Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Dogs

Go down 
+7
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
widukind
SUSANNE
Shanti
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Funrise Dogs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 am

Hmm. From the photos on the back of the card, those models aren't half bad and easily recognizable as to breed. I like the shepherd you have, and that poodle better than many I see.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm

So many lovely Funrise dogs, and of course another challenging set of figures to list on TAW, but that GSD is a wonderful model to add! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 8:58 pm

I bought the brown poodle with the 2015 re issue of the Beagle so may be that's the re issue colour and the black one the original.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Taos wrote:
I bought the brown poodle with the 2015 re issue of the Beagle so may be that's the re issue colour and the black one the original.
Yes, that's right, this brown boodle was the re issue from 2015! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 12:43 am

Why don't you put the pictures of the blister cards as well on the Funrise page of TAW? They are almost as important as the figures themselves in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Why don't you put the pictures of the blister cards as well on the Funrise page of TAW? They are almost as important as the figures themselves in my opinion!

We normally do not use pictures on TAW without the permission of the owner. It is a picture I found on EBAY.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

We normally do not use pictures on TAW without the permission of the owner. It is a picture I found on EBAY.

And what about the blister cards of the Funrise horses? Were they taken from Ebay too?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 11:38 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

And what about the blister cards of the Funrise horses? Were they taken from Ebay too?

Yes, they are but we can always put links to the forum topics.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes, but Ebay pictures come and go with the sales... That is a shame we don't have any Funrise blister card to ourselves. I love blister cards. Not only they are precious sources of informations, but they also often are interesting pieces of art. For example, what would the Soma page look like without the blister cards? It would not be as eye-catching as it is!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 11:50 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes, but Ebay pictures come and go with the sales... That is a shame we don't have any Funrise blister card to ourselves. I love blister cards. Not only they are precious sources of informations, but they also often are interesting pieces of art. For example, what would the Soma page look like without the blister cards? It would not be as eye-catching as it is!

Sure, Soma page gets clearly enriched with the blistercards pictured. However, as long as a page gets close to being complete as it is the Funrise Horses page, the blistercard gains a kind of accessory importance. However, it is always useful to have it for reference.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 6:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Sure, Soma page gets clearly enriched with the blistercards pictured. However, as long as a page gets close to being complete as it is the Funrise Horses page, the blistercard gains a kind of accessory importance. However, it is always useful to have it for reference.

And for the sake of the show!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 2:57 am

. . . and since I'm here, with my new Funrise creatures, here's some dogs as well! A lucky find with most of this set, actually, for not $16 a piece (which is how I kept finding them).

A Bull Terrier 1988 (possibly my favorite of the set)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C Beagle 1988

D English Bulldog 1988

E Afghan 1988 (my other favorite)

F Collie 1988

G Irish Setter 1988 (also like this one a lot, as did his last owner I think!)

I Boxer 1988

L Saint Bernard 1988 (this was someone's favorite, I think! So well loved!)

Even though the paint work is very much like all the other Funrise animals (i.e. not much to write home about), I think they are nice sculpts. Nothing too flashy, but I love a good lineup like this. Easy to put next to each other on the shelf, everyone is looking the same direction. Wink
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 3:39 am

As funny as their horses are, I agree- these dogs really tend to be decent sculpts.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 9:20 am

And you have now found the wonderful Funrise dogs! cheers cheers cheers
I agree, I love that Bull Terrier too, a great representation of the breed and as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says a wonderful sculpt like they all have! cheers He has really nice overall proportions which really shows the overall strength of this breed- powerful in a small body!
The Bulldog is similar in this regard, I love the face and the way the white quite softly blends into the brown- I can imagine he has a lovely wrinkly expression! I agree about the Afghan too, there aren't many nice models of this breed and it would be wonderful to have more! This model definitely shows its elegance with that curved tail! cheers A collie too, I couldn't miss that model!! A lovely dog, with those pricked ears and tongue out, and the fur has been really well done, although maybe she could have had more of the 'ruff' around her neck and some white paint for this to be even more of a mini representation of the true breed. But that's just being perfectionist, she is a wonderful model again and the sculpt is better than most collies I know! Very Happy
I really love that Irish setter too, wow! drunken Maybe because the sculpt could easily be a Golden Retriever too, the direction of where the fur falls gives him that lovely silky/ fluffy look! A fantastic series and great new additions to your growing collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Wonderful, congratulations for finding all these models. Interesting that they are 8.
I added all of them for first series on TAW and defintely the letters have nothing to do with the blister. It is again a Dalmatian missing to get it complete on TAW. It seems these sellers cannot get ride of their Dalmatians. Laughing About their design, I enjoy their consistency, it is easy to see they are all from the same collection. It could result quite boring in a huge range like Schleich or Safari but those are sets of 12. The way they were sold also contribute to their design once they were available in blister cards and eventually cases, so they needed to get confined to certain dimmensions. It also explains their straight poses.

