Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014

Go down 
+11
A.R.Garcia
Chris Sweetman
75senta75
HKHollinstone
Mastiffcat
Kikimalou
widukind
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Ana
Roger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 00:06

I've found some monochromatic little figures from a Portuguese brand called Dinamização.
They belong to a Zoo series of 17 figures and I hope to complete the set. Very Happy:bounce:
They are marked MOD DEP76, maybe they are from 1976? Sculptings are very nice and figures are somewhat in relative scale like it happens with modern brands. Though, much smaller. Shocked
The material feels like Marx figures but the finishing is not very good, there are little plastic "scales" in all figures.
Some comparison pictures below. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Whole group with elephant, hippo, okapi, oryx, lioness and lion lying
Papo and Dinamização Okapis

Britains and Dinamização Hippopotami

Britains Sable antelope and Dinamização Oryx

Last edited by Roger on Wed 02 Jul 2014, 20:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 08:33

Wow, You discover new old brand Croc!!! Congratulations! These animals have lovely shapes, especially oryx Very Happy What a find, wow Shocked Shocked You have really something rare I think Cool
Thank You for sharing, it's great to learn about new brand again! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 08:37

Okapi and Oryx look very nice, congrats cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 08:56

NEW, OLD BRAND bounce cheers

They are ever so charming, I LOVE them cheers
The lions are also very fine ! sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 14:06

Thanks Ana, Robert and Susanne! flower cheers
I am glad you've found it interesting! Very Happy Figures are really nice and it is an unknown brand, even in Portugal. They made a lot of plastic toys and among them this set of animals. So, it is surely rare as long as I can't find them among the most gigantic collections of some of our friends. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 16:47

Woooooowwwwwwww!! Thank you Roger, a very very interesting information sunny sunny sunny sunny

The oryx looks very good, you know the species of the other 15 animals?????? sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 17:28

Thank you and congratulation Rogério, it is a great find and I'm very happy you have absolutely unknown animals and brand  Applause 

I hope you will learn and tell us more  bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 00:18

widukind wrote:
Woooooowwwwwwww!! Thank you Roger, a very very interesting information sunny sunny sunny sunny

The oryx looks very good, you know the species of the other 15 animals?????? sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you and congratulation Rogério, it is a great find and I'm very happy you have absolutely unknown animals and brand Sad(o)):

I hope you will learn and tell us more bounce

Thanks Andreas and Christophe! I have found this picture on an great blog called Show Toys So you can see all complete set and all species. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 05:29

Thank you Roger Very Happy

Some remind me British vintage brands, something of a mix between TIMPO, T&B, BRITAINS Suspect

The zebra, oryx and tapir seem very interesting models.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 08:54

Yes, I also think zebra, oryx and tapir looks lovely. And I like very much pelican and tortoise very much too bounce Thank You for sharing Roger, that's very very interesting Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 16:37

Thank you again Roger sunny sunny sunny sunny What a very nice tapir cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013, 20:22

Congratulations on finding these wonderful interesting and rare figures! I especially love the Oryx. The Zebra and Giraffe look nice too. I like the Zebra's pose.it's amazing how many different companies made animals- i'm learning all the time of companies i never heard of before. Thank you for sharing. I hope you find the rest of the series for your collection.

If they made a "Zoo", i wonder if they made a "Farm", with sheep? What a Face

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013, 20:59

Mastiffcat wrote:
Congratulations on finding these wonderful interesting and rare figures! I especially love the Oryx. The Zebra and Giraffe look nice too. I like the Zebra's pose.it's amazing how many different companies made animals- i'm learning all the time of companies i never heard of before. Thank you for sharing. I hope you find the rest of the series for your collection.

If they made a "Zoo", i wonder if they made a "Farm", with sheep? What a Face

Laughing Of course I asked it to the seller. He didn't know it. Also, I am checking on Portuguese online auctions and searching on Portuguese toys blogs but the only animals I've found from this brand belong to this Zoo set. As always I search anything for my collection, I always remember that there is someone very special, from California, that don't know how many sheep have because fall asleep some minutes after starting to count them. Laughing cheers flower

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 05:45

Congratulations Roger, great finds! cheers they're interesting models.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptySat 31 May 2014, 00:14

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Roger, great finds!   cheers  they're interesting models.

Thanks Harriet! flower Sleep

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptySat 31 May 2014, 00:15

Six more Dinamização joined my collection! Very Happy
Here comparison pictures with best known Britains and some comments. Very Happy

This is the only gorilla I know in that pose and I find it a very inspired one. monkey Wonderful isn't it? :)
Gorillas, Britains left Dinamização right

Here we see that Dinamização uses the same logic as modern brands regarding scale but not in an average 1:18 but in 1:32 average instead. It explains why large animals as giraffes and elephants are so small in that brand.
It is a very delicate sculpt of a male giraffe, unfortunately picture doesn't give it justice. Very Happy
Giraffes, Dinamização left, Britains right

Again, we can see the unique design of these Portuguese figures, Dina' tapir has a conformation completely different from all other tapir figures we know. Although tall, it is a very decent sculpt, even number of toes is correct. Very Happy

Tapirs, Dinamização left, Britains right

With your help, it was possible to confirm that this is a giant panda. It shows how ambitious and talented was Dina' sculptor once it is not easy to make a monochromatic standing panda look like a panda and not like any other bear. cheers
Giant pandas, Dinamização left, Britains right

Again a very identifiable bear, color also helps, although we can see easily what it is, it is the less interesting figure in my point of view. albino
Polar bears, Britains left, Dinamização right

Here it looks clear to me that Dina sea lion is a more detailed and interesting figure than the respectable and reputated Britains. Very Happy
Sea lions, Dinamização left, Britains right

I am really happy my Portuguese Dinamização collection is growing and it is a honour to share with you these wonderful figures from Portuguese toy industry! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptySat 31 May 2014, 10:34

Wonderful figurines again  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 21:29

widukind wrote:
Wonderful figurines again  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Thank you, Andreas! :)

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 06:18

Great figurines and very good photos!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyWed 04 Jun 2014, 23:25

75senta75 wrote:
Great figurines and very good photos!

Thanks Yvette! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 06:35

Great comparisons ! You also have an impressive Britains-collection  cheers 
Strange, that Dinamização is not more well known  scratch 

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2014, 22:35

Roger, thank you for bringing your Dinamização collection to STS. A company I have never heard of before and they made interesting animal figures. Also thanks for comparing with Britains animals as this provides a neat way to illustrate scale.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2014, 23:32

Many thanks Susanne and Chris, I am glad it is useful! Very Happy
Susanne, Dinamização was only sold in Portugal and they had a lot of games and toys sold in boxes. Also these animals were all in a single box and they were the only animals of the brand as far as I know. Dinamização is not a very well known brand even in Portugal but I agree, figures are nice, actually more accurate than some known vintage figures. Of course I am not refering to Britains once they have my favorite sculpts of all plastic vintage figures I know! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014, 16:49

Have a gazelle and a small seal too? Today they arrived me (pics later after my zoo news), can you share please a pic how they are marked?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014, 17:11

Andreas, i won't be at home next days. But if i'm not wrong they are marked DEP... 76. As far as i know there aren't gazelle or seal, though, orix and sea lion are sold like that. What is marked om yours?

PostSubject: Re: Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014   Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinamização, collection "almost" completed!!! and comparison pictures with Britains - updated 18th June 2014
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next