Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World

Go down 
+10
LeeAnn
landrover
Duck-Anch-Amun
Roger
bojan
NightLioness
Juan Andrés
donny ong
arafan
weaselfan93
14 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  Empty
PostSubject: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Along with the masterpiece Anhinga came another 2014 Safari bird to my home, the raven. now ravens were produced by both Schleich and Bullyland and both are now super-rare. I was lucky to win the Bullyland raven on ebay over the summer, and now he has a mate. the safari raven is better than its catalog photo because it is actually black in actuality instead of the strange dark purple in the safari collectors guide and website. while not quite as incredible as the anhinga, it is still a very good raven and perhaps the best so far. here is the common raven!  cheers Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Thank you again for this pics also of a wonderful figurine  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Thank you also for this pictures of this wonderful figure! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 pm

One more great model from Safari  cheers 

We have some ravens here. They nest not far from me, and a couple of times I have seen the young ones play with each other in the horse's field. They are hilarious ! Very clever, they say  Very Happy 

They are protected in Denmark, but the farmers shoot them  Suspect 
But in this area they are safe Wink

I am sorry that the model does not have a purple sheen. I do not know about the American ravens, but the European ones DO have a purple sheen  Rolling Eyes 

Never mind...it is a gorgeous model !!!!!!
Thankyou for sharing with us !!!!

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:20 am

Congrats Lance. It's better than the in real than in the catalogue. Thanks for the pics.

Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 am

Congratulations for the model.Are you planning on doing a walkaround of the Suchomimus also?  Very Happy  Wink
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:53 am

Very beautiful bird, thanks for the walkaround  cheers cheers 

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I am sorry that the model does not have a purple sheen. I do not know about the American ravens, but the European ones DO have a purple sheen  Rolling Eyes 

So true! Anyway I like it very much! Congrats and thank you for showing it! Maybe someday one company will made a Magpie!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Congrats! cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Actually it is strange for me that Safari decided to release a common raven instead of an American crow. I know both can be found in America but Safari always love animals with American in their names. Very Happy
I find it interesting, not a priority for me but probably I'll get it. Thanks! Very Happy

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Can you maybe make a comparison photo? :) I would know the size of this figure :) Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Raven safari 2014   Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:48 pm

This black figure is very difficult to photograph  Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Congrats!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 pm

I like it! cheers
Congratulations Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Wonderful bird Fernando!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:54 pm

It is such a wonderful bird, - beautyfully sculptured cheers
The paintwork could be better, but your si not quite as sloppy as mine, - CONGRATULATIONS Very Happy

You did a great job with the photos, as you say, black models are difficult to "shoot" Wink

shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

I wish they had painted the eyes so the paintjob looks less dull but the sculpting of the figure itself is great! For some animals Safari is not the best but for some they are some of the best out there. I really love the Barn owl they made, it has a sweet looking face.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World    Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World  Empty

Back to top Go down

Common Raven 2014 Safari Ltd Wings of the World
Page 1 of 1