Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Safari 2015 catalog pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
john2xtheman

avatar

Country/State : u.s.a.
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-10-06
Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Love all the new dinosaurs! It would seem I made a lucky guess about a month ago when I called Yutyrannus as one of the Wild Safari line. Very Happy

_________________
John  
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-01-12
Posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Good to see all the new figures. I always like additions to the WS Wildlife line. A bit disappointed with the puma, though, as it looks like a retooled or repainted black jaguar/leopard
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4444

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

_________________
~Karin~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1219

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's all of this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

It's hard to believe that these are all of Safari Ltd.'s 2015 releases, I expected at least one new release in each line (with the exception of the Monterey Bay Collection). Only the nurse shark and tiger shark appeal to me; looks like I'll have to wait until CollectA announces their 2015 items to see if any cetaceans are released, they never seem to disappoint. I was really hoping for a porpoise or a boto.
Back to top Go down
signatus

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 53
Joined : 2011-01-31
Posts : 930

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

I like jaguar, Thompson gazelle, wild boar, family moose, black bull and maybe Grizzly . Good news !!

I think cougar has a strange way. Looks like a lioness overweight. Mad

_________________
Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Geospiza fortis

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-01-12
Posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

There was an orca in a promotional picture I saw, but it pretty well matches the existing one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 44
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 am

I think Safari is getting better for 2015. I like the boar, moose, thomson's gazelle, jaguar, koala, aardvark, black bull, angus, goat, and ram.
Thanks Robert and Bryan.


Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:52 am

nurse shark for me!

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Saien

avatar

Country/State : Slovakia
Age : 40
Joined : 2013-11-23
Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow, what a nice surprise from Safari! These news are much better than last year's. I see a lot of nice models and I´m very happy about the aardwark, finally!  cheers   cheers  
Thank you guys for sharing !!!  Very Happy  Very Happy

_________________
Andrea [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Saien on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 29789

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Ohhh! SO many lovely news cheers

Those FISH cheers  The new cattle cheers  And GOATS ( If only I could find the old, brown Billy too Laughing ) , - fine dinos, - an new 'tops for me cheers

But most of all : A whole family of moose bounce Applause

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3579

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Thank you for these pictures! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Applause cheers
For me Jaguar both look good; sunny
boar is promising tes on mage I love colors drunken
Sharks great too! bounce
Surprised that there are no birds in the world scratch Mad
I expected a nice, Dale sheep produced by Safari ????? and no monkey !!! study Shocked
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3579

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:59 pm

the boar is very promising in the image I like the colors Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

avatar

Country/State : Airport
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-11-12
Posts : 723

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

One word: WOW

Many great figurines.
Boar
Puma
Aardvark
Black Bull
The tools and human organs toobs - for a torture chamber Very Happy

Yutyrannus
Archaeopteryx
Cave dragon
Chrome dragon
Desert dragon
Pyrois - horse from hell Very Happy
Gold Areion - ideal as a statue for gate keeping
Nurse shark

Normal horses i don't need.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 23
Joined : 2011-06-29
Posts : 982

PostSubject: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:19 pm

so upset about the aardvark. i wish it would always stay retired and rare. sometimes safari angers me. Mad Sad

_________________
Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1219

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm guessing there's nothing for the Monterey Bay Collection? I was hoping to at least have one cetacean this year  Neutral

Same thought here...

There was an orca in a promotional picture I saw, but it pretty well matches the existing one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, it's the existing one from Monterey Bay; however the dorsal fin does look different scratch Probably from the orca being photographed at an angle. I also wanted to point out that the frog is the same one from the Life Cycle of a Frog set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

avatar

Country/State : ND/MN, USA
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:34 pm

This is a lot to take in, even if most species are not new. The bear looks very promising- their polar bear and black bear are the best, and I had hoped a similarly sculpted brown bear might emerge. The frog, aardvark, and insects are very familiar... though I imagine the alternative would be none at all? The cattle look excellent like the others (though I don't have any). The mini orangutan, and especially octopus, look like must-haves. Promising dinosaurs, jaguar, interesting I.C. fish choices, and the desert dragon may be their most monstrous figure to date. The toobs... well...
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 42
Joined : 2014-02-22
Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 am

bounce bounce bounce
Great pictures.
Colours of the bear and cub look nice.
Cant wait to see them next year.

Also excited about the angus bull, black bull and moose bull.

_________________
Bear collector from Amsterdam.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

avatar

Country/State : Italia
Age : 21
Joined : 2011-07-23
Posts : 378

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:09 am

Mh… so bad for me.
We have a total of 65 new releases, 52 if we excluded Good Luck Minis and Toobs… so, still less than previous year. But the real trouble is that almost 15 figures are repaint or recycled figures! We actuay have only 35-37 REAL new figures.
In all honesty I don't like this way takan by Safari…
The good thing is that the new dinosaurs looks really good, I especially like the Yutyrannus. Not other commenta for the rest.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sommodracorex.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 29789

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
so upset about the aardvark. i wish it would always stay retired and rare. sometimes safari angers me. Mad Sad

I agree ! A very bad habit of several brands !!! It is so darned irritating, when a rare and valuable gem suddenly become something you can get by the hundreds Suspect
If they had made a new one in another pose, it would have been fantastic What a Face

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
apichartu

avatar

Country/State : Thailand
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-10-02
Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks for sharing !!!

Glad to see new Angus Family, Black Bull, Moose Family Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Predino

avatar

Country/State : New York
Age : 29
Joined : 2014-09-20
Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 pm

WOW! What awesome items next year! Very Happy How can I choose what to buy? :p

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USΔ ~ Colorado
Age : 16
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:32 am

The toobs are very disappointing. Not much for me to collect from Safari this upcoming year.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://aviationnation.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:25 am

I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari. No No No No No. As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg." Safari, pay attention. Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma. It is still a Jaguar. Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot. Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so). It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders. It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar.... Applause Applause Applause . Beautiful. I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance. I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it. People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one. Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure. That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them. Slap someone. The Mudpuppy. For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?! C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks. Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure. Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf. The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad. I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog? Not their strongest figure. BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles. Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark. Finally revealed. This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark). The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures. The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome. It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all. That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year. Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful. I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year. But they dropped the ball on that.

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015. If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USΔ ~ Colorado
Age : 16
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.


The Toobs are indeed very disappointing.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://aviationnation.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
Predino

avatar

Country/State : New York
Age : 29
Joined : 2014-09-20
Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 am

The toobs look ok. Not excited but i can play haunted doctor with the tools and organs! >Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   

Back to top Go down
 
Safari 2015 catalog pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Safari Ltd 2015 Catalog on line
» Papo models for 2015! Complete list page 1, catalogue video on page 7, special edition page 12
» Geoworld 2015 Catalog
» 03. June 2015: More pics from George in Kentucky
» Wish we could go back in time... Check this out! (Added AT catalog pics)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: