Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus Empty
PostSubject: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 22:01

Ever been corrected by a Dino nerd that Brontosaurus never existed and it was just an Apatosaurus? Well that will no longer fly as new study's have shown that Brontosaurus is indeed a valid Genus

http://www.nature.com/news/beloved-brontosaurus-makes-a-comeback-1.17257
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 23:07

that's interesting although it is still under discussion. Now we have both as different genera we also have a new headache to Toy Animal Wiki. The only way is to follow the name brands gave to the figure when it exists.
Thanks for linking it. :d

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptyWed 08 Apr 2015, 10:28

Good old Brontosaurus cheers

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptySat 11 Apr 2015, 01:48

Roger wrote:
that's interesting although it is still under discussion. Now we have both as different genera we also have a new headache to Toy Animal Wiki. The only way is to follow the name brands gave to the figure when it exists.

I wold just go by what the company intended the model to be. If they called it a Brontosaurus, then its a Brontosaurus. If they called it a Apatosaurus, then its an Apatosaurus. Rather or not that the sculpts are accurate to the species should not be an issue, even if the model is Severely flawed (Like the Geoworld Megaraptor)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptySat 11 Apr 2015, 02:00

Takama wrote:
Roger wrote:

I wold just go by what the company intended the model to be. If they called it a Brontosaurus, then its a Brontosaurus. If they called it a Apatosaurus, then its an Apatosaurus. Rather or not that the sculpts are accurate to the species should not be an issue, even if the model is Severely flawed (Like the Geoworld Megaraptor)

Oh, I was trying to say that actually! My silly English! geek

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptySat 11 Apr 2015, 07:07

Perhaps we can wait a bit before changing? Wink

Roger wrote:

And that's what you said, at last what I understood with my macaque English Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptySat 11 Apr 2015, 10:27

Kikimalou wrote:
Perhaps we can wait a bit before changing?  Wink

Roger wrote:

And that's what you said, at last what I understood with my macaque English Laughing

Yes, Macaque English and Croc English are intelligible languages! cheers
Surely we'll wait to see if these two taxa turn official and if they are used in toy industry. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptySat 11 Apr 2015, 17:16

Oh, brontosaurus and apatosaurus already have their own pages at Wikipedia , distinction based in these 2015 studies. I believe not long time ago brontosaurus redirected to apatosaurus. Here is brontosaurus page.
I think it means that we can already change it on TAI? scratch

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus EmptyWed 21 Jun 2017, 21:47

Actually, Apatosaurus and Brontosaurus being considered as the same animal was never a problem for me as a child, because to me, they were just synonymous; in french language, synonyms are very common. For example, "jubarte" and "mégaptère" both determine the Humpback Whale; "mâcher" and "mastiquer" both mean "to chew". So, when we were young, my brother and I used both names for the animal, and we understood each other.
To be honest, the problems will start for me if we start to consider Apatosaurus and Brontosaurus as two different species. Which one is which? If only we knew what color they were...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus   Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus Empty

Back to top Go down

Brontosaurus is Back as a Valid Genus
Page 1 of 1