Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?

Go down 
+3
schmidtchenschleich
SUSANNE
essimon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
essimon

essimon

Country/State : Finland

How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? Empty
PostSubject: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 pm

I have been collecting schleich horses for years and now i have about all of them, except the super pinto and all but one koblischeck horses. I can see a great collection, but what my family and friends see is a lot of money wasted on toys.

I have been wondering what is my collection really worth in money. I'm not going to sell anything, but it would be fun to know what I could get for them if I sold them. Is there a webpage where's some prices for retired and special edition horses? I've seen pages like toydreamer's and gascher's, but I think the horses can't be worth that much money that they're asking. Many of the retired horses can be found for cheaper at eBay for example. Should I just check the prices from eBay?

I have also heard of the schleich collector's quide -book, but there the values are lower than anywhere in the internet. Also the book is several years old, so I think that today some models are more valuable than at the time of the book's release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myschleich.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:36 pm

That is a really, really hard question !!!!

You can keep an eye on ebay, but the prices depend on lots and lots of factors scratch

Yes, Gascher`s is already 3 years old, and the prices were probably collected a couple of years before it was published.
Further the book itself had an enormous impact on the prices, because now everyone could see what they didn`t have Laughing

It is my impression that the marked has seetteled quite a lot now. The semi-rare models don`t fetch the really high prices any more... study

schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Look at the prizes of the rare models and count the Rest. For the Rest you would get 2-3 Euro.
For example 150 Euro for the super pinto and 100 horses and foals.
So the worth is 400 Euro.
For some horses you could get 10 Euros, but for many foals you only got 1 Euro.
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 pm

schmidtchenschleich wrote:
Look at the prizes of the rare models and count the Rest. For the Rest you would get 2-3 Euro.
For example 150 Euro for the super pinto and 100 horses and foals.
So the worth is 400 Euro.
For some horses you could get 10 Euros, but for many foals you only got 1 Euro.
Yes this is how I work mine out Wink even though you will not get a exact prize you will get a rough one

SUSANNE wrote:
That is a really, really hard question !!!!

You can keep an eye on ebay, but the prices depend on lots and lots of factors scratch

Yes, Gascher`s is already 3 years old, and the prices were probably collected a couple of years before it was published.
Further the book itself had an enormous impact on the prices, because now everyone could see what they didn`t have Laughing

It is my impression that the marked has seetteled quite a lot now. The semi-rare models don`t fetch the really high prices any more... study

Yes hopefully, it will rise any year now Laughing but I have many to sell but I have noticed the prices on Ebay are decreasing, I am afraid it might never rise again Crying or Very sad Laughing

cheers cheers elephant elephant Laughing Laughing

my website link is at the bottom Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 am

SUSANNE wrote:

It is my impression that the marked has seetteled quite a lot now. The semi-rare models don`t fetch the really high prices any more...

I think Susanne is exactly right about this. I know I overpaid for quite a few Schleich models. I'm okay with that and I have no plan to sell them. But I'm quite confident that I could never recoup the money I've put into my collection even if I wanted to.

My own view is that the toydreamer prices are very inflated. I find the best way to get a sense for "market" prices is to look on ebay.de. One does need to do a little research, if only to avoid the few sellers out there who will list figures for absurdly high prices.

Back to top Go down
essimon

essimon

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 am

Thank you all for your comments! I will do some research in eBay;) tough I have noticed that in Finland the rare models are much better payed - there the models are more rare than in germany and everybody doesn't want to buy from other countries or they just don't know about eBay. So the value of my collection may vary in finland/europe/other countries.

And then there is the tag thing. "New with tag" increases the price MUCH, are you willing to pay much more for old models with the tag? Is it really that important?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myschleich.blogspot.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

I don´t care about tag. If I can choose between a model which is new with tag, and one without tag, I only compare condition and price. That´s all. Tags have nothing to do with me Razz

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Loridena

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:46 pm

The worth of collection-items is nothing sure. Especially if the trade is mostly about Ebay Wink The "Problem" with the Schleich (and other brand's) items is: There is no "natural" worth in the material, and its nothing antik or a peace of art. So things like jewelly, antik furniture or handmade items of wood or metal have often an "objective" worth. but also there it can change very fast.
The thing with the Schleich figures is similar to Stamps or Überraschungs-Ei-Figures (Chocolate-Egg-Figures): The Worth depends only on the number of people, who wants the item (and the rarity of an item).
In the last 10 years, the stamps lost their worth in big parts, because the €-coins were more interesting to collect.

The only important thing for a buying-decision should be, how much you like the figure. To buy figures only for selling them is a risk, and you have to know the market very well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?   How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much is my SCHLEICH collection worth?
Page 1 of 1