Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 10:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

and look, my last newcomer could be the shark from the firsdt pic (but i dont think so :)   )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing I've seen that news at CNN and the first thing I thought was - if it exists, surely Andreas found it first. Laughing
These sharks have very similar patterns and they change with age and it is not easy to identify at all. Obviously yours was not based on these ones but you can use it for any of these species. It just have to match the colours once the mould is the same and doesn't reflect any morphological differences.

And it is too sad that you can not find all informations for a good identify.

I am sure these K&M bamboo sharks are painted according with exact species and their identification should be based on species more popular in aquaria or pet trade. They are also 1993 released figures so, many recently discovered species are out of the battle.
For bamboo sharks, most common are the brown-banded, epaulette's and white-spotted that is an acceptable candidat for your newer acquisition, I guess. As I told, the mould mixes features that don't match an exact species not even an exact genus, we can find features of several carpet sharks mixed. They are marked bamboo shark, aren't they?
Sad is that Safari Ltd, always very precise identifying their figures, also released a bamboo shark without specifying it.

I think you are right, Roger.  The K&M Bamboo Sharks look like a juvenile brown-banded, and possibly the solid brown figure is either an Arabian Carpetshark or an adult Brown-banded Bamboo Shark; and I agree with your assessment that the pale figure very likely could be a White-spotted Bamboo Shark, as they can be pretty pale in color.  The Safari figure definitely represents a juvenile Brown-banded Bamboo Shark.  I would actually like to see them re-release the same sculpt with different paint jobs representing adults and other species.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 pm

I think you are right, Roger.  The K&M Bamboo Sharks look like a juvenile brown-banded, and possibly the solid brown figure is either an Arabian Carpetshark or an adult Brown-banded Bamboo Shark; and I agree with your assessment that the pale figure very likely could be a White-spotted Bamboo Shark, as they can be pretty pale in color.  The Safari figure definitely represents a juvenile Brown-banded Bamboo Shark.  I would actually like to see them re-release the same sculpt with different paint jobs representing adults and other species.

Thanks for confirming! Very Happy You are the expert in this regard and it is good to have your imput. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 9:58 am

Thanks

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

Today i got any rubber fishes by K&M by a trade. Now i have 3 different colour variations by lionsfishes, bamboo sbarks, angelfishes and anemone fishes. But only one color of a (sting) ray and a parrotfish. So i am relly sure that there 2 more colour variations of each. And i am sure it is a water serie of these rubber figures.

Last edited by widukind on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:57 pm

Today i got any rubber fishes by K&M by a trade. Now i have 3 different colour variations by lionsfishes, bamboo sbarks, angelfishes and anemone fishes. But only one colojr of a (sting) ray and a parrotfish. So i am relly sure that there 2 2 more colour variations of each. And i am sure it is a water serie of these rubber figures.

It is for sure! :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: K&M - Wild Republic-
Jump to: