Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions

Go down 
+9
animalluvr6
Shanti
MartinH
arafan
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
SUSANNE
orcagirl26
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:16 pm

I agree with Orcagirl, zoos need to take more actions concerning the breeding aspect of the animals.
Many zoos can handle the normal care and medical issues, but breeding animals is a whole different subject!

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:54 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
arafan wrote:
In my eyes a zoo also need to breed and kill their own animals, there they know how the animals lived.
And I never saw a zoo who makes a lot of money...

What I meant by that is that some zoos are only in for breeding/conservation for the profit, as baby animals bring in crowds. Once the "cuteness" wears off, rather than keeping the baby for the future, they simply kill it only for the cycle to start over.
I'm agree with you, but as I told I don't know any zoo who has too much money. A zoo need to educate and sensibilate for the nature. A young animal can be a great ambassador of his species in the nature, the people like cubs, and maybe they animate them to read the informations about this species.
The most zoo animals (in Europe) are part of breeding programm, there are all animals in a list and some zoos can't breed. Because the genes of the animals are too widespread.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:31 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
I also think it has to do with over-breeding. Don't breed them simply to make money  Rolling Eyes 

Animals can be put on birth control (though recently, some lionesses became stertile after being on it for so long: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and if that isn't an option, don't house males and females together. I personally feel if a zoo doesn't have the space for a breeding program, then they shouldn't even attempt to have one.
Amen! People need to start thinking for themselves!  No

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Yeah, and millions of animals are killed each year worldwide-to be eaten by Humans ! And they had a really poor life-if you can call that"life"-"existence"would be better to Name that..
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Bongo wrote:
Yeah, and millions of animals are killed each year worldwide-to be eaten by Humans ! And they had a really poor life-if you can call that"life"-"existence"would be better to Name that..
If you had looked through the earlier posts through this thread, you would have noticed that un-unique animals are specifically bred for human consumption. Humans need to eat just as that bird or rabbit beyond your window.
Zoos a should be used as a teaching tool for people to learn about the exhibited animals.
I agree that it was wrong to slaughter the lions and giraffe, but hunting and eating a few animals help control the populations. My dad shot and elk last year. It has fed my family well for over six months now and helped that population.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:59 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Bongo wrote:

If you had looked through the earlier posts through this thread, you would have noticed that un-unique animals are specifically bred for human consumption. Humans need to eat just as that bird or rabbit beyond your window.
Zoos a should be used as a teaching tool for people to learn about the exhibited animals.
I agree that it was wrong to slaughter the lions and giraffe, but hunting and eating a few animals help control the populations. My dad shot and elk last year. It has fed my family well for over six months now and helped that population.

I agree with Emma, it's not like the lions or giraffes would have been consumed by humans, at least no humans that I know. If a zoo has no room to breed or desire to care for the offspring, then they shouldn't have a breeding program. I can't understand why any zoo (or aquarium) can't be closed for killing an animal for no reason Rolling Eyes I guess they can't, if they could the Surabaya zoo in Indonesia would've been shut down a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions   Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Danish zoo that killed giraffe puts down four lions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2