Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Takama wrote:
Basic Facts
Some Sauropod’s are known to poses armor thats usually in the form of flatted plates,  but Augustinia's armor makes it one of the most bizarre dinosaurs to be found so far, as it has large spikes and plates that armored its body like a stegosaur. The only thing is, Scientists are not quite sure how the armor appears on its back, (these figures are just a sculptors assumption).

UPDATE January/3 /2014
Recent study's of the fragmentary material have shown that the supposed Spikes on the dinosaurs back, were actually just rib and hip bones.  This would make these models from CollectA Outdated

Standard

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deluxe

Updated the Aqustinia entry with new information.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:52 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 am

I went through the Thread giving some models some new pictures, and I noticed something.

I cant find the Achelosaurus.  Either I did not look good enough, or I did not do it.  If the latters the case, then here we go

Achelosaurus
Achelosaurus was a Ceratopsian dinosaur with some boney bosses over its eyes and above its nose. it was related to Pachyrhinosaurus, and was at one time thought to be a transitional form to that dinosaur. It got its name from a Greek river deity named Achelous, who had his horn torn off in a battle with the legendary Hercules, and The bosses on this dinosaur give the appearance that there were horns there, and they were torn off.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 am

Also very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Very nice outward horned guy! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:10 am

Hi everybody

First off, I updated the Deinocheirus entry with some important information

Takama wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! What a lot of TRs  Shocked

Poor Dino-man, he really should learn that these critters are not pets  Suspect
I hope he survived  Wink

Unfourtanatly, he did not survive, Thats why hes cloned

Deinocheirus Basic Facts
What can be told from just a pair of arms? Well in Deinocheirus case, it could be a lot, or nothing. Its arms (and some other bones) are all that was found of this creature, and they appear to be those from an Ostrich like Ornithomime. However, the arms are incredibly huge! Arguably the largest arms of any dinosaur that’s been found. If this dinosaur was indeed an Ornithomime (as most scientists believe) then it would be the largest of them all.

(Update. 5-1-2014) As of November 2013, Deninocheirus identity has been revealed, and it was indeed a Huge Ornithomime, but it had something that put a twist to the whole group. On Deinocheirus back was a tall sail similar to that on Concavenator. After decades of speculation, one of the mystery's of the Mesozoic has been solved!

Some of you used to know me for posting here in My CollectA Reference. But I have suddenly stopped. This is mainly due to the fact that I did have any new products. Until Now

new for 2014

Ichthyovenator

Ichthyovenator was a Spinosaur from the country of Laos, and like other Spinosaurs, it had a long crocodile like mouth with a tooth notch, It also had a sail like Spinosaurus, However, what sets it apart from that Dinosaur is that it had another one as well. Yes  Ichthyovenator had two sails on its back, which is a first for Spinosaurs. Like Its Cousins, I likely had a diet of fish(as seen on this figure)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:55 am

It is such a great model  cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:28 am

Beautieful newcomer cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:24 pm

widukind wrote:

Agree! cheers Is that a fish in the mouth? scratch Laughing 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySat May 03, 2014 3:26 am

Wonderful! Congrats Takama!

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:02 am

jonesee wrote:
widukind wrote:

Agree! cheers Is that a fish in the mouth? scratch Laughing 

It is
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:35 am

Well Long time no post. Heres this years Pterosaur to fix that

Quetzalcoatlus

Quetzalcoatlus is often regarded as the largest creature to ever took to the skys. Indeed seeing it in the air would be like seeing an airplane. Originally, it was thought that it was a Ocean Glider, but more recent studies show that Quetzalcoatlus (and its kin) were Terrestrial hunters, feeding on Creatures small enough to eat (such as a Baby Alamosaurus, shown on this figure).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Is it an allosaurus? scratch These figures don't have my preference but have always my admiration. I find them very interesting, educative and dramatic. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 pm

This guy is very tempting Takama cyclops Thank you for sharing cheers

By the way, it seems you can update your deinocheirus post again Wink
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 am

Roger wrote:
Is it an allosaurus? scratch These figures don't have my preference but have always my admiration. I find them very interesting, educative and dramatic. Very Happy

No its Alamosaurus, a Large Sauropod Dinosaur that lived at the same time as this Pterosaur.

BTW the Little baby is based on the Standard Sized figure that CollectA has made
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:13 am

Takama wrote:
Roger wrote:

No its Alamosaurus, a Large Sauropod Dinosaur that lived at the same time as this Pterosaur.

BTW the Little baby is based on the Standard Sized figure that CollectA has made

Man, I've read allosaurus, just started cleaning my glasses, lcd, etc. ... that's why I was surprised. geek Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:19 am

A beautieful model!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17