Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.

Go down 
+12
Kiryuha
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
GoldEagle
Kikimalou
Roger
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
Saarlooswolfhound
bojan
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. Empty
PostSubject: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 pm

When first I saw the new Schleich peacock, my immediate reaction wasn`t 100 % positive. But now that I have him here, he really, really grows on me  Very Happy

Schelich has tried a new way, and they deserve applause for being so brave  Sad(o)):
I`ll let the pictures speak :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The little, soft feathers-ribs ( I don`t know the right word in English  scratch ) has been printed on. You can see the little dots, just like in old Newspapers ( We call it "raster" in Danish).
You can only see it at very close hand, and the effect is impressive, IMHO  Very Happy

Together with the traditional, older one. Look, how elegant the new guy is  drunken
He would have been even better, if the painting on the tip of the featers had been a bit more carefully made, though. Rolling Eyes

The macaws are just as beautyful as I had hoped  Very Happy

After my sad experience with the broken legs of the Safari macaws I think the legs and the branches are done really beautyfully !

A real improvement, I dare say  cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Wonderful birds! Now I like the peacock too cheers cheers cheers sunny Thank You for sharing Susanne Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:25 pm

I realize what they were trying to do with peacock's feathers but they failed in manufacturing it. I can't stand that bird, but the macaws are very well done, unfortunately the Made in China macaws made of much softer plastic as we're used to in Schleich figurines.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Thankyou, Anna and Andreas Very Happy

Bojan wrote:
...... unfortunately the Made in China macaws made of much softer plastic as we're used to in Schleich figurines.

Hmmmm...Mine are made in China, and they are exactly the material we are used to scratch
If I compare to the good, old bald eagle with wings out, - the material is a bit thicker ( it is a larger model), but it is the same material, as far as I can feel Very Happy

bojan

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Really? The Hyazinth Macaw that Mueller sells here is made in China and the material is soft like the Bullyland birds or maybe even softer.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Bojan wrote:
Really? The Hyazinth Macaw that Mueller sells here is made in China and the material is soft like the Bullyland birds or maybe even softer.

Hey ! you are right ! They Hyazinth is softer than the yellow-blue one !!!!
I only grabbed the largest one to feel Very Happy
But still not nearly as soft as Bullyland...well, hard to say, isn`t it Rolling Eyes

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Such a colorful flock! I will commend Schleich's courage to try a new way of doing the peacock, not sure yet if I like it though. The macaws are beautiful, must haves for me. Although the old macaws have charm, the new ones are a big improvement, but I don't think (for me anyways) any peacock can top the older Schleich one. Congrats on your newbies Susanne. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bojan

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:17 pm

It's very soft if you bend the feathers and tail at the same time like that!

I resized the pic at photobucket and this is what came out!?!

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm

That peacock is amazing sunny sunny bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Bojan wrote:
It's very soft if you bend the feathers and tail at the same time like that!

I resized the pic at photobucket and this is what came out!?!

Also with the wings of the elves and the shire mare legs Wink

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 am

I like the Peacock. I'll be getting it.

Great pictures Susanne! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 am

Thankyou, Scott flower

Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Do you mean the stallion ? Or is your mare also soft? Is she from China ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

Your pictures of peacock are very nice. However I am not impressed with the figure. The old one looks more interesting to me. However, I am curious to see the real effect and of course it is interesting that the brand experienced a different way to make the feathers. Very Happy
I think that there is a chance of gold and blue macaw join my collection, I only have to like it best than Safari and wait to buy everything that is needed in 2013. affraid
There is something strange with their tails and isn't the hyacint macaw the largest macaw of the world? I must say that these new parrots look much better than previous. I never figured what Schleich tried to make, maybe random blue and red parrots like Tim identified on Animobile. Thanks for these nice pictures and congratulations. flower

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Thank you for the pics Susanne, this is very interesting. Very Happy

The macaws seem good enough for me Wink As usual with SCHLEICH I will wait to feel them in real life but I'm very positive !

The peacock is also very interesting, I like very much when a brand is brave enough to make something unusual and I'm very happy SCHLEICH did it. Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm

I told myself I wouldn't collect other types of birds but.... I think I'm going to have to add peacocks and those two macaws to my wish list. After all, I can't have my collecta and kaiyodo peacocks getting lonely. ah, the life of a collector!

Love your old schleich peacock too, I'm going to have to look for him on ebay sometime.
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 pm

They're beautiful :) Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 am

Thank you for detailed pictures, Susanne! All the new birds look very nice, although they are a bit too large (as always with Schleich birds, though).

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 am

Thank you for the post Susanne, it's very interesting. I saw some days ago the peacock in a shop, but I haven't time enough to take a look to it. I'm waiting also for Papo peacock, then I'll take a decision because I have no peacocks on my collection and I will want only the best looking.
For the hyacinth macaw, for the pictures, I prefer the safari one. I have all safari parrots and the only thing that annoys me a little bit is that the golden and blue macaw and the red one have the same mould. Adding the schleich to the collection will be an improve for it. And I also think that the schleich one has better proportions. If you also have the safari macaw will be nice to have a picture of both together :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:42 am

Abu Rai wrote:
I'm waiting also for Papo peacock, then I'll take a decision because I have no peacocks on my collection and I will want only the best looking...
You haven't thought about CollectA?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 am

Abu Rai wrote:
.... If you also have the safari macaw will be nice to have a picture of both together :)

Great idea, Joan  Very Happy
The comparison is really interesting ! For once the Schleich ones are not the ones with huge heads  bounce  cheers  Laughing

We have the most wonderful sunshine here today, and almost no wind ( !!!!), so I tried to take pictures outdoors. But the light is dazzeling, the pictures get confusing  Shocked

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
I'm waiting also for Papo peacock, then I'll take a decision because I have no peacocks on my collection and I will want only the best looking...
You haven't thought about CollectA?

No, you're true, but I like a lot the picture of Papo one, more than collecta. We will see Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
.... If you also have the safari macaw will be nice to have a picture of both together :)

Great idea, Joan Very Happy
The comparison is really interesting ! For once the Schleich ones are not the ones with huge heads bounce cheers Laughing

Thank you very much Susanne!
I really like the Schleich one shape (I'm meaning to the yellow and blue macaw). In case of hyacinth I think the Safari one will stay on my shelves :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

The comparison is really interesting ! For once the Schleich ones are not the ones with huge heads bounce cheers Laughing
We have the most wonderful sunshine here today, and almost no wind ( !!!!), so I tried to take pictures outdoors. But the light is dazzeling, the pictures get confusing Shocked
Beautiful pics, Susanne! And very useful too.
I like the fact Schleich macaws are smaller, but need to wait until I hold them in my hands to evaluate quality.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I never really noticed before, but the feet on the Safari-ones are HUGE affraid Laughing Laughing
Never mind ! I love all four Wink

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Scott flower

Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Do you mean the stallion ? Or is your mare also soft? Is she from China ?

Yes the Made in china one Very Happy

*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.   Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock. Empty

Back to top Go down

Three SCHLEICH great birds in 2013 : The macaws and the peacock.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next