Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A variation of the roaring Papo lion!

Go down 
+12
Tarunyada
JamesPanda
Kikimalou
Mxb
LukaLeon085
Numa
SUSANNE
donny ong
Roger
Florian
widukind
NightLioness
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! Empty
PostSubject: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:40 pm

So last week me and my boyfriend went to a city and went shopping.
One toy store sold some Papo. I grabbed a ring-tailed lemur and I also saw a roaring lion...
I already have the roaring lion, but this one was different I thought. I bought it to see if it really was different.

And it is! Look!

Left one is my old roaring Papo lion, right one is the new one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very interesting! Both are made in china and both are from the same year...

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Nice lions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Wow it is indeed a big difference ! Congrats Karin Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 9:40 pm

That's an interesting variation, this lion was also sold outside of wildlife series, together with human figures but I can't remember the exact series. That's a very interesting variation, thanks for showing! Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 2:10 am

Very interesting. I like the eyebrows detail of the new one.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 8:31 am

GREAT find !!! cheers
Well done to have spotted that, - it can be hard to remember the shade of the one at home Applause Very Happy

Previously Papo mde a lot of variations, but I think it is rare these days...or ??? scratch

Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am

I cant see the images? Can someone repost?

thank you :-)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Numaan wrote:

The server seems to be extremely slow tonight. I can't see pictures now either scratch

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 10:14 am

I like this variant, in the first the line of mouth is highlighted.

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 10:55 am

Numaan wrote:

Hope you can see them now? :3

Country/State : Usa/fl

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 2:12 am

Looks like tgis is an immitation figure. I ordered a papo lion from amazon and received this variation figure. If you look under the lion's bellt it will say the brand name as "papp" not "papo". Clearly a fake!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 am

Mxb wrote:
Looks like tgis is an immitation figure. I ordered a papo lion from amazon and received this variation figure. If you look under the lion's bellt it will say the brand name as "papp" not "papo". Clearly a fake!!

Thank you for the tip Very Happy

So Karin, what is write on your lion belly? bounce
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 8:12 am

Mxb wrote:

Welcome here !! and thanks for the heads up !!

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Mxb wrote:

Thank you for the tip Very Happy

So Karin, what is write on your lion belly? bounce

Mxb is right o.0 Welcome here Very Happy

On the belly of the lion is indeed the Papp 2014 mark.
But I bought mine from a store that sells legit Papo all the time.
So never crossed the thought of it being a fake trough my mind.

But I do not think this is a fake.
As it has the little black numbers on its belly, there is a mark (even written wrong XD) and the lower jaw is glued on.
I could be wrong of course, but most fakes I have seen do not tent to be that good in making a mark, adding a number and adding details like gluing on the lower jaw.
And if it is a 'real' fake, that it is a darn good one o.0 Laughing

But on the other hand, Papo would not making the mistake to type Papp on the belly of its lions, right? scratch study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by NightLioness on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:45 am

I want the variant lion! Where can I buy it? Or trade?

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 am

I have contacted Papo, curious what they will reply :3

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 pm

We have a new member and a new mistery! bounce bounce

Country/State : Usa/fl

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!! Smile

Looking forward to Papo's reply.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Mxb wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome!! Smile

Looking forward to Papo's reply.

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Karin, could you check if their weight is the exact same? Often these figures are made of a slightly different pvc formula resulting in different weights. study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Roger wrote:
We have a new member and a new mistery! bounce bounce

Yes ! Yes ! A christmas mystery santa Cool Laughing

:cheers:Wellcome here MXB ! cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Roger wrote:
Karin, could you check if their weight is the exact same? Often these figures are made of a slightly different pvc formula resulting in different weights. study

Papo lion is 123 grams and the Papp Lion is 106 grams.
So that is a big difference for a small model.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, just as I suspected and the original is heavier as usual. That's a difference relevant enough to indicate that the manufacturing is not the same. Thanks for providing that information, now we have to find what is Papp and if you see a PAPP fox just let me know. Laughing

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, just as I suspected and the original is heavier as usual. That's a difference relevant enough to indicate that the manufacturing is not the same. Thanks for providing that information, now we have to find what is Papp and if you see a PAPP fox just let me know. Laughing

I hope to get a reply from Papo soon, but I don't have my hopes up XD The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I bought it in a store that sells legit Papo.
It stood in the same display, together with the ring-tailed lemur with baby on back that I bought the same day, and it has Papo on its belly.
So how come that just this lion is a Papp and the others are Papo?

Laughing will let you know when I find a Papp fox :3
Searching for Papp results in a very catchy song that get stuck in your head very fast... lol!

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Very interesting, Karin! Congratulations on getting it and thank you very much for sharing this. I'm really curious about Papo's reply, keep us informed Smile (I know you will xD)

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A variation of the roaring Papo lion!   papo - A variation of the roaring Papo lion! Empty

Back to top Go down

A variation of the roaring Papo lion!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next