Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!

Go down 
+101
scot(t)
Dum_my
Tove
Kikimalou
Shanti
Roger
dragonmau
donny ong
Noémi
Bongo
WILLYBACOMAN
Silver Unicornis
Ludichris1
baltimore zoo
Gulogulo76
krista
Ladytilly
mohkis
Dannelboyz
Valinor
Jetty
Lady_Dovahkiin
gulogulo
nyarlahotep
Florian
MARTINLATIN
Bloodrayne
Gwaine
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Fisva
damodelhorselife
sadie3112
-Schleichhorse-
LeeAnn
Zic890
Damon
dutchschleich14
Ana
Geospiza fortis
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonobo
arafan
VASILIS
NightLioness
trevok4
schleich61
Takama
Tupolew Tu-154
pokeyanyway
A.R.Garcia
sbell
stargatedalek
Carola
JonasV
HorseyFan09
TheLastStardust
Duma
Dutch Bear
Saien
Elros Alvar
LorenzoItaly
Duck-Anch-Amun
ida
Zoodirektor
SilkySky
ze_neto
joyce & anouk
Tiermann
AkaiHawke
Haybale Farm
lucky luke
Sergey
Deseo
SeanieP
cougar62
Joan Milelire
Clifthanger
Kiana84
Pluisje1998
Gregory1007
Schleich-US
boba_jagoda
JackyLovertjex
LittleLady
Miss Jane
Angie59
john2xtheman
Thylacineotway
Chamira
diversity
SyLoBe
schleichsammler2008
shadoweon
signatus
persefone
MartinH
A-J
Juan Andrés
cattlecollector
SpiralStrix
SUSANNE
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 6:49 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I'm gonna trow a tantrum if they are NOT gonna include the Frisian in the 2015 collection....

Count me in!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
mohkis

mohkis

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 am

Why, why, why so many new horses!? And with same models and same colours than some other horses... -.- I think i won't collect Schleich horses anymore because it's obvious that these horses also will be horribly painted... Maybe i will just get all the horses and specials that came out this year and then that's my collection... I'm angry and sad about this...

Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 pm

mohkis wrote:
Why, why, why so many new horses!? And with same models and same colours than some other horses... -.- I think i won't collect Schleich horses anymore because it's obvious that these horses also will be horribly painted... Maybe i will just get all the horses and specials that came out this year and then that's my collection... I'm angry and sad about this...

I'm not sure about the paintwork, since I believe the 2014 Müller editions were nicely painted. Also, the Tinkers (mare and foal 2015) are nicely painted.

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Damon wrote:
mohkis wrote:

I'm not sure about the paintwork, since I believe the 2014 Müller editions were nicely painted. Also, the Tinkers (mare and foal 2015) are nicely painted.

I agree with Damon, four out of five Müllers were very nicely painted and I think the Arab mare in the Advent Calendar has had a nice lick of paint as well.

Thereby, I think it is quite harsh to say [quote=]it's obvious that these horses also will be horribly painted.[/quote] Of course we are all endowed our own opinion, but ... Well.. Most people are positive.

~
~

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm

For me the paintwork isn't the biggest problem - horrible sculpting bothers me more. That frisian for example.. I really don't know what to say about his head and neck.. The rest of his body is like a few  sizes too small. Such a poor thing. @
This is a Friesian;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this one. I guess the sculptor had used this as a reference photo. But.. Rolling Eyes

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Arabo friesian. To me at least.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 pm

There are several types within any breed. This always leads to many discussions between breeders and lovers of that breed, who try to force their own opinion of which is the preferred type onto the others. Schleich chooses one breed type to model, in horses, dogs, etc. As long as Schleich models that type anatomically correct, it should still be appreciated, apart from the breed type you personally prefer.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Valinor wrote:
There are several types within any breed. This always leads to many discussions between breeders and lovers of that breed, who try to force their own opinion of which is the preferred type onto the others. Schleich chooses one breed type to model, in horses, dogs, etc. As long as Schleich models that type anatomically correct, it should still be appreciated, apart from the breed type you personally prefer.

I salute thee, this is valid stuff right here.
Of course there are variating types and some appeal to greater audience and some don't. And of course there isn't too much variating with the friesian, but there certainly is.

~
~

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:35 pm

I know - of course there is many types of horses in every breed. And everyone like what they like. And I really liked the older Schleich stallion. Very nice horse.
But is there a line where the breeder makes a horse look like a cross breed of shetlander and frisian? Razz

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 pm

The same breeds tend to look differently in Europe and in America. That is given nowadays. Take an American Shetland or a Shetland Pony from its homeland, you wouldn't say that it's the same breed. Or a Rough Collie from its homeland on the british isle, or the American Rough Collie. Just two examples.
And which type of, for instance, Arabian Horse would Schleich need to model, a sports horse that excels in endurance, or a top show horse? They just don't have the same look in most cases.
Wild animals the same. The look of the animal (not just its colour) depends even on the time of the year.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 pm

The problem for me isn't the type of Friesian they sculpted (I like them all: lighter or heavier, all are beautiful). The problem is the size of head (HUGE!!!) and the miniature hindquarters, what create really a disproportionate animal. The front looks like from completely different specimen than a back part. Sad That's why I think we cannot say it is anatomically correct sculpture. But the face and mane and pose are certainly very nice, there are elements we can love in this model, it has a lot of charm. Smile
But, for the more possible and natural proportions (much more acceptable and harmonious) the older figure of Schleich was much better. The new sculpture is really an impossible horse Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Ana wrote:
The problem for me isn't the type of Friesian they sculpted (I like them all: lighter or heavier, all are beautiful). The problem is the size of head (HUGE!!!) and the miniature hindquarters, what create really a disproportionate animal. The front looks like from completely different specimen than a back part. Sad That's why I think we cannot say it is anatomically correct sculpture. But the face and mane and pose are certainly very nice, there are elements we can love in this model, it has a lot of charm. Smile
But, for the more possible and natural proportions (much more acceptable and harmonious) the older figure of Schleich was much better. The new sculpture is really an impossible horse Sad

I think it's just «an effect of photography». When I do some photos of my animals with rotated head, they look like they have very big heads very often indeed.
So I think we haven't worry about it. I like his proportions, it's really high quality for Schleich.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Let's all just wait until we see them life before we make too harsh a judgement.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 pm

I didn't want to be too harsh for that figure, even with flaws I'm still quite liking it, it has a lot of charm: very nice pose, cute face, lovely long mane, I like how the forelock is put on the side -> cute!!  sunny  sunny  sunny

But I'm talking about the realism only because I saw some of you are not sure about the type of Friesian it represents. So I think the problem is not the type but the proportions between body parts. I don't know if it's just an effect of photography.  So far the comparison with real horses seems to confirm my opinion. But I agree we have to see the real thing to be sure  Smile
(note: short back, small hindquarters, huge neck and very big head and absurdly big ears of the figure. The blue silhouette is based directly on the schleich catalog photo, I changed nothing)

source of the photo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Ana on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Wow, this comparison is cool!

Can I also get a round of appalause for only one pony with braids!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Wow, this comparison is cool!

Can I also get a round of appalause for only one pony with braids!

I'm glad you like this comparison Smile

I'm not sure what would you like me to do? Comparison of the pony with braids to the real mini shetland? Did I understand it right? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 pm

No, I am just very glad that Schleich seems to have dropped their braid fetish.

~
~

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Agree with Annas first post Very Happy And I'm not a dump even though I might sound like that. ; >
I do know those things, the prolem is that particular model horse for me.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Oh, OK, now I understand Smile

Personally I don't mind the braids. I would prefer good proportioned horses with braids than wrong proportioned with the "normal" mane. But I understand that for many collectors the braids are disturbing. Totally understand that. flower

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Ana wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Oh, OK, now I understand Smile

Personally I don't mind the braids. I would prefer good proportioned horses with braids than wrong proportioned with the "normal" mane. But I understand that for many collectors the braids are disturbing. Totally understand that.  flower
The past few years Schleich has been too 'childish' and I think they are now taking steps back in the right direction.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Ana wrote:
I didn't want to be too harsh for that figure, even with flaws I'm still quite liking it, it has a lot of charm: very nice pose, cute face, lovely long mane, I like how the forelock is put on the side -> cute!!  sunny  sunny  sunny

But I'm talking about the realism only because I saw some of you are not sure about the type of Friesian it represents. So I think the problem is not the type but the proportions between body parts. I don't know if it's just an effect of photography.  So far the comparison with real horses seems to confirm my opinion. But I agree we have to see the real thing to be sure  Smile
(note: short back, small hindquarters, huge neck and very big head and absurdly big ears of the figure. The blue silhouette is based directly on the schleich catalog photo, I changed nothing)

source of the photo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You did very demonstrative comparation! Yeah, it looks like his head is too big indeed.
Well, we have to wait. Once I read an interesting fact: if you do photo with long distance to your object (about 2m or more), you'll get right proportions. If you do photos with a distance less than 2m, you'll get an effect «fish's eye», often it appears like a big head or short legs.

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:08 pm

JonasV wrote:
Agree with Annas first post Very Happy And I'm not a dump even though I might sound like that. ; >
I do know those things, the prolem is that particular model horse for me.

