Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2015 catalog pics

Go down 
+60
smilodoncalifornicus
Kikimalou
Ludichris1
donhill
PeGe
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Bloodrayne
Sheepish
Roger
baltimore zoo
Damon
Tiermann
Lady_Dovahkiin
Juan Andrés
MARTINLATIN
sphyrna18
Kiryuha
Kristie
lucky luke
Sergey
Numa
LorenzoItaly
SyLoBe
Duck-Anch-Amun
shadoweon
Wilorvise
Deseo
LukaLeon085
scot(t)
ken yeo
SeanieP
MartinH
Predino
apichartu
SommoDracorex
Dutch Bear
A.R.Garcia
weaselfan93
Tupolew Tu-154
Saien
Joan Milelire
donny ong
signatus
Geospiza fortis
john2xtheman
Takama
orcagirl26
NightLioness
JonasV
LeeAnn
stecal
Florian
trevok4
Bonobo
Ana
persefone
arafan
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
skysthelimit
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Love all the new dinosaurs! It would seem I made a lucky guess about a month ago when I called Yutyrannus as one of the Wild Safari line. Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Good to see all the new figures. I always like additions to the WS Wildlife line. A bit disappointed with the puma, though, as it looks like a retooled or repainted black jaguar/leopard
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:36 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 pm

arafan wrote:
That's all of this year.

NightLioness wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

It's hard to believe that these are all of Safari Ltd.'s 2015 releases, I expected at least one new release in each line (with the exception of the Monterey Bay Collection). Only the nurse shark and tiger shark appeal to me; looks like I'll have to wait until CollectA announces their 2015 items to see if any cetaceans are released, they never seem to disappoint. I was really hoping for a porpoise or a boto.
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

I like jaguar, Thompson gazelle, wild boar, family moose, black bull and maybe Grizzly . Good news !!

I think cougar has a strange way. Looks like a lioness overweight. Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 am

NightLioness wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

Same thought here...

There was an orca in a promotional picture I saw, but it pretty well matches the existing one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 am

I think Safari is getting better for 2015. I like the boar, moose, thomson's gazelle, jaguar, koala, aardvark, black bull, angus, goat, and ram.
Thanks Robert and Bryan.

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:52 am

nurse shark for me!

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow, what a nice surprise from Safari! These news are much better than last year's. I see a lot of nice models and I´m very happy about the aardwark, finally!  cheers   cheers  
Thank you guys for sharing !!!  Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by Saien on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Ohhh! SO many lovely news cheers

Those FISH cheers  The new cattle cheers  And GOATS ( If only I could find the old, brown Billy too Laughing ) , - fine dinos, - an new 'tops for me cheers

But most of all : A whole family of moose bounce Applause

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Thank you for these pictures! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Applause cheers
For me Jaguar both look good; sunny
boar is promising tes on mage I love colors drunken
Sharks great too! bounce
Surprised that there are no birds in the world scratch Mad
I expected a nice, Dale sheep produced by Safari ????? and no monkey !!! study Shocked
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:59 pm

the boar is very promising in the image I like the colors Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

One word: WOW

Many great figurines.
Boar
Puma
Aardvark
Black Bull
The tools and human organs toobs - for a torture chamber Very Happy

Yutyrannus
Archaeopteryx
Cave dragon
Chrome dragon
Desert dragon
Pyrois - horse from hell Very Happy
Gold Areion - ideal as a statue for gate keeping
Nurse shark

Normal horses i don't need.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:19 pm

so upset about the aardvark. i wish it would always stay retired and rare. sometimes safari angers me. Mad Sad

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

Same thought here...

There was an orca in a promotional picture I saw, but it pretty well matches the existing one:
Yes, it's the existing one from Monterey Bay; however the dorsal fin does look different scratch Probably from the orca being photographed at an angle. I also wanted to point out that the frog is the same one from the Life Cycle of a Frog set:

Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:34 pm

This is a lot to take in, even if most species are not new. The bear looks very promising- their polar bear and black bear are the best, and I had hoped a similarly sculpted brown bear might emerge. The frog, aardvark, and insects are very familiar... though I imagine the alternative would be none at all? The cattle look excellent like the others (though I don't have any). The mini orangutan, and especially octopus, look like must-haves. Promising dinosaurs, jaguar, interesting I.C. fish choices, and the desert dragon may be their most monstrous figure to date. The toobs... well...
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 am

bounce bounce bounce
Great pictures.
Colours of the bear and cub look nice.
Cant wait to see them next year.

Also excited about the angus bull, black bull and moose bull.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:09 am

Mh… so bad for me.
We have a total of 65 new releases, 52 if we excluded Good Luck Minis and Toobs… so, still less than previous year. But the real trouble is that almost 15 figures are repaint or recycled figures! We actuay have only 35-37 REAL new figures.
In all honesty I don't like this way takan by Safari…
The good thing is that the new dinosaurs looks really good, I especially like the Yutyrannus. Not other commenta for the rest.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:18 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
so upset about the aardvark. i wish it would always stay retired and rare. sometimes safari angers me. Mad Sad

I agree ! A very bad habit of several brands !!! It is so darned irritating, when a rare and valuable gem suddenly become something you can get by the hundreds Suspect
If they had made a new one in another pose, it would have been fantastic What a Face

apichartu

apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks for sharing !!!

Glad to see new Angus Family, Black Bull, Moose Family Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Predino

Predino

Country/State : New York

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 pm

WOW! What awesome items next year! Very Happy How can I choose what to buy? :p

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:32 am

The toobs are very disappointing. Not much for me to collect from Safari this upcoming year.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:25 am

I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari. No No No No No. As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg." Safari, pay attention. Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma. It is still a Jaguar. Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot. Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so). It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders. It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar.... Applause Applause Applause . Beautiful. I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance. I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it. People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one. Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure. That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them. Slap someone. The Mudpuppy. For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?! C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks. Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure. Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf. The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad. I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog? Not their strongest figure. BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles. Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark. Finally revealed. This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark). The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures. The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome. It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all. That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year. Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful. I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year. But they dropped the ball on that.

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015. If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:43 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

The Toobs are indeed very disappointing.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Predino

Predino

Country/State : New York

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 am

The toobs look ok. Not excited but i can play haunted doctor with the tools and organs! >Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Safari 2015 catalog pics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2015 catalog pics
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next