Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe

Go down 
+12
cattlecollector
orcagirl26
skysthelimit
Fisva
arafan
Florian
Duck-Anch-Amun
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
Ana
MartinH
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

arafan wrote:

ALL in the TV is fake? Sure?
We are talking about the documentaries. Look here they dissect a shark, "Autopsie XXL" is the name in German, I don't know the English name. The animal wasn't killed from the people but we talk now about the dissect of the animal in front of the people. No I'm nobody to young, to talk about this but not all think how you. If a creature live only one time I don't know, to be true NOBODY know it.
But if you prefer that inbreed animals make child with others, I don't know what is better to let him alive or kill him.
If you tell childrens that kill is bad then you also don't can eat anymore meat. I think it is very important to raise awareness among children that death as part of life as birth. But that is something other

Lets be clear: watching a documentary in which people dissect an animal which died in a natural way is completely different from watching a dissection of an animal which has been killed because it was expendable. Killing an animal for food is also a completely different matter than killing an animal which is a wild one and should actually live in Africa.
I don't want to argue anymore, but please Bryan, think about it.

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 pm

I can understand your opinion Susanne and I only wanted to show that there were other possibilities to savethe giraffe. As MartinH said, the macaber thing is that they knew that this gonna be happen and that is not the way a zoo should work! To profit and then, when you needn´t it anymore you can throw it away....
I can understand that you compare the whole thing with the kill of cows, pigs or chicken. But this is another situation. This animals are only alive to die. Yeah I know this sounds scary and macabre, too. But it is the reality that those farm animals are only breeding that we humans have something to eat. So most of them are "only" farm animals. Often they even have no name and there isn´t such a strong relation between the human/farmer/...and the animal.
But here we have a wild animal and I´m sure or I hope at last, the goal of breeding the giraffe wasn´t to kill it later to have food for carnivores. It isn´t just cause it´s a giraffe, no I would also be shocked when the animal would be a zebra or an antelope.

The thing is, this zoo damaged the name of other zoos. When kids really need education and have to know how a giraffe is looking when the cadavre is fragmented, then the parents with those children should have gone to a slaughterhouse or in a museum or read a book about anatomy. But not in a zoo who has the goal to protect wildlife!

And I´m a bit sad about your argumentation Arafan :(But I think this has something to do with your age...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 12:16 am

Now, lets not personally attack anyone here. Everyone is free to express his/her opinion, and just because you disagree does not mean you can/should take matters into your own hands. Let's keep this peaceful guys. Smile 

All I have to say about the giraffe is that there were (and this is coming purely from what I have seen/read in the news) better choices than killing Marius (the giraffe) and I'm disappointed that the Copenhagen zoo seemingly disregarded and/or overlooked other offers. I'm not saying that animal abuse doesn't happen everyday (because it most certainly does and I have actually witnessed it) to chickens, cows, other livestock, dogs, cats, and other pets, all I'm saying is that in this instance there was another logical option for Marius. No one knows if they purposefully allowed Marius to be because of monetary gain, that's just a rumor, even if it may have some indications of it. Lets just learn from this event and try to prevent it altogether in the future.

As far as threatening the families of the zookeepers that is taking things too far for me, all that shows is the same desire for a bad decision in humans and I don't think we need to add threats to the giraffe tragedy. As far as dissections, I am ok with them when the animal died of natural causes and is used for scientific purposes.

