Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !

Go down 
+36
Jill
Bonnie
George
Tove
Bowhead Whale
TeddyLam
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
halichoeres
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
Maja-Maus
sbell
Chris Sweetman
skysthelimit
Bloodrayne
elephas_maximus
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
weaselfan93
persefone
lucky luke
jarda
Taos
NightLioness
koniminiatures
widukind
Niki2811
JonasV
Florian
landrover
scot(t)
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm still waiting for Harriet, Anna, and Christophe to put up a couple of pictures of their favorite rarities. That will be a sight to behold. (Not to pressure any of you, but … c'mon!)

I also think it's worth noting that a "rarity" doesn't have to be something that is universally acknowledged to be a rarity. For example, there are figures I consider to be a rarity not just because they are desired by everyone and expensive/hard to find. I would think a rarity could also just be a figure that someone looked for for a long time, or something that is just particularly precious. (I liked Paige's posts for this reason, since she posted lots of different kinds of rarities.)

For example, I desperately wanted the Kaiyodo Large-Billed Crow for ages. It's easy enough to find on eBay, but was always so expensive. So when I finally found it for a reasonable price, I was over the moon. Similarly for one of the Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus models. Or the Kaiyodo Apatosaurus I didn't even know it existed because I just never saw it available on eBay -- when I finally did, I was smitten; it's such a lovely model of a sauropod. Or, the Bullyland Topi. I never thought I'd ever have an opportunity to get one; I assumed it was so far out of reach, I didn't even go hunting. And then Susanne came to the rescue and every time I look at it, I'm reminded of her generous spirit.

I hope everyone will interpret 'rarity' in whatever way they feel comfortable and add to this thread. (Again, no pressure, though.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:39 pm

(And I apologize, truly, if I sound like I'm trying to pressure people to post. That's not my intention. I'm genuinely curious to see other folks' precious figures. I also apologize if I'm posting too much on this thread. Please forgive my excessive enthusiasm.)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 pm

scot(t) wrote:
(And I apologize, truly, if I sound like I'm trying to pressure people to post. That's not my intention. I'm genuinely curious to see other folks' precious figures. I also apologize if I'm posting too much on this thread. Please forgive my excessive enthusiasm.)

No need to apologize. I had planned on "spamming" the thread with photos too. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 pm

scot(t) wrote:

You are so right ! I am very exited to see them too Basketball bounce   cheers

WONDERFUL dino, Scott, - and the crow, and the piggy, - and I am thrilled that you love the topi Very Happy

Niki2811

Niki2811

Country/State : Europa

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:19 pm

For me are the little baby snow leopards from AAA very rare.

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Cute! Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

No need to apologize. I had planned on "spamming" the thread with photos too. Laughing
If we coordinate this right...  Wink I had the same idea. I'd love to see more rarities personally...  Smile 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Ohh, they are lovely, Niklas , and in perfect condition  cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:13 pm

I see a lot of different and very beautieful rarities here! That was what i imagine  sunny sunny sunny sunny 

Now i am back from my holidays and i have a new (but old) computer without problems, but very slowly like a sloth  sunny 

I will start with my figurines soon  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:04 am

I look forward to seeing them Andreas! (Especially if there happens to be a sloth in there.  Wink )
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Here are some of my scarcer models. Few constitute true rarities, though – certainly the Neo by Deseo, the few artist resins shown, the Papo brown velociraptor perhaps, Sideshow Styraco, and possibly the Safari "female" oviraptor – but the rest are really just stuff like expo exclusives, secret figurines, personal "rarities" or plain old thin on the ground, regionally or temporally. Still, they're all models one doesn't get to see every day, so I've opted to interpret "rarity" with mild laxity here.

Japanese miscellany first - top to bottom, left to right: Kaiyodo 2005 Aquatales Enoshima Aquarium series 2 06 hatching Cephaloscyllium umbratile; Kaiyodo 2014 Capsule Q Museum Animals of Japan part 5 - Lake Biwa set 11 Leptodora kindtii (secret figure and the largest animal gashapon by Kaiyodo); Kaiyodo 2005 Aquatales Enoshima Aquarium series 2 07 Bathynomus doederleini; Kaiyodo 2014 Capsule Q Museum Animals of Japan part 5 - Lake Biwa set exclusive non-albino Silurus lithophilus 05; Kitan Club 2013 Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 02 19 Silurus biwaensis; Yujin Freshwater Fish in Colour, pt. 2 secret Oncorhynchus keta larva & egg; Yujin Freshwater Fish in Colour, pt. 2 23 Anguilla japonica; Yujin Saltwater Fish in Colour, pt. 1 secret figure 13 Pterois lunulata; Yujin Aquarium Fish In Colour series 2 secret figure panda demekin.

