Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Schleich Horse Collection

Go down 
+5
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SaF-86
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SaF-86

SaF-86

Country/State : UK

My Schleich Horse Collection  Empty
PostSubject: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am

Here are my 11 current Schleich horses that I have fallen in love with... I've collected them over the last month since getting my first one, the Lipizzaner stallion ^-^

I have been looking online on ebay for ones I would like, since discovering most of my favourite breeds have been discontinued >.< so will persevere and hopeful manage to get the ones I want without spending a ridiculos amount of money in the process! I've had a very successful weekend of bidding, and should have three more horses and two foals arrive over the next week. Fingers crossed they all make it to me in the post ok.

I will post photos of them when they get here, and I am looking out for 4 more that I would really like. I'm not currently trying to get ALL of the horses, I just want the ones that I really like the models of (pose/colouration/breed). Wish me luck!

(also I hope the pics are the right size, I resized them all to 800 pixels before uploading them to photobucket, let me know if they turn out too big)

Lipizzaner family - Stallion (Tornado), Mare (Catherine) and Foal (Agmar)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Friesian family - Stallion (Morgul) and Mare (Velvet), the Foal is hopefully on the way!

Palomino/Hanoverian family - Palomino Stallion (Pietro), Hanoverian Mare (Leoni) and Andalusian Foal (Amora), this bunch came about because I am a zoologist and a genetics geek, especially with genes for colouration and the way to get a buckskin coat foal is to breed a palomino and bay horse together, its not 100% guarenteed to get a buckskin foal but its one way to do it =)

Clydesdales family - Stallion (Aspall), Mare (Storm) and Foal (Peggy), I adore heavy horse breeds so had to get hold of these guys, especially since the mare has been discontinued! =O

I was wondering if you guys could give me a 'reasonable' price guide for getting discountinued figures in the horse range, because I have no idea what is reasonable and what isn't and I would rather not get ripped off! I'm not after the rare, old ones, but the ones from 2000 onwards really. Although I would really love one of the 1999 heavy horses, as that is as close to a Suffolk Punch (my favourite heavy horse breed) as I think Schleich will ever get! >.<
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-and-flame-86.deviantart.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 am

Nice collection! I really like the names for them too. As far as prices go, that always depends (everyone on here will probably say that) but since the ones you really want are more recent I would not imagine them being too expensive, but again it mainly comes down to how much you want the figure, the particular moment of when it is being sold (ex. if on ebay how many people are watching that particular sale, luck), and your monetary status (if you have already recovered from a previous purchase, life expenses etc.) And many on the forum I am sure will be more than willing to help you find the ones you want, I have had tremendous luck. Lastly I wish you luck in your hunting of the horses you want!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 am

Congratulations!! A nice collection cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 am

Beautyful models , - and fabulous photoes cheers
The size is perfect, too Very Happy

About the prices, Paige altready said it..that depends What a Face
The prices go up and down, and lots of other factors influence, too. One being the state the model is in.
Take a look at the "Buy it now" prices, and they are probably in the high end.
If you are patient and willing to spend lots of time over an extended period, searching Ebay, you may be lucky.
But also consider the price of shipping, of course.

Funny about the cream-gene. I have been breeding Icelandic horses for many years, and have esp been going for the cream gene .
As my old mare is a cremello, I could have got heaps palomino-foals , but I decided to try for a "smoky" ( black/cream), using black sires.
And got only palominoes and buckskins Laughing Perhaps Albina is homozygote for bay ?

