Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects

Go down 
+6
LeeAnn
Roger
Sergey
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
landrover
10 posters
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects Empty
PostSubject: Dragonfly...   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:25 pm

:) :)

Other figure to my animal kingdom.....by Safari.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With her new friends dragonflies
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:51 pm

They are gorgeous, all of them cheers

But the one from Safari a liiiitle bit most, - from now there is a dragonfly more on my wishlist Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 pm

That is so beautiful Fernando! Congratulations cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:17 pm

[quote="landrover"] :) :)

Other figure to my animal kingdom.....by Safari.

...Yeah Fernando nice dragofly of course! And I can to recomend one more from brand 4D Master! Wink

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:49 am

Wonderful dragonflies, Fernando! :)
I love dragonflies, I don't know why!!! pig
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Me too Very Happy
They are fascinating creatures, - living fossiles.
We have a lot of them here, large and small, red, blue, grey, green.
They are fabulous flyers, I can`t stop watching them, - but suddenly they are gone, - they move so fast !

The way they develop from egg to grown up, - they can take up to 5 years to grow up, I have read Shocked

- and then they eat the darned moskitoes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 3:36 pm

As requested by Christophe Wink

Definitely an example of good Safari paintwork cheers

I really don't know a lot about this figure, or the species it represents, so any information is appreciated! Very Happy

I am trying to sell (or trade) this figure, but I don't really know what it's worth scratch

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Interesting figurine!!  Congrats LeeAnn

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Beautiful figure and very detailed! Thank you for the walk around LeeAnn! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Safari initially released a dragonfly in the Smithsonian Hidden Kingdom Collection - a Green Darner (Anax junius).  When they discontinued the Smithsonian Collection (but continued their jumbo insects under the "Hidden Kingdom" name), they kept the Green Darner.  While the figures looked really similar, and may have even used parts of the same mold, the post-Smithsonian figure was somewhat different; it had clawed feet, stood taller, and was made of a cheaper PVC, for starters. It also had greenish eyes, instead of black.  Yours definitely appears to be from the post-Smithsonian set, since it has clawed feet and green eyes.  To be sure, though, if yours is from the Smithsonian era, it will say so on the bottom.  It should also identify it as a Green Darner Dragonfly.  If it just says "Safari Ltd" and identifies it as a "Dragonfly", that means it is post-Smithsonian involvement. For awhile, Safari gave this figure bendable wings, which were thick and white as opposed to translucent. Thankfully, they stopped some time ago.  As for value, I believe the Hidden Kingdom Dragonfly is still in production and is easily attainable.  It retails for USD $4.99.  The Smithsonian Hidden Kingdom Green Darner is worth more, but I have no idea how much.

EDIT: I zoomed in on the picture you posted of the underside of the figure. Notice on the left hind wing (right hand side in the picture) is says DRAGONFLY, SAFARI LTD. Yours is the post-Smithsonian figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you for the information! cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Great walk around, dragonflies are among my favorite insects! Very Happy
Although not being the original Smithsonian figure it is very interesting.
It is also noticiable Chad's knowledge about Safari! cheers

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Very nice walkaround Very Happy

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects   Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects Empty

Back to top Go down

Green darner dragonfly, Safari Ltd Hiden Kingdom insects
Page 1 of 1