Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
Roger
Tarunyada
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) Empty
PostSubject: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:27 pm

It seems like ages where I have been sniffing round MPV drooling for the new donkey foal from Breyer.  tongue
And last week I just COULD not resist any longer  Embarassed

So in order to save on shipping (  Rolling Eyes  Laughing ) I had to get a few more models. And thus, now the new large Papo tiger is mine  cheers
And he IS huge ! He waight 475 gram and is 10,7 cm over the shoulder. I hope children don't start banging each other over the head with one of these  Shocked

He is also beautyful , and I am happy to be able to show you a small walkaround of him Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Compared to the large tiger from Safari's Wildlife Wonder series, which weighs 275 g, - 200 grams less that the Papo one .
Incredible how different artists can interpret the spirit of a tiger  Shocked

Compared to the standard size female with cub, - they have similar shape of body, but not head  Very Happy

Together with the standard male and female .  cat  cat  cat

cat cat cat cat

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Oh Susanne, what a wonderful figurine, congratulations! cheers And thank you so much the pictures! I think it's really great Papo's producing this new range of larger scaled figurines. I can't wait to see the wolf from this range bounce Thanks for sharing this beautiful feline!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 am

What a perfect walk around, Susanne! Very Happy Maybe Papo is starting their "Vanishing Wild" series and I am very curious to see if they ever release elephants at this scale. Very Happy I calculated it as around 1:9 scale, I see its size is not very different from Wild Life Wonders tiger that is at 1:10 scale so I was not far from the truth. Very Happy If I am correct, Schleich domestic cats are at the same scale as this tiger. Very Happy
It is also a bonus to have these pictures with standard sized versions.
WW tiger probably feels solide but these figures are hollow to save in weight, something that Safari decided to change and the reason why VW collection was discontinued to give room to the new WW series. I believe VW tigers are also close from 400g or so.
Will Kosta repaint one of these? Laughing bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 am

Thankyou, Julie and Roger Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 9:04 am

A great walkaround Susanne, thank you for the comparison with Safari WW tiger cheers
affraid 475 gram! This one hurts when it falls on your toe What a Face Laughing

Papo makes a big leap with this big heavy tiger and is doing a good job filling the market this way.
I really, really want to see a big gemsbok from them drunken

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:16 am

NightLioness wrote:
A great walkaround Susanne, thank you for the comparison with Safari WW tiger cheers
affraid 475 gram! This one hurts when it falls on your toe What a Face Laughing

Papo makes a big leap with this big heavy tiger and is doing a good job filling the market this way.
I really, really want to see a big gemsbok from them drunken

affraid Yes ! Auch, the toe Laughing

Uhh, yes ! A big gemsbok would be fine, - and also an impala like the new one bounce

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Yess, very interesting new step by Papo cheers
And I`m happy , that we already have chance to see this model in this great walkaround by Susanne :)
The tiger look`s nice, of course it is a Papo one :)
But for me it`s a bit strange, becouse the smaller models look more detailed as a texture...
And also I don`t understand why the paintgob is the same as the smaller models..even more poor ..hmmm.
It have to be opposite I think ...for bigger and more expensive model .. scratch

But it`s a good start for this size :)

Roger wrote:

Will Kosta repaint one of these? Laughing bounce bounce
Very Happy Wow ... maybe one day I`ll try .. Very Happy Uhh ...just to find time..
Please guys, if somebody know from where I can buy TIME...please tell me Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 5:24 pm

costicuba wrote:
Please guys, if somebody know from where I can buy TIME...please tell me Laughing

Laughing Laughing I think there would be a huge marked for that product Rolling Eyes Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Laughing Laughing I think there would be a huge marked for that product Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Laughing lol!

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks for sharing! Had no idea Papo was doing large figures? So with larger figures like the tiger they have the capability to make elephants(And other larger mammals) to relative to scale to their regular sized figures then.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:54 am

costicuba wrote:

But for me it`s a bit strange, becouse the smaller models look more detailed as a texture...
And also I don`t understand why the paintgob is the same as the smaller models..even more poor ..hmmm.
It have to be opposite I think ...for bigger and more expensive model .. scratch