BTW, do you know that Papo made a cremello mare and foal ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Great collection. Very Happy
It is nice that you give names to your figures. I don't know which figures you're searching. Sometimes a retired Schleich horse can be very expensive or even very cheap. As it was told previously, it can be a question of luck.
Though, if they are recently retired, I believe they can be found in shops and there are Schleich shops everywhere. :)
Pictures are perfect. flower

SaF-86

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks guys! I do like my little (growing) herd very much, I received three of my weekend ebay winnings today and am very happy with them, still waiting on two more to arrive from the weekend's purchases (the shire stallion and grazing shire mare) but I've been assured that they are in the post >.<

Friesian family - Now complete with their foal (Belfas)

Percheron family - Mare (Belle) and Foal (Banner), the stallion is hopefully on his way to me... won him on ebay today as I saw him with no one bidding on him so had to swoop in and buy him ^-^

its interesting watching what people are paying for the figures, some are definatly going for more than I can afford! But do these prices seem reasonable... I figured that for a retired model anything around about the original retail price (in the UK its £5.25 I think? which is about 6.50 euros) would be good even though its second hand... but if this is unrealistic expectation then please say so I know to adjust my attitude!

so far I have bought (including cost of postage)... my percheron mare and stallion for £5.19 each (6.40 euros) and my shire mare and stallion for £6.49 each (about 8 euros), do those prices seem about right? I know the shires got a bit more expensive... but I love heavy horses so much! I really would like one of the chestnut 'heavy horses' that are sometimes descibed as a belgian, but I doubt he would come cheap >.<

susanne, wow you breed horses! thats amazing, I used to live next door to people that bred suffolk punches, one of their mares even foaled the night I was babysitting for them once! Smoky colouration is amazing, but so hard to breed for from what I've heard, there is so much dispute over what actually counts as a 'smoky' too... as for Albina, I though two loci controlled the bay/chestnut type colour bases?
So to have no smokey blacks, and only palominos and buckskins... she would have to be heterozygous for the black base so she could produce the chestnut or bay base for palomino or buckskin respectively... and then she would have to be homozygous for the dominant secondary 'agouti' locus, as you need homozygous recessive agouti in a foal to get smokey black if I remember right? Do correct me if I'm wrong or not making sense, its nice to meet someone else interested in horsey genetics!

I didn't know that about papo, I have only been able to find their 2012 catalogue and I don't remeber seeing any cremellos in there!?
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-and-flame-86.deviantart.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 am

Very nice collection! Congratulations! cheers
It's so nice to hear about Your love for Suffolk Punch breed, I like them very much too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am

CONGRATULATIONS with your beautyful Fresians flower
The prices you pay seem quite reasonable Very Happy

SaF-86 wrote:
... its nice to meet someone else interested in horsey genetics!

I didn't know that about papo, I have only been able to find their 2012 catalogue and I don't remeber seeing any cremellos in there!?

The Papo cremellose were unfortunately retired this year. But they are still available in lots of places .
You can see mine here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are several people here who are very interested in horse colours. cherry alien
But I am only interested in the genetics, and not much in all the names of the various shades.
I used to hold seminars for breeders and their children about colour breeding, and learned that I had to keep it absolutely simple, because it IS simple Very Happy Still the children understood best Laughing
You are right, only Albina is ee, - chestnut base colour, as she is after two palominoes. The E`s of her offspring came from the black sires.
As you say, she could be AA, because A is invisible in chestnuts, and E-, A- is bay.

The problem with breeding smoky is that in most lines, "smokies" are just normal black.
In Iceland there was a top Perlino-mare, who gave birth to no less than 4 black colts. The colts all grew up to be fantastic and were shown a lot. There was no doubt that they were the same almost-black as all Icelandic black horses.
But of course half their offspring got a cream gene from them. But never a smoky Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately I can`t breed horses any more. I have developed arthritis and can`t handle the youngsters Crying or Very sad

black unicorn

black unicorn

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Congratulations Sad(o)): for your very nice collection (I hope it will grow and grow...) cheers cheers

One of my favorite horses is the friesian mare. It was the first Schleich figure I bought. Unfortunately I don't like the friesian stallion very much, because it is too small compared with the mare Crying or Very sad .

Friesian horses are my absolute favorite horse breed, but no brand has a stallion I absolutely like. silent

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm

congrats again cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 am

Congrats! Such beautiful horses! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am

The friesian Stallion is one of my fabourites cheers sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Horse Collection    My Schleich Horse Collection  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Schleich Horse Collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: