do), but a bit of consideration is ok, I think rabbit

STORMnl

STORMnl

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm

ok i give a responce

when poeple with small kid walking in the toyshop
and comming to the CollectA stand
when they have it,haha Very Happy

they look to the figures and see the big testicles also

and ask mammie

why has that rhino 2 tails Embarassed

so no big deal for me showing the large testicles Sad(o)):

martien

ps

i have that figure to and i like the figure very much

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 am

It isin my Watch List on Ebay. sunny
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Megacerops Walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 am

Basic Facts

Megacerops was an odd toed ungulate from North America, and was most commonly reffered to as the brontotherium. The name brontotherium, originates from the fact that when native Americans found there fosselized skulls washed out of the earth after a rainstorm, they thought that these cretures ran across the sky, causing thunder to roar with there feet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Censored

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 am

Thank you for showing this very fine model Takama Very Happy

Nevertheless, a Megacerops walkaround already exist since september 2012. I will merge the two topics Wink

Takama wrote:
Censored

Laughing I'm not too prudish but I agree this model is a bit "demonstrative" affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
pouchedrat

pouchedrat

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I added this formidable prehistoric creature to my collection at Christmas, and have to say it's awesome !!! It's an impressive figure with a dynamic pose and stature, and yeah, particularly well endowed. Personally, when it comes to critter figurines, the anatomically correct depiction of it's gender; particularly if male (which appears to always create the biggest stir) surely only serves to make the figure more an authentic representation of it's species. Why would anybody seriously want to censor the plastic willy on a toy figure ? It's ludicrous !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 pm

You want it un censored?

Ok here you go

Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 pm

It looks good, but I just can't get over the male parts, after all, this is a toy, not a museum model. I think I'll pass and wait for the Mojo's Brontotherium.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 pm

I honestly feel that our animals considered as MUSEUM QUALITY realistic figurines , serving as collectors' items and educational purpose, there is absolutely no harm in differentiating male and female versions through reproductive organ details . This adds a sense of completion to the particular animal figurine .

After all , we need is accuracy and realism , be it from collectors' view or learners' view :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Seriously, a long time ago it was impossible to show genital parts on a toy... And now we can see them even on models with hidden genital organs. Laughing

And we still don't know how it was for a megacerops Wink Even Deluxe Laughing
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
I honestly feel that our animals considered as MUSEUM QUALITY realistic figurines , serving as collectors' items and educational purpose, there is absolutely no harm in differentiating male and female versions through reproductive organ details . This adds a sense of completion to the particular animal figurine .

After all , we need is accuracy and realism , be it from collectors' view or learners' view :)

I'm all about accuracy and realism. Is just that if you are going so far as sculpting the testicles and penis of an extinct animal in such a conspicuous way for the sake of quality, then you should get the toes/hooves and the proportion of the hind legs and head right first Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Defteros wrote:
Dr.Narayanan wrote:

I'm all about accuracy and realism. Is just that if you are going so far as sculpting the testicles and penis of an extinct animal in such a conspicuous way for the sake of quality, then you should get the toes/hooves and the proportion of the hind legs and head right first Rolling Eyes

Well , when it comes in terms of Pre historic animals , no brand is perfect , as each brand interprets in it' s own imaginative way .

I think What we should keep in mind is whether the necessary elements of a pre historic animal is present in a particular model .

Let's take Deinotherium . Bullyland's version totally varies with collect A and coLLect A similarly varies with Mojo's interpretations . You can never say the head , neck , toes / hooves , hind legs etc. are totally perfect in one brand :) The same with Sabretooth and woolly mammoth .

Even , the taxidermied models in museums DO differ a bit . So , it's all individual scientist's interpretation of studying the fossil inferences . [ I mean only the extinct and pre historic animals ] . People of all ages visit museums you know . Have they castrated the taxidermied animals in the museums ? NO . Similarly , our figurines are all museum quality models depicting a specific species . Obviously , they should all be sculpted with the basic elements .

I mean the term " accuracy and realism ' in this sense ; - Depicting a particular extinct animal's common characteristic features [ like Brontotherium with bifurcated horns , woolly mammoth with long curved tusks , Dodo with the beak etc. etc. ] , thus we can infer the species easily .

So , why not the animal be differentiated as male or female ? Genitals are also essential part of those animals for study purpose [ like toes , neck , nostrils , fur , horns legs etc. ] - viewing as collectors , Scientists , even young people interested in Pre historic world . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
Defteros wrote:
Dr.Narayanan wrote:

Well , when it comes in terms of Pre historic animals , no brand is perfect , as each brand interprets in it' s own imaginative way .

I think What we should keep in mind is whether the necessary elements of a pre historic animal is present in a particular model .

Let's take Deinotherium . Bullyland's version totally varies with collect A and coLLect A similarly varies with Mojo's interpretations . You can never say the head , neck , toes / hooves , hind legs etc. are totally perfect in one brand :) The same with Sabretooth and woolly mammoth .

Even , the taxidermied models in museums DO differ a bit . So , it's all individual scientist's interpretation of studying the fossil inferences . [ I mean only the extinct and pre historic animals ] . People of all ages visit museums you know . Have they castrated the taxidermied animals in the museums ? NO . Similarly , our figurines are all museum quality models depicting a specific species . Obviously , they should all be sculpted with the basic elements .

I mean the term " accuracy and realism ' in this sense ; - Depicting a particular extinct animal's common characteristic features [ like Brontotherium with bifurcated horns , woolly mammoth with long curved tusks , Dodo with the beak etc. etc. ] , thus we can infer the species easily .

So , why not the animal be differentiated as male or female ? Genitals are also essential part of those animals for study purpose [ like toes , neck , nostrils , fur , horns legs etc. ] - viewing as collectors , Scientists , even young people interested in Pre historic world . Rolling Eyes

Prehistoric animal figures aren't a matter of imagination and interpretation if you're striving for accuracy and you have the skeletons available. Just look at the picture of a Megacerops skeleton and you'll see the head is notably smaller, the toes are different and and the hind legs are different too. Skin color and behaviour are a matter of interpretation, bodily proportions and shape aren't No . Besides not all animals can be differentiated from male or female on simple sight, so is no big deal, specially for children. My point is: Worry about getting right the evident and deal with the rest later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround   Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecta 2012 MegaDeLuxe Megacerops walkaround
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2