Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mishmi Takin

Go down 
+18
ken yeo
pm64
SyLoBe
Numa
signatus
Kikimalou
Wildheart
cattlecollector
lucky luke
animalluvr6
Ana
PeGe
widukind
JonasV
HKHollinstone
Roger
SUSANNE
Fisva
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Mishmi Takin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 pm

A baby cheers that's the real solution Very Happy When they will reach adult size, you will send them to us... You don't need to make a mold, only increase takin natality Laughing

Congratulation, it is very nice !
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 am

Kikimalou wrote:
A baby cheers that's the real solution Very Happy When they will reach adult size, you will send them to us... You don't need to make a mold, only increase takin natality Laughing

Congratulation, it is very nice !

Hehe, nice try Kiki Very Happy

Thank you very much for comments guys. I'm happy that you like it cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 am

Lovely baby!

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Alright, here's the thing:
I talked with that guy and he told me about the cheaper silicone, so I'm going to buy it next week and hopefully I will make copies just before Christmas :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 am

Fisva wrote:
Alright, here's the thing:
I talked with that guy and he told me about the cheaper silicone, so I'm going to buy it next week and hopefully I will make copies just before Christmas :)

Great news! Keep us updated! Very Happy bounce

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:23 pm

i love them! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I've tried to make a copy but the silicone leaked from my box Rolling Eyes It was supposed to dry after 5 mins, but it didn't silent I've rescued some of it but I don't think I will be able to use it once again ._. Such a failure for a first time Neutral
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Fisva wrote:
I've tried to make a copy but the silicone leaked from my box Rolling Eyes It was supposed to dry after 5 mins, but it didn't silent I've rescued some of it but I don't think I will be able to use it once again ._. Such a failure for a first time Neutral

In Germany we say " Aller Anfang ist schwer"" that means all beginnings are difficult Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:05 pm

widukind wrote:
Fisva wrote:

In Germany we say " Aller Anfang ist schwer"" that means all beginnings are difficult Very Happy

Yes, I remember our frustrating first trials in 2009, I was so angry - two molds were completely wrong, with curved legs (and some bubbles also) because I sculpted in not hardering material those times. So I lost two prototypes and molds were bad too Evil or Very Mad

Keep trying Agata, I'm sure second trial will be much better!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 pm

I will leave silicone for smaller figures and better molds, with not so many small elements, and I will try again with something else Razz It's very frustrating, but at least I know what NOT to do and I know how to sculpt to make a mold easier to cast. I'm considering making male takin to cast if for you with Kromopan.
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 am

Congrats on making the Takin and baby! They both look beautiful! drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

The baby is soooo cuteeee!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Thank you all for comments cheers It makes me so happy that somebody likes it :)

Anna, could you tell me please if you know if I can use the spoiled silicone again? I mean it did not dry, it is still liquid even if I have mixed all the components together (probably I used not enough of one of them). I consider if it will dry or not? scratch
Back to top Go down
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Great figure!! You did a wonderful job! Sad(o)): Razz

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Fisva wrote:
Thank you all for comments cheers It makes me so happy that somebody likes it :)

Anna, could you tell me please if you know if I can use the spoiled silicone again? I mean it did not dry, it is still liquid even if I have mixed all the components together (probably I used not enough of one of them). I consider if it will dry or not? scratch

Is it still liquid after few days? scratch Then maybe You can do the proof on the small part of it and add more of the hardering stuff and see what happen? scratch But final version of Your silicone "after experiments" may have worse features then it is written in description of the product.
Sometimes silicone do not get harder also if the layer is too thin (for example if it's only 1-2mm it will never get hard). study Most of the time silicone layer must be at least 5-7 milimeters thick and then You can be sure all process will work correctly.

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Some silicone which was left in a bottle (not closed one, I used it to mix everything) is still liquid scratch I will try to add some hardener to it and we will see. I want to make a copy of my jaguarundi. I will try, we will see Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Ok, it is not liquid... I've checked it yesterday and it was ok, I've checked it now and it hardened, not at all but I can't do anything with it silent
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Fisva wrote:
Ok, it is not liquid... I've checked it yesterday and it was ok, I've checked it now and it hardened, not at all but I can't do anything with it silent

Sounds good bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 pm

widukind wrote:
Fisva wrote:

Sounds good bounce bounce
As far as I understood it's not hardering in the mold but in bottle, so it actually is not any promising news about the mold itself scratch

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi Takin   Mishmi Takin - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishmi Takin
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3