Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Dogs

Go down 
+7
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
widukind
SUSANNE
Shanti
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Funrise Dogs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 pm

I think you're right, @BowheadWