Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !

Go down 
+36
Jill
Bonnie
George
Tove
Bowhead Whale
TeddyLam
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
halichoeres
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
Maja-Maus
sbell
Chris Sweetman
skysthelimit
Bloodrayne
elephas_maximus
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
weaselfan93
persefone
lucky luke
jarda
Taos
NightLioness
koniminiatures
widukind
Niki2811
JonasV
Florian
landrover
scot(t)
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 1:15 am

How rare is this figure and How hard is it to get??? If it is very rare 🤔[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 2:10 am

it is very rare to me. affraid

Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 2:38 am

landrover wrote:
it is very rare to me.  affraid
sure but my question is is it too rare for any collector? It's because they will give it to me tomorrow for an exchange but the one who gives it to me says that it is very rare
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 7:16 am

Leoo Past wrote:
landrover wrote:
sure but my question is is it too rare for any collector? It's because they will give it to me tomorrow for an exchange but the one who gives it to me says that it is very rare

There is no answer to the question "is is it too rare for any collector?".

Most of the toys you can see in this topic aren't rare for me because I have them, or I had them or saw them several time in my life. Some considered rare were very common a few decades ago...

Some are also very very rare and I have nearly no hope to find them one day.

I never had this buffalo in hand and very rarely seen one on ebay, so I could say it is maybe rare. At the same time this model has very little interest for me and I may have crossed it without paying attention.

The question is rather "is it very sought after?" and the answer is no.

The other question, the only one that really matters is "Do you want this model and how much are you willing to pay or trade for it?" There is no universal answer to this question, it is a question of taste or desire and it is necessarily personal.

So do you want it ? Badly ? Then go for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 1:51 pm

A rare figure you can not find easily, mostly very very hard and sometimes expensiv.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 2:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Leoo Past wrote:
landrover wrote:

There is no answer to the question "is is it too rare for any collector?".

Most of the toys you can see in this topic aren't rare for me because I have them, or I had them or saw them several time in my life. Some considered rare were very common a few decades ago...

Some are also very very rare and I have nearly no hope to find them one day.

I never had this buffalo in hand and very rarely seen one on ebay, so I could say it is maybe rare. At the same time this model has very little interest for me and I may have crossed it without paying attention.

The question is rather "is it very sought after?" and the answer is no.

The other question, the only one that really matters is "Do you want this model and how much are you willing to pay or trade for it?" There is no universal answer to this question, it is a question of taste or desire and it is necessarily personal.

So do you want it ? Badly ? Then go for it Very Happy

Ha ha ha Laughing I loved this replay!
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 2:52 pm

This water buffalo is not a rare figure indeed. It is of the popular "Made in Hong Kong" type from the 1980s and 1990s. It is an "ARCO" type figure, it could belong to the same collection as a running warthog that someone asked about not long ago. I have some of these buffaloes and they came in a big batch of Arco type figures. Although we associate this type of figures to trinkets, the truth is that there are some really interesting ones (with little to envy to the Jeol ones). This one, in my opinion, is very nice, as well as the two couples of blackbucks and the warthog trotting in the same style.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 4:47 pm

No idea whether it is rare, but I have never seen it and I like it. As Christophe already said, some very rare figures have little monetary value because hardly anyone collects them. For most collectors, something is valuable if we like it.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 5:02 pm

I ask them why they are going to exchange it for others that are not common for me and I see that it is not strange for many since I suppose that in Europe and North America they are where they were manufactured and and that is why it is not strange to them but that buffalo in my life I had seen it I had seen other molds that are replicas of the smaller Britains water buffalo but that one in particular does look like a buffalo That's why I'm asking here since I'm just learning what figures are rare and extremely rare I need one or more expert voices
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 5:28 pm

but I would appreciate it if you told me if it is worth changing it for the Innovatekids dodo and thylacine why they change it for those
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 11:11 pm

Leoo Past wrote:
but I would appreciate it if you told me if it is worth changing it for the Innovatekids dodo and thylacine why they change it for those

It's not an unfair trade really (Innovative Kids are not very, very rare, it's just that for most buyers they would carry a very high shipping cost right now, unless you live in Japan or the USA).
I think, as Cristophe says, it depends on what you like more. I, personally, would prefer the buffalo to the Innovative K.
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 11:46 pm

perfect then I will make my change
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10