I agree and understand your point though it is because the company wants to put it in an affordable price range. In a 3D world, twice the size means 8 times the volume. Papo regular tiger is slightly lighter than 100 g and this large tiger is almost 500g. Considering they use the same pvc formula, it means that Papo needs 5 times more material to do it. OK, It was surely not an excuse to be twice the price. Though, there's an investment in a new mold, I believe large moulds are more expensive than smaller ones. A painting layout, with the same plan of a smaller figure but performed in a larger figure makes it look less detailed once it is on a larger surface. If you want to keep it with an illusion of a similar quality, you need much more time and time is very precious when mass producing. About texture, it is always less conspicuous in large figures, maybe sculptors use the same exact tools and things like fur effect result minimalistic considering the large size of the figure. I am not sure of it however.
I am also convinced that the brand didn't want to risk too much in a top quality finishing in a collection that is just starting and nobody knows how it will be accepted. Maybe, if it is successful, they update the painting later.
OK, now I think I said silly things enough to make you giving up of reading my comment once you're busy. Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 1:38 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:

I agree and understand your point though it is because the company wants to put it in an affordable price range. In a 3D world, twice the size means 8 times the volume. Papo regular tiger is slightly lighter than 100 g and this large tiger is almost 500g. Considering they use the same pvc formula, it means that Papo needs 5 times more material to do it. OK, It was surely not an excuse to be twice the price. Though, there's an investment in a new mold, I believe large moulds are more expensive than smaller ones. A painting layout, with the same plan of a smaller figure but performed in a larger figure makes it look less detailed once it is on a larger surface. If you want to keep it with an illusion of a similar quality, you need much more time and time is very precious when mass producing. About texture, it is always less conspicuous in large figures, maybe sculptors use the same exact tools and things like fur effect result minimalistic considering the large size of the figure. I am not sure of it however.
I am also convinced that the brand didn't want to risk too much in a top quality finishing in a collection that is just starting and nobody knows how it will be accepted. Maybe, if it is successful, they update the painting later.
OK, now I think I said silly things enough to make you giving up of reading my comment once you're busy. Laughing

Haha Very Happy You don`t say silly things at all :)
You are right of course and I agree with you..
But still, this what you said : ``A painting layout, with the same plan of a smaller figure but performed in a larger figure makes it look less detailed once it is on a larger surface.`` ..it`s very true. Even I think the smaller model look`s better painted.
This one even doesn`t have white parts... The strips are very very wrong...look at the fase  What a Face
I think, that a bit more `` risk`` with the paintgob, will make more people to want this model and the big models in the future :)
And when I say ``better paintgob``, I don`t mean - a perfectly made. But just a bit more correct colors and strips :)
This will give more chance to the model, to be a successful :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:28 pm

costicuba wrote:
But still, this what you said : ``A painting layout, with the same plan of a smaller figure but performed in a larger figure makes it look less detailed once it is on a larger surface.`` ..it`s very true. Even I think the smaller model look`s better painted.
This one even doesn`t have white parts... The strips are very very wrong...look at the fase  What a Face
I think, that a bit more `` risk`` with the paintgob, will make more people to want this model and the big models in the future :)
And when I say ``better paintgob``, I don`t mean - a perfectly made. But just a bit more correct colors and strips :)
This will give more chance to the model, to be a successful :)

Even considering my dissertation explains at a certain point why the quality of this figure is not as good as it was expectable from Papo. I have to agree with you that it deserved a bigger effort in terms of paintjob. At that price range, the lack of quality can influence negatively the success of the figure. I agree also that large tiger has a lower quality in terms of paintjob when compared with the smaller figure.
They could easily choose other species requiring a less complex painting, a hippo, a rhino or an elephant, I'd love to see these species in large scale, though, tigers are a kind of Papo landmark, with the large one Papo already released 13 tiger figures, not counting with the tiger mutant. Papo is tiger, tiger is Papo, so surely they couldn't avoid releasing a tiger in this new series. Let's hope Papo will update the painting in next years. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:42 pm

I love to follow the friendly discussion between two such gentle carnivores Crocodile cat cheers

We have often seen Papo change the paintwork of their models, and we can hope thay do it with this one also  Rolling Eyes
When talking about wishes for ne, large models, I surely hope they will make some that Safari didn't already make for their Wildlife Wonders Wink

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:07 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I love to follow the friendly discussion between two such gentle carnivores Crocodile cat cheers

cheers Very Happy
Again , you are right Roger :)
And like You and Susanne, I also hope, that in the future, Papo will update the painting of this model.
Ohh, I will never get tired of Papo tigers ... ``Papo is tiger, tiger is Papo..`` Very Happy
And I can`t wait for the new one for this year ...it look`s amazing on the catalogue photo cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:34 am

Well, even if we are not so lucky as to have a Kosta style repaint, I do hope some members choose to repaint it.

PostSubject: Re: The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)   tiger - The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The LARGE tiger 50178 from Papo 2016 :-)
Page 1 of 1