This is all I will say about the subject, and lastly, I just wish they (the Copenhagen zoo) had handled it better.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:31 pm

At least the lions got a taste of what they would be eating in the wild. I wonder what giraffe tastes like, maybe beef.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:17 pm

What angers me the most, aside from the obvious death here, is that the animal was simply cut apart and fed to the lions. I wonder if anyone thought of donating it to a Natural history museum to be on exhibit.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

I just don't understand why a zoo would kill a perfectly healthy giraffe, and a young one too. There is just no justification. This giraffe could have been relocated to another zoo, or sterilized if they worried about inbreeding. There were so many logical options. Like Paige said, I wish the zoo had handled it better. It saddens me that this happened and I hope it won't happen again in the future. Zoos are meant for the education and preservation of these (endangered) wild animals.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Are you freakin' kidding me????  Evil or Very Mad

Danish Jyllands Park Zoo considers to put down another giraffe

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Shocked Mad "have to" are some strong words for what they seem to "want to" do. "Slim chance" to find a home... I would bet that other zoo with the bachelor band of giraffes would take this one too.  Mad  Didn't they learn the first time from the reaction to the Copenhagen's zoo decision? When are people going to learn?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:09 pm

The only option: Don't breed with animals, until you really know they have a safe place to live.

And don't call your giraffe Marius  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by NightLioness on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Live not life...)
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Jyllands Park Zoo recently decided to not euthanize their giraffe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Jyllands Park Zoo recently decided to not euthanize their giraffe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

exclamation exclamation exclamation 

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:16 pm

I've heard yesterday that the director of zoo in Cracow (Poland) offered to take Marius in if Jyllands Park Zoo still wants to get rid of him.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:35 am

arafan wrote:
Fisva wrote:
arafan wrote:

To be true I don't think that this is a bad idea, the human is die, he don't need the body anymore. The childrens also look that at the TV, why not in the reality too?
Only because of the education a child would something never disgusting find it also looks just the kids playing in the mud, take earthworms in there hands or open with a stock a dead mouses or birds (which they themselves find on the street, in the woods, ect.).
Yes it was killed and that wasn't the best option, but it was one of the best.
What you see in the TV is FAKE, and I think you are old enough to know differences between reality and TV shows.
IF you teach children that it is sometimes necessary to kill, we will soon have the third World War because nobody would care about the life of all beings. Perhaps you are too young to understand that every creature lives only ONCE and it is BAD to TEACH children such things like killing healthy beings.
ALL in the TV is fake? Sure?
We are talking about the documentaries. Look here they dissect a shark, "Autopsie XXL" is the name in German, I don't know the English name. The animal wasn't killed from the people but we talk now about the dissect of the animal in front of the people. No I'm nobody to young, to talk about this but not all think how you. If a creature live only one time I don't know, to be true NOBODY know it.
But if you prefer that inbreed animals make child with others, I don't know what is better to let him alive or kill him.
If you tell childrens that kill is bad then you also don't can eat anymore meat. I think it is very important to raise awareness among children that death as part of life as birth. But that is something other

There is a difference between a slaughter house where a cow can be peacefully put down and a giraffe getting shot before thousands of civilians and then getting dismembered in front of children and being fed to cats right before their eyes. If I had witnessed something like that, I would have left the zoo and demanded a refund. People don't visit zoos to watch a beloved animal get dismantled and fed to cats. They come to watch animals in replicas of their habitats. The Danish zoo could have also offered the giraffe to America or Asia or anywhere else, or neuter it so it could not breed. Simple cosmetic work done on dogs and cats, even humans.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:42 am

arafan wrote:
I don't understand why the people make so a theatre. Rolling Eyes 

Quote :
Why they don't have castrate or strerelize Marius?
That's not because they want this is not because they want to keep animals as naturally as possible, that's more because to put a giraffe in a anesthesia isn't easy.

Quote :
Why they breed more animals if you do not have enough space for this?
That's because a giraffe in the nature do the same, young animals are always jobs for the animals and make the zoo life again a bit exciting.

I think it was good to dissect the giraffe in front of all the people, now they know how a giraffe looks without skin.
And why now when a giraffe die the people cry?When a cow or pig die everybody is happy that he have something to eat.
Perhaps it would have been smart to bring the dead giraffe into a restaurant and there to sell to the people in a soup. Laughing

Giraffes are unique animals most of the world doesn't get to see. Pigs and cows are specifically bred to feed the human populations, and they aren't slaughtered in humanely.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe   Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Danish zoo sparks outrage by killing healthy giraffe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2