Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M Mini Series

Go down 
+4
Tarunyada
Roger
NightLioness
SUSANNE
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

K&M Mini Series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Honestly, you could call it whatever you want. In terms of shape it is more like Diadectes anyway.

While using Panini as a jumping point is useful for the sort-of generic figures, they were produced far later and wouldn't include the same animals.

As for conflating Camptosaurus with Parasaurolophus, given that they are kind of unrelated ornithopods (iguanodont vs hadrosaur) and one has a distinct crest, while the other has thumb spikes, I would not recommend it.

The assignment of the Pachycephalosaurus and Maiasaura would also be shaky, as those figures are pretty theropod-like. Which is what was tricky about them. Don't even get started on counting fingers and toes...

I'm also surprised that there aren't more of the sea creatures aren't pictured--I sent Beatrice a set of 8 when I sent here...a lot!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm

sbell wrote:
Honestly, you could call it whatever you want. In terms of shape it is more like Diadectes anyway.

While using Panini as a jumping point is useful for the sort-of generic figures, they were produced far later and wouldn't include the same animals.

As for conflating Camptosaurus with Parasaurolophus, given that they are kind of unrelated ornithopods (iguanodont vs hadrosaur) and one has a distinct crest, while the other has thumb spikes, I would not recommend it.

The assignment of the Pachycephalosaurus and Maiasaura would also be shaky, as those figures are pretty theropod-like. Which is what was tricky about them. Don't even get started on counting fingers and toes...

I'm also surprised that there aren't more of the sea creatures aren't pictured--I sent Beatrice a set of 8 when I sent here...a lot!

Beatrice will surely enter these figures on TAI later. She has an impressive contribution to te wiki and his collection is quite huge and she is taking new pictures of all her figures.
About your identifications, I am not questioning them. I trust more in you than in what these chubby figures intend to represent. Laughing The problem, is that often figures are marketed not exactly according with what is being represented and I've found it incredible how similar is this set when compared with Panini's. I am not talking about individual models but as a group of animals.
Conflating is my favorite personal sports, so don't get shocked if I call edmontonia to an edmontosaurus or brontotherium to a brontosaurus. This is not definitively my cup of tea and I am very thankful to you regarding this subject. Very Happy
So, before your last post, I changed some of them but if you think these work better the other way, I rename it back.
Arsinotherium, now Coelodonta
Diadectes now cynognatus
Edmontonia now Polacanthus
Maiasaura now Iguanodon
Megatherium now Moropus
Mosasaurus now Tylosaurus
Saichania now Palaeoscincus

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 8:22 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Beatrice will surely enter these figures on TAI later. She has an impressive contribution to te wiki and his collection is quite huge and she is taking new pictures of all her figures.
About your identifications, I am not questioning them. I trust more in you than in what these chubby figures intend to represent. Laughing The problem, is that often figures are marketed not exactly according with what is being represented and I've found it incredible how similar is this set when compared with Panini's. I am not talking about individual models but as a group of animals.
Conflating is my favorite personal sports, so don't get shocked if I call edmontonia to an edmontosaurus or brontotherium to a brontosaurus. This is not definitively my cup of tea and I am very thankful to you regarding this subject. Very Happy
So, before your last post, I changed some of them but if you think these work better the other way, I rename it back.
Arsinotherium, now Coelodonta
Diadectes now cynognatus  
Edmontonia now Polacanthus
Maiasaura now Iguanodon
Megatherium now Moropus
Mosasaurus now Tylosaurus
Saichania now Palaeoscincus

I think those can work.

Still don't like the little blue one as a cynodont of any kind...still looks more like a diadectimorph that anything else. But, yes, they are pretty generic overall...!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Those tiny figures are cute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:49 pm

SO great that this topic was brought forward again cheers

They are so lovely drunken

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Series   K&M Mini Series - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M Mini Series
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2