Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010

Go down 
+3
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:41 am

Today i recieved two excellent Chap Mei figurines, which i had from a trade with Anna(Arrakai), which was a good trade for us both i think!  Very Happy
Here they are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nine-Banded Armadillo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Liontail Macaque

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 am

They're great! Congratulations Willy, the Armadillo is really nice. king
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Thank you Harriet, i like them both very much, as they are not very often to be seen as models, specially the liontail macaque. Cool

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I love your tatou Willy!Se magnificue! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:40 am

I hope you don't mean my avatar, which i am changing every day for the next six months, haha... Wink
So actually i don't know what you mean by saying what you liked... Embarassed

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 am

So actually i don't know what you mean by saying what you liked... Embarassed [/quote]

It's an Armadillo, in Portuguese it is called tatu...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 am

Roger wrote:
So actually i don't know what you mean by saying what you liked... Embarassed

It's an Armadillo, in Portuguese it is called tatu...[/quote]

Tatou in French Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 am

Tatou in French Wink [/quote]

Christophe, there are many similar words in Portuguese and French. Do you now in Portuguese to say crazzy Kiki???
It's... Kiki maluco!!!
You're a very nice collector... congratulations!!! I loved your site
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:29 am

Congratulations on these great additions.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 am

I have two of those monkeys, - didn`t know what they were untill now !

There is a funny little story about how I got the second one of them :

It must have been app 10 years ago, I was looking for the Schleich Swan. Schleich was very new to us Danes then ;-)
A French lady wrote to me, she had a "belle signe". I knew the word, not the spelling, for swan - Cygne, I think, so I thought it was a swan. Razz

You can imaging my surprise when I got the package with this very aggressive looking monkey instead of a lovely, white swan Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:52 am

I would'never had thought about the armadillo in this word, haha. tongue
Actually, i was thinking about a tattoo or so because i have one... Laughing

And i do speak a lot of languages, and i know about so many words that are similar in the Latin languages, and even in Latin and German languages, but when it comes to the names of animals in some countries, you can get very confused sometimes... Rolling Eyes
I have to google a lot when i want to find the proper name in English sometimes... scratch study

By the way, Torben owns this monkee too, and he names it a gibbon on his site????
Shame on you Torben, haha Wink study

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I would'never had thought about the armadillo in this word, haha. tongue
Actually, i was thinking about a tattoo or so because i have one... Laughing

And i do speak a lot of languages, and i know about so many words that are similar in the Latin languages, and even in Latin and German languages, but when it comes to the names of animals in some countries, you can get very confused sometimes... Rolling Eyes
I have to google a lot when i want to find the proper name in English sometimes... scratch study

By the way, Torben owns this monkee too, and he names it a gibbon on his site????
Shame on you Torben, haha Wink study

Tatu is a tupi-guarani word of brasilien indian people, armadillo is a spanish word, from latin language that means armoured. That's the confusion! Tattoo in Portuguese is tatuagem!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:55 am

I am not into native languages of the diverse Indian people, but armadillo i understood, even before i understood Spanish... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:20 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I am not into native languages of the diverse Indian people, but armadillo i understood, even before i understood Spanish... Rolling Eyes

In french, we call it a tatou because it's the french name of the animal who live currently in France... In the "French Guyana département" of course ! Laughing

A tattoo is a tatouage and I never heard about an armadillo until I learned English... Wink

Armadillo means nothing here. "An armour" is "une armure" and "blindé" means "armoured" Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Yes of course my friend, in French Guyana, and in our former Guyana(Suriname) too i guess... scratch

Yes yes, we call a tattoo a tatouage too around here, as we have so many French words in our language thanks to Louis Napoleon farao

PostSubject: Re: Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010   Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chap Mei armadillo and macaque came in for September 2010
Page 1 of 1