Oh, Jonas, I just noticed you actually said the same thing about proportions few post earlier. Embarassed Sorry that I just wrote the very same thing. So we agree entirely. But it seems the comparison I made explain it also on picture Smile
About the type it represents I can't really say. The back may be from the modern type and head with neck from the old heavy type Wink

And, Jonas, I would NEVER say you're dumb, affraid affraid affraid I hope I didn't write anything what could made you think that I would say anything like this Embarassed affraid No

Gwaine wrote:

The past few years Schleich has been too 'childish' and I think they are now taking steps back in the right direction.

Yes, they are more serious again, I think that's a good sign!!! cheers Hope they will become even more serious and realistic in future. Smile

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:

You did very demonstrative comparation! Yeah, it looks like his head is too big indeed.
Well, we have to wait. Once I read an interesting fact: if you do photo with long distance to your object (about 2m or more), you'll get right proportions. If you do photos with a distance less than 2m, you'll get an effect «fish's eye», often it appears like a big head or short legs.

Yes, that's why we will have to see in real. Very Happy
About the photography - exactly, when you take photos from short distance you may except some distortions. I would say the professional photographers from Schleich should have know it but maybe they didn't? scratch At least we can hope Smile
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:

Yes, that's why we will have to see in real. Very Happy
About the photography - exactly, when you take photos from short distance you may except some distortions. I would say the professional photographers from Schleich should have know it but maybe they didn't? scratch At least we can hope Smile [/quote]

I hope they know, but some photos are terrible XD Unfortunately, no one lens can eliminate completely the distortion. It can be imperceptible, but in such situation photograph needs background.
Back to top Go down
Dannelboyz

Dannelboyz

Country/State : VIC, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 10:59 am

From a look at the wildlife:

I think they generally did quite a good job this year, minus a few small concerns.

Arctic wolf: Absolutely beautiful! I will definitely be getting this one early. Very Happy

Alligators and Crocodile: I like them. They are much nicer than the previous crocodile and match the young crocodile from last year. I think the movable jaws are a nice touch too.

Snakes: The boa constrictor looks a little too uniform in colour and I think its spots look indented in the model? Hopefully I'm wrong but it does look a little off. The other snakes are quite nice in my opinion.

Scarlet macaw: It's okay, but probably not as nice as the other macaws as the bright feathers underneath the wings make it a little cartoony.

Ostrich - Very similar to the current male ostrich... Somebody get the chicks a mother. ): Otherwise, a good model. It's just a shame that it wasn't female.

Eagle Owl - It's okay I suppose, but it doesn't appeal to me. I think it would be nicer with closed wings. Schleich's made too many birds with open wings recently.

Rhinoceros - I don't get it. It's exactly the same as the previous one, isn't it? Are they just returning the model that was retired last year or is there something new about it that I'm missing?

Lion - The pose is a little awkward in my opinion. It looks terribly unbalanced, but I suppose it would look okay in a fighting scene of some sort?

Gray Wolf - It looks like it's having a bath, covered in soap. I like the creativity in having its fur sticking out as though it's growling, but I am not convinced that it works. I'll have to see it once it's available.

Tigers - I absolutely love the tigers, except for two minor concerns. I don't like the eyes of the orange cub. I think they should have gone with dark brown or dull green. I know it's meant to make it cute, but I think it just makes it look off. The white tigers look good, but I'd prefer to see Schleich make a new subspecies of tiger or a full family with different poses than have white tigers. Besides, in reality, white tigers are a mutation that should not be bred so Schleich can only be selling them to appeal to younger audiences, not to be educational. Other than that, I think the tigers look splendid and are much better than the previous versions.

Panda Cub - It looks adorable, but we've seen pandas plenty of times. At least Schleich is doing their part in saving the species... Razz

Hyena - It looks really good I think. I have no criticism - a needed species that was well made.

Nests - I like the creativity with the nests - as well as having the egg that is open-able for the ostrich. I would have preferred the egg to look more natural, but it's okay I suppose. The plants attached to the nests aren't too appealing imo. They all look quite bland.

Chameleon - I like the idea, but I don't think it looks too good. The paint does not match the model.

I would have loved to see an Australian species or two and I think they could sell quite well, but I guess I'll just have to wait another year in hope.

Last edited by Dannelboyz on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mohkis

mohkis

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am

Sorry if I seem too negative. I just think that 5 years ago horses were much prettier with painting and everything. Like the last arab mare has too much toy look like head, they all have some pink accessories or something... And also that they make 19 new horses in January, it's too much, and some of them are not even new models.... I would like to have all Schleich horses, but it's stupid to pay 150 euros for 19 horses, and if you don't even like 10 of them....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!   Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2015 list of releases with pictures!
Page 23 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next