Here is a picture of a blister borrowed from E-bay.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:50 am

Jill wrote:
. . . and since I'm here, with my new Funrise creatures, here's some dogs as well! A lucky find with most of this set, actually, for not $16 a piece (which is how I kept finding them).

A Bull Terrier 1988 (possibly my favorite of the set)

C Beagle 1988

D English Bulldog 1988

E Afghan 1988 (my other favorite)

F Collie 1988

G Irish Setter 1988 (also like this one a lot, as did his last owner I think!)

I Boxer 1988

L Saint Bernard 1988 (this was someone's favorite, I think! So well loved!)

Even though the paint work is very much like all the other Funrise animals (i.e. not much to write home about), I think they are nice sculpts. Nothing too flashy, but I love a good lineup like this. Easy to put next to each other on the shelf, everyone is looking the same direction. Wink  

It seems you are very devoted to Funrise!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:43 pm

I do really love the horses and dogs! :)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:50 pm

Jill wrote:
I do really love the horses and dogs! :)

Do you have the cats?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:57 pm

I don't! I like them a lot as well, that will probably be the next set I set my eyes on, though they seem a little bit harder to come by than the dogs (and much harder than the horses!).
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:02 pm

Bonnie wrote:
And you have now found the wonderful Funrise dogs! cheers cheers cheers
I agree, I love that Bull Terrier too, a great representation of the breed and as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says a wonderful sculpt like they all have! cheers He has really nice overall proportions which really shows the overall strength of this breed- powerful in a small body!
The Bulldog is similar in this regard, I love the face and the way the white quite softly blends into the brown- I can imagine he has a lovely wrinkly expression! I agree about the Afghan too, there aren't many nice models of this breed and it would be wonderful to have more! This model definitely shows its elegance with that curved tail! cheers A collie too, I couldn't miss that model!! A lovely dog, with those pricked ears and tongue out, and the fur has been really well done, although maybe she could have had more of the 'ruff' around her neck and some white paint for this to be even more of a mini representation of the true breed. But that's just being perfectionist, she is a wonderful model again and the sculpt is better than most collies I know! Very Happy
I really love that Irish setter too, wow! drunken Maybe because the sculpt could easily be a Golden Retriever too, the direction of where the fur falls gives him that lovely silky/ fluffy look! A fantastic series and great new additions to your growing collection! cheers
I love your assessments of the dog models, you always have something kind to say about even the strangest models. Laughing I agree, the collie need a lot more fluff!

I saw someone advertise the Setter as a Golden, so he's definitely versatile. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Roger wrote:
The way they were sold also contribute to their design once they were available in blister cards and eventually cases, so they needed to get confined to certain dimmensions. It also explains their straight poses.
I hadn't thought about that, but that does explain both the horse and dog uniformity. Works for me, because I can fit a lot more of them into tiny spaces this way.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
The way they were sold also contribute to their design once they were available in blister cards and eventually cases, so they needed to get confined to certain dimmensions. It also explains their straight poses.
I hadn't thought about that, but that does explain both the horse and dog uniformity. Works for me, because I can fit a lot more of them into tiny spaces this way.

Straight poses can also be explained by the fact that in dog shows, they teach dogs to stand straight so the judges see the exact proportions of the animal. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:15 pm

Jill wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
I love your assessments of the dog models, you always have something kind to say about even the strangest models. Laughing  I agree, the collie need a lot more fluff!

I saw someone advertise the Setter as a Golden, so he's definitely versatile. Wink

I have in my notes that the Setter was reissued in 2015 as a Golden Retriever.

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Straight poses can also be explained by the fact that in dog shows, they teach dogs to stand straight so the judges see the exact proportions of the animal. What do you think?

I think you're thinking correctly and both explanations work nicely together. The Dog series is even called International champion Dog collection. The same concept was used for Horses once it is called International Show Horse collection. Though, regarding horses, I know not all breeds in these sets are of horses used in International shows.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:31 pm

What a great collection! I think I like the Bull Terrier best (it's a favorite breed of mine) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Shanti wrote:
What a great collection! I think I like the Bull Terrier best (it's a favorite breed of mine) Very Happy

I think the Funrise Bull Terrier looks a lot like what the breed looked a hundred years ago. At that time, Bull Terriers were used to work (like pulling weights) and their shape was very different. Their bridge (scission between the forhead and the nose) was very pronounced at that time, while it is almost unexistant today. Plus, the legs of the figure show very visible articulations, while the modern Bull Terrier has legs so straight they almost seem articulation-free. So, to me, the figure shows the former shape of the breed. No?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Dogs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next