Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mishmi Takin

Go down 
+18
ken yeo
pm64
SyLoBe
Numa
signatus
Kikimalou
Wildheart
cattlecollector
lucky luke
animalluvr6
Ana
PeGe
widukind
JonasV
HKHollinstone
Roger
SUSANNE
Fisva
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Mishmi Takin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Excellent work!
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm

We've failed the first attempt of copying the takin because we didn't fill the box properly, but the part that had been copied was quite good :) I will try again today or tomorrow, but I think it will be okay, I just need to try a few times. Unfortunately the horns broke so I think I will have to repair them a few times Razz
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Very beautiful!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Fisva wrote:
We've failed the first attempt of copying the takin because we didn't fill the box properly, but the part that had been copied was quite good :) I will try again today or tomorrow, but I think it will be okay, I just need to try a few times. Unfortunately the horns broke so I think I will have to repair them a few times Razz

Good luck! Very Happy

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:24 am

fantastic figure , you are a very good artist, another one in this fantastic forum! ...and a very original choice as well Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Unfortunately I've managed to make only one copy Sad For other copies I will have to wait until Christmas when my fiance will go back home. We were able to make a mold (which, however, ended with broken horns and leg of the original figure), but we had problems with filling it in a right way. We need to find another solution Neutral
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Fisva wrote:
Unfortunately I've managed to make only one copy Sad For other copies I will have to wait until Christmas when my fiance will go back home. We were able to make a mold (which, however, ended with broken horns and leg of the original figure), but we had problems with filling it in a right way. We need to find another solution Neutral

oh Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Fisva wrote:

What kind of mold did You made? And what material You used for copies? I remember our first trial also failed, don't worry, most of the time second or third trial is successful! :) Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm

I use Kromopan to make a mold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUo2wfsM1Q
It is a powder that is used to make a mold of your teeth when you need dental bracers. It is mixed with water so it softened the clay, this is why the leg and horns broke. I've filled it with dentist plaster, because it's harder than the normal one. The second idea is to protect the figure with a foil and make a plaster mold, but I have no idea how to do that (my fiance knows, probably Razz) Next time I will use the copy to make a mold, because it won't break. Be patient please, I promise I will make copies, just need to figure out how :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Whatever are the results your effort is very appreciated. Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 am

Count me in!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 am

Fisva wrote:
I use Kromopan to make a mold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUo2wfsM1Q
It is a powder that is used to make a mold of your teeth when you need dental bracers. It is mixed with water so it softened the clay, this is why the leg and horns broke. I've filled it with dentist plaster, because it's harder than the normal one. The second idea is to protect the figure with a foil and make a plaster mold, but I have no idea how to do that (my fiance knows, probably Razz) Next time I will use the copy to make a mold, because it won't break. Be patient please, I promise I will make copies, just need to figure out how :)

I think this material of mold lets You to do only very few copies, doesn't it? It's seems less durable and shrinks after few hours scratch It's very good to make molds of body parts because it's safe for skin but for small figures it seems to have limitations :)
I think maybe You could try with silicone molds? It's most popular technology in small models reproduction? I can recommend good and nice silicon for mold making from the company Silikony Polskie, one of the nicest for small models is Gumosil S, it has also good price. If You call the company they may send You small free samples of few different silicones, each sample 200ml and this will be enough for the first small mold. If You ask, they can also send sheet with instructions about few kinds of molds which You can do with their product. It's very good guide :)
For small models I would not recommend plaster (gypsum?) mold, hard molds are not very good for such small works study
And what You used for copies? :)

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 am

I have already thought about silicone but yet I can't afford it, this is why I buy Kromopan (16 zloties for 0,5kg). It does shrink, that's true. As I've said before I've used dentist plaster to fill the mold, but it is rather heavy and I would probably pay a lot for postage Neutral I'm considering doing the bodies separately with aluminium filling and make legs and heads from mold.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am

Fisva wrote:
I have already thought about silicone but yet I can't afford it, this is why I buy Kromopan (16 zloties for 0,5kg). It does shrink, that's true.

If You can, check out these free samples, from 2 samples (200ml) You can actually have whole mold for takin. From silicone mold You can have up to 50 resin (epoxy, poliurethane etc) copies. In case You do copies out of plaster You can cast even hundreds from one mold as plaster do not react with silicone (in opposite to resins).

It's very likely to get free samples from this company, they know You may come back and buy more of their product in future. Ask for few silicones with similar specification as Gumosil S study

Fisva wrote:
As I've said before I've used dentist plaster to fill the mold, but it is rather heavy and I would probably pay a lot for postage Neutral I'm considering doing the bodies separately with aluminium filling and make legs and heads from mold.

That sound interesting too. I've never thought about this technique Cool :)

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you Anna for help, I will mail them for samples, if they won't respond I will call them :) I will also ask that guy who makes copies, maybe he will have some spare silicone. Too bad that the takin is rather big, a lot of material has to be used in making a copy.
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Didn't saw this

wow what a great model

you have mucho mucho talent

i like this figure very much

Martien

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 pm

They wrote me an answer:
Witam,
Jeśli chodzi o próbki to mogę Pani wysłać usieciowane krążki naszych kauczuków.
W innym wypadku proponuję zakup 1 kg.

Pozdrawiam,

Łukasz Piotrowski
Marketing

I have no idea what does that mean scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Fisva wrote:
They wrote me an answer:
Witam,
Jeśli chodzi o próbki to mogę Pani wysłać usieciowane krążki naszych kauczuków.
W innym wypadku proponuję zakup 1 kg.

Pozdrawiam,

Łukasz Piotrowski
Marketing

I have no idea what does that mean scratch scratch

OK, so maybe they do not send liquid samples anymore. From their answer I understand they only can send You samples that already are hard thus You can't try to do mold out of them, I'm sorry scratch
Well, maybe that changed from 2010 - times when I asked. scratch And one kilo costs about 80 PLN or so, and 1 kilo is way too much for small mold Rolling Eyes I don't know in such a case, I think asking Your friend who made copies for some spare silicone would be another solution scratch

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 pm

I will ask him, I hope he will have some spare silicone for me bounce
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Baby for my takin:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Sooo cute !!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers Congratulations!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Adorable baby!! I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Lovely baby and neatly combed! I love you flower Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:06 pm

A very wonderful baby cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 pm

A very wonderful baby drunken Sad(o)): flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishmi Takin
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: