Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack

Go down 
+16
Tupolew Tu-154
beaglegirl
Elros Alvar
LittleLady
ReinbowSchleich
dutchschleich14
orcagirl26
Roger
arafan
SUSANNE
widukind
Carola
Saarlooswolfhound
animalluvr6
katewbennett
LeeAnn
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack Empty
PostSubject: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:15 am

When I saw the Shetland scenery pack Carola posted ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), I had to see if Toys R' Us would have it too. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Shetland family, but they had a new Icey family I hadn't seen before!

Here's what the package looked like
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the family free!

As you can see, the foal is the same paint, but the mare and stallion are different paint, by far. cheers

The mare is a sort of dark black/brown color. It's more dark, but with a brown undercoat. You can see this in the photos

(This one shows the true color better - it's pretty dark)

And the beautiful white stallion! cheers
Strangely, he was the only one in the pack of the new, rubbery-type material. The mare and foal are the regular material, fortunately. But I think he looks great in this new color. Very Happy

His pretty face sunny

And his not Schleich-like swishing tail I love you 

We all know what the foal looks like, but I'll post his pictures here anyway

IMHO, the two special paint iceys look so much better in these colors. Cool

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:41 am

WOW Shocked Congrats on that find! I'm currently trying to get the exclusive Shetlands and now you've added two more to my list! That stallion is gorgeous, even if he is that rubber material Smile
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:49 am

Thank you, katewbennet. sunny Yes, they are beautiful! cheers

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:52 am

Congrats! They're beautiful! I love that stallion! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks Kelsey! Yes, he's great!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 am

I agree I like the stallion. I may have to go get this pack, which is a big deal for me actually, since I don't normally buy into the "exclusive idea" but that mare and stallion are tempting me. The foal I would probably just custom anyways. Thanks for posting!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 6:24 am

Oh affraid Nice, great find! cheers What a change to the characters, with very different paint! The stallion looks particularly good! I never really liked the original, but the all white seems to suit him very well :) Interesting with the material. He may then be the second horse along with Shire Stallion '13 to be made of that.

Thanks for great detailed photos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:15 am

Congrats!!cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 am

OHHHH!!!! I totally agree with Carola, that the white colour suits the stallion well, - the mare is also much nicer cheers 

They are wonderful !!! Please tell me if you get tired of them Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing 

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you for the nice pictures! cheers 
Congratulations Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks everyone! I agree, Carola - I don't really care for the regular paint of the stallion, but when I saw the white, I noticed how well that fit him. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
I agree, Carola - I don't really care for the regular paint of the stallion, but when I saw the white, I noticed how well that fit him. Very Happy
cheers 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 pm

That is really interesting! The stallion is the same gawky boy of ever but it doesn't matter, when a horse is white, it looks always fine, unless girls love them like that. Very Happy
I also agree that the stallion with the original coloring is ugly, even I think a animal toy is never ugly. Though, it is much more atractive in that color. But, you can think in any horse and it will always look nice in white, even Friesians. Laughing Have you ever tried to think how would look the Shire stallion in white/grey coloring?
The mare is nice too and thanks for sharing an interesting set with us. :flower:Congratulations! cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you Roger! Hmm, I think maybe the shire stallion would look nice in white/grey color. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

In Carola's post about the exclusive Shetland pony scenery pack, I did mention that the Toys R Us here in the states did have an exclusive Iceland pony scenery pack Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I did make that statement, but for some reason Toys R Us didn't have the correct picture on their website.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Roger wrote:
Have you ever tried to think how would look the Shire stallion in white/grey ?
That would be flashy! Indeed the Shire Stallion could become a much more attractive character if given another paintjob. Personally I find his coat very unappealing, but given a white, maybe light dapplegrey coat could do wonders, despite sculpting flaws.

