Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D

Go down 
+4
widukind
arafan
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D Empty
PostSubject: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:34 pm

A brand new species for me , - a  beautyful nurse shark  cheers

From National Geographic I have taken the liberty to copy :
Nurse sharks are slow-moving bottom-dwellers and are, for the most part, harmless to humans. However, they can be huge—up to 14 feet (4.3 meters)—and have very strong jaws filled with thousands of tiny, serrated teeth, and will bite defensively if stepped on or bothered by divers who assume they’re docile.

They use their strong jaws to crush and eat shellfish and even coral, but prefer to dine on fish, shrimp, and squid. They are gray-brown and have distinctive tail fins that can be up to one-fourth their total length. Unlike most other sharks, nurses are smooth to the touch.

Originally I presented it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but it will much easier to find this rare model later, if it has it's own topic Wink

A beautyful model with silky skin and a slightly metallic colour, which makes it look very real  :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Another fine example of the excellent Safari Ltd shark tradition Applause I was sure I would fall in love with this one I love you Thank you Susanne for the nice pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Another fine example of the excellent Safari Ltd shark tradition Applause I was sure I would fall in love with this one I love you  Thank you Susanne for the nice pics Very Happy

Take care now, - I hear they can bite affraid Laughing Laughing

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:11 pm

It's a amazing model, and my favourite shark species! Very Happy 
The paintjob isn't bad, but they are more brownish and not grey in nature.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:37 am

A must have:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Another wonderful work! Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh I LOVE that shark. Huge congrats again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Originally I presented it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but it will much easier to find this rare model later, if it has it's own topic Wink

Exactly Susanne, I was just searching for a nurse on forum and here it is! Laughing
Wonderful nurse! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 am

I'm searching for an Angel Susanne... Maybe you could make a walkaround? Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 pm

That's such a nice figure. Too bad it only has 4 gill slits. Why do so many companies get that simple, basic feature incorrect?

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm

sbell wrote:
Too bad it only has 4 gill slits. Why do so many companies get that simple, basic feature incorrect?

scratch scratch

They also have four in Wikipedia

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Nurse sharks have five gills but the two last one are so closed that it looks like it has four Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D   Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Nurse Shark 2015 :-D
Page 1 of 1