Horses. In the background an unknown brand Made in China draught - "rare" as I've only ever seen two like it anywhere and would dearly like to have several; an unpainted artist resin Tennessee Walking Horse 'Independence' sculpted by Sarah Rose and slightly customized by me; left foreground a half-painted artist resin Welsh Cob 'Dafydd' sculpted by Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig and slightly customized & half-painted by me; and on the right an artist resin hunter horse 'Laf'n Bear Rayne' sculpted by Lynn Fraley, being customized and painted by me.
The artist resins are all of low and limited editions, of course, and therefore automatically "rare" in comparison to mass-produced figurines, but even among their own kind, the above few are, I guess, mildly uncommon. The TWH in particular is rather a sought-after piece, making it perhaps my "rarest" resin.

Dogs, from left to right: Kaiyodo ChocoQ Pets series 4 (2003) Boxer 019A (foreground), Toy Major Akita (background), TOPPS Precious Puppies 07 Bull terrier 'Spike' (foreground), Bullyland shar pei dark red variant (background), Furuta Choco Egg 10 Pug (foreground), the Yorkshire terrier from the same set (foreground), an original sculpture Neapolitan mastiff sculpted, painted and collared by our Deseo (this is my only true rarity - it's one of a kind!), and lastly a 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Whippet 10 'Speedo'. The TOPPS dogs are "rare" in the most subjective sense of the term; after owning both as a kid and giving them away, I spent a good 10 years idly searching for them before finding both again, which is the only thing that makes them "rare" to me.

Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria Styracosaurus Maquette, 1st colour version. The little horse on top isn't rare, just hitching.

From left to right, more or less: Papo 2005 Velociraptor, UHA Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 - C.C. Saurus Protoceratops 096a, UHA Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 - C.C. Saurus Oviraptor with young 093a, UHA Kaiyodo Dinotales series 3 - The Chocolasaurs Collection Hallucigenia 068, Kaiyodo series 1 Retro Classic Brachiosaurus, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S 3-D Capsule Encyclopedia National Museum of Nature and Science/2011 Tokyo Dinosaur Expo 8-piece set secret brown Tyrannosaurus skeleton, UHA Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 - The Chocolasaurs Collection limited edition Jurassic Park Institute Tour Stegosaurus skeleton 030, UHA Kaiyodo Dinotales Dino Expo 2002 limited edition Seismosaurus skeleton, Safari Ltd. 2004 Oviraptor, and Ka009ka's Aquarium Osprey figurine created by Skink.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Beautieful figurines too Lea!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Ooohhh, all those rarities  drunken drunken cheers 

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:53 am

They are fantastic Koniminiatures! I love the dogs especially.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:19 pm

What an impressive lot of rarities, Lea  cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Now i will start with my figurines.

I really agree with Susanne for the question what is rare. But i think very high priced models and very hard to find figurines are also rare.

So here is the SSS Pukeko. Now some of us have it but most of us got it in one deal  Very Happy  Before this deal and a member from New Zealand i search for this Pukeko 3 years and never found it. So i think it is hard to find

Now i will share a few unknown brand chinese figurines. The long-beaked echidna is the only figurine that i know from this specie and also the brustail possum from this serie is not a very often produced specie. The "Grey" lemur too. But what you will search if you will find that. I think it is the same likewith the small Nayab figurines. We know that but if you will search for this it is difficult.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Some of my rarities I think!!The Britains Charging Bull Elephant-I have the Britains black panther as well but its stored away!
The Schleich Classics Farm Animal sets-I also have the little plastic boxes they came in.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Great Pukeko Andreas!
I love the Schleich sets and the charging bull elephant too.  Applause 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 am

Thankyou both for the great contributions Very Happy
Yes, we were very lucky to get your help to get the Pukeko, Andreas, - a wonderful example of teamwork  drunken 

Taylor, those Schleich classics are so wonderful, - you even have the Shepherd dog, and all in beautyful condition  cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks friends, here more

unknown vintage pheasants

Jeol waterbuck and bushpig

Timpo antelope

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:00 pm

That waterbuck  Shocked  Those phesants  Shocked That antelope  Shocked 
And the piggy too, of course Wink

Great rarities, dear friend  Applause 

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Congrats, Andreas! Very interesting pheasants, are these vintage figures from plastic?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:19 pm

jarda wrote:
Congrats, Andreas! Very interesting pheasants, are these vintage figures from plastic?

Thank you, i think more the material like the old Lineol  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Thank you Susanne  sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:15 am

Gorgeous! I love that waterbuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next