Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?

Go down 
+24
bmathison1972
Bowhead Whale
GudrunOrca
Komodo Dragon
costicuba
SUSANNE
sbell
Roger
widukind
Tarunyada
Ana
jesman00
SommoDracorex
phrog
Kikimalou
somethin
QuollMate
Duck-Anch-Amun
Mastiffcat
weaselfan93
Froggie
cattlecollector
Sapphire
PeGe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020, 22:08

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

and look, my last newcomer could be the shark from the firsdt pic (but i dont think so :)   )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing I've seen that news at CNN and the first thing I thought was - if it exists, surely Andreas found it first. Laughing
These sharks have very similar patterns and they change with age and it is not easy to identify at all. Obviously yours was not based on these ones but you can use it for any of these species. It just have to match the colours once the mould is the same and doesn't reflect any morphological differences.

And it is too sad that you can not find all informations for a good identify.

I am sure these K&M bamboo sharks are painted according with exact species and their identification should be based on species more popular in aquaria or pet trade. They are also 1993 released figures so, many recently discovered species are out of the battle.
For bamboo sharks, most common are the brown-banded, epaulette's and white-spotted that is an acceptable candidat for your newer acquisition, I guess. As I told, the mould mixes features that don't match an exact species not even an exact genus, we can find features of several carpet sharks mixed. They are marked bamboo shark, aren't they?
Sad is that Safari Ltd, always very precise identifying their figures, also released a bamboo shark without specifying it.

I think you are right, Roger.  The K&M Bamboo Sharks look like a juvenile brown-banded, and possibly the solid brown figure is either an Arabian Carpetshark or an adult Brown-banded Bamboo Shark; and I agree with your assessment that the pale figure very likely could be a White-spotted Bamboo Shark, as they can be pretty pale in color.  The Safari figure definitely represents a juvenile Brown-banded Bamboo Shark.  I would actually like to see them re-release the same sculpt with different paint jobs representing adults and other species.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySat 22 Aug 2020, 22:28

sphyrna18 wrote:

I think you are right, Roger.  The K&M Bamboo Sharks look like a juvenile brown-banded, and possibly the solid brown figure is either an Arabian Carpetshark or an adult Brown-banded Bamboo Shark; and I agree with your assessment that the pale figure very likely could be a White-spotted Bamboo Shark, as they can be pretty pale in color.  The Safari figure definitely represents a juvenile Brown-banded Bamboo Shark.  I would actually like to see them re-release the same sculpt with different paint jobs representing adults and other species.

Thanks for confirming! Very Happy You are the expert in this regard and it is good to have your imput. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020, 09:58

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020, 07:47

Today i got any rubber fishes by K&M by a trade. Now i have 3 different colour variations by lionsfishes, bamboo sbarks, angelfishes and anemone fishes. But only one color of a (sting) ray and a parrotfish. So i am relly sure that there 2 more colour variations of each. And i am sure it is a water serie of these rubber figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 07:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020, 22:57

widukind wrote:
Today i got any rubber fishes by K&M by a trade. Now i have 3 different colour variations by lionsfishes, bamboo sbarks, angelfishes and anemone fishes. But only one colojr of a (sting) ray and a parrotfish. So i am relly sure that there 2 2 more colour variations of each. And i am sure it is a water serie of these rubber figures.

It is for sure! :)

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: K&M Tubes Info   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 02 Jan 2022, 00:13

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, I thought I'd help you all out and give you a list of tubes by K&M which I have no numbers for, but which do exist.  I've seen a mermaids polybag by K&M, and I've purchased this one at my local JoAnnes.  They sell Wild Republic tubes there too, so hopefully I can get some more when I go this week.  Anyway, here is the list of tubes:

Fairies, Mermaids, Wild West, Egypt, Aquatic Family, Dragons, Ocean Babies, Dinosaur Family, I think, Unicorns, Pirates, and Space.

There could be more, I just haven't found out more information right now.  I'm hoping to call wild republic, and get more information for you all soon. Hope this helps.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 02 Jan 2022, 00:18

Very interesting information. study study

I like the Egypt tube and Aquatic family.

aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Tai is a great resource for me!   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 02 Jan 2022, 17:18

Dear Roger and others:

Hey, I just wanted to write you all and say thank you SO MUCH for creating and working on TAI. I've been able to use that database quite easily on my device, and it's helped me a lot, especially when looking up figures for my collectors reference guide and searchlist. Also, I believe K&M made an african family nature tube too. Oops! I guess I forgot to mention that one the other day. Oh well, hopefully someone who reads this post will be glad that TAI is being used. And I guess, as far as nature tubes go, that's all the information I can provide. Oh wait, there is one more thing: Wild republic does indeed have an 800 number, for those of us U.S. collectors interested in their products. The Number is: 800-800-9678. Just thought I'd let you all know about that. And that's the end of my K&M news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 02 Jan 2022, 20:02

Really Anna, I think we missed this tube of African animal families
Giraffes, African elephants, Lions and leopards
(male, female and baby)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wild Republic 21668 Nature Tube African Animal Family

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2022, 19:19

Hello :)

I was searching for the Colorate Penguin box, as I wanted to update my existing penguin collection and add new species. I have only the Safari tube figures and especially for the "stripped" penguins, Colorata looks much better.
However, the box become very expensive and with further searching, I found this Wild Republic tube.

Is it just me or is it new? Ok, the species that I wanted to update look like the same "quality level" as the Safari penguins...so rather nothing for me. However, we get 3 species that are not so common: Yellow-eyed, Erect-crested, Macaroni.

Wild Republic Penguin Tube
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2022, 20:28

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

I was searching for the Colorate Penguin box, as I wanted to update my existing penguin collection and add new species. I have only the Safari tube figures and especially for the "stripped" penguins, Colorata looks much better.
However, the box become very expensive and with further searching, I found this Wild Republic tube.

Is it just me or is it new? Ok, the species that I wanted to update look like the same "quality level" as the Safari penguins...so rather nothing for me. However, we get 3 species that are not so common: Yellow-eyed, Erect-crested, Macaroni.

Yes, it is relatively new. It was not even listed on TAW. I added it although pictures are missing.
It also lists 11 species but I can see only 10 figures. Maybe the little penguin does not belong to it.
We're not updating this topic anymore, we update directly on TAW because it is a hard work to update everywhere.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2022, 14:21

Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

Yes, it is relatively new. It was not even listed on TAW. I added it although pictures are missing.
It also lists 11 species but I can see only 10 figures. Maybe the little penguin does not belong to it.
We're not updating this topic anymore, we update directly on TAW because it is a hard work to update everywhere.

Thank you very much Roger. I was already wondering if I´ve missed something. Yes, updating directly on TAW is better, however I didn´t know if I should open a new topic or use an existing one to ask about this tube :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2022, 16:22

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

Thank you very much Roger. I was already wondering if I´ve missed something. Yes, updating directly on TAW is better, however I didn´t know if I should open a new topic or use an existing one to ask about this tube :)

That's a good place to ask but please open a new topic in case you get the tube. Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Mar 2023, 15:34

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Andreas, unfortunately I never have anything from you wish list. Stephen's banded snake and freshwater croc could interest me if these are the represented species. scratch
For TAI reference could you please tell me what is marked on figures, the tube number and date?

Sorry sorry sorry for the very very very late reply. Item is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Croc Adventure Nature tube, marked with 2006. Each croc is only marked as crocodile and the Stephens banded snake only as snake. Steve is not marked, Boat marked as Boat, cage as crocodile cage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8