Whatever preferences people have, there may be common feelings about certain things, such as colour - and 'white, wedding, purity', I guess is how we can relate, and therefore be attracted to a white horse. - and many other reasons probably :)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
In Carola's post about the exclusive Shetland pony scenery pack, I did mention that the Toys R Us here in the states did have an exclusive Iceland pony scenery pack Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I did make that statement, but for some reason Toys R Us didn't have the correct picture on their website.
Ohh, so that was why, I have not been able to find them on any ToysRus' sites. They probably only sell them from the shops Sad Sad 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:21 am

I looked on the Toys R Us website and there was a icey pony pack but not the one you have. Is that what you mean when they had the wrong pic? I really want those horses now... drunken 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
dutchschleich14

dutchschleich14

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:50 am

Niiiiiice!

https://www.youtube.com/daphnedraaftdoor
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:29 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I looked on the Toys R Us website and there was a icey pony pack but not the one you have. Is that what you mean when they had the wrong pic? I really want those horses now... drunken 
This two sets have the same number. scratch

Last edited by arafan on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Seems TRU are lazy with their photos, and they just portray the originals, but they are actually new paints.

orcagirl26 wrote:
I haven't seen any exclusive horse sets at Toys R Us when I was there recently, but I did see the lion family and the scenery pack with the hippo and crocodile sets. The Toys R Us website (at least here in the states) has the Island pony set, but the figures don't look any different than if they were sold individually:

Lazy lazy TRU!

I suppose Orcagirl found them HERE :)

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Yes, that's what I meant.

Carola wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Seems TRU are lazy with their photos, and they just portray the originals, but they are actually new paints.

orcagirl26 wrote:
I haven't seen any exclusive horse sets at Toys R Us when I was there recently, but I did see the lion family and the scenery pack with the hippo and crocodile sets. The Toys R Us website (at least here in the states) has the Island pony set, but the figures don't look any different than if they were sold individually:

Lazy lazy TRU!

I suppose Orcagirl found them HERE :)

Yes, that's where I found the picture. Not only is Toys R Us lazy, but their "product locator" seems to be off as well. They say certain stores have certain figures but when you go they don't have them or they say they are out of stock but they're really on the shelves in stores.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:44 am

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:
Have you ever tried to think how would look the Shire stallion in white/grey ?
That would be flashy! Indeed the Shire Stallion could become a much more attractive character if given another paintjob. Personally I find his coat very unappealing, but given a white, maybe light dapplegrey coat could do wonders, despite sculpting flaws.

Whatever preferences people have, there may be common feelings about certain things, such as colour - and 'white, wedding, purity', I guess is how we can relate, and therefore be attracted to a white horse. - and many other reasons probably :)
Surely, I have myself also very common feelings. I enjoy particularly black horses what is a common thing. I also love golden palominos. Maybe you're right about the Shire stallion, it was a random example even I continue thinking that all horses look appealing in white. It extends to other animals and Schleich is agreeing as long as they made a common seal pup in white color, an elephant and a Princess. Laughing

Carola

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 am

Roger wrote:

Surely, I have myself also very common feelings. I enjoy particularly black horses what is a common thing. I also love golden palominos. Maybe you're right about the Shire stallion, it was a random example even I continue thinking that all horses look appealing in white. It extends to other animals and Schleich is agreeing as long as they made a common seal pup in white color, an elephant and a Princess. Laughing
Soon all new Schleich releases will be white: white lion, white rino, white dolphin, snow leopard, albino wolf, white doves etc. albino Well no, but it sure is a coat that catches the eye, and that which is 'all-white' really seem to do. Several of Schleich white models have sort of grey/black shades(in horse therms that'll be like the new Camargues, Andalusian mare, the Lipizzan). The only ones i can recall not having that is the Special White Friesian and Princess(and maybe Fell stallion? I don't have him).

And all-black naturally, that mystery colour also has a very luring effect indeed Very Happy

ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:11 pm

I just ordered mine. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack   New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack Empty

Back to top Go down

New Exclusive Special Paint Icey Family Scenery Pack
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: