Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colt and a border collie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Colt and a border collie Empty
PostSubject: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 am

Paige, these are your works? affraid They are beautiful! flower Shocked
Will you make wild life? bounce bounce I want an impala, a water buffalo, an irax, a lemur, a Nubian ibex, a gueresa monkey, a caracal, a petrel, a hornbill, a colugo, a Patagonian hare, a bell bird, a moon bear, that's all for now. Laughing Very Happy flower

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:18 am

PFFFT!!! Laughing  These are just repaints, that's all. If I ever find some figures that fit those species I can try to repaint them for you. Although I already have a load of "bodies" needing to be repainted. If I ever get the hang of sculpting I would love to make rare species like that. drunken All I can do now though is minor modifications like my mustang in the other topic. Maybe someday I can be as great a sculptor as some of the fantastic artists on this forum.
Thanks.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 am

Nice repaints

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:15 am

Laughing It shows how much I believe in your talent! Very Happy
You are still 16 years old and you have already a huge love for animal figures  and a  visible talent. :)hopefully you'll turn in a great sculptress. bouncebounce
Although those are only repaints, they are very nice works and I would feel very glad having a repaint from you! flower
I'll think in some projects and I'll tell you if I find a good idea! IdeaVery Happy

Last edited by Roger on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

They are lovely, Paige cheers

I love that border collie, - it is like a whole new model Shocked

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you everyone. Red border collies are my favorite color for the breed, and I have been hoping (so far in vain) for some more diversity in dog colors. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone. Red border collies are my favorite color for the breed, and I have been hoping (so far in vain) for some more diversity in dog colors. Very Happy
Papo made an alright start of it with the wheaten Scottish terrier, no? (And a bit with that non-clipped Poodle..) Let's hope they continue down that path - maybe even venturing into non-kennel-club-endorsed, working style conformational types.. (Is it too distant a hope? First a revolution on wee rubber dogs, then *gasp* the real ones..? If only. People seem to treat them alike, though.)

Nice models, by the way! :) I like that colt especially - and Susanne's right, the Border Collie looks like a whole different model now.
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Thank you. Yes, Papo has started down that path with the white Scottie, and the poodles. I guess kennel club standards is desirable for some people, but I prefer more diversity in dog breeds. I am glad that the poodles weren't cut like the standard, I find that particular cut a little silly myself, but like I said, I do understand that the Kennel club standards probably sell better and make the dog "more recognizable".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colt and a border collie   Colt and a border collie Empty

Back to top Go down

Colt and a border collie
Page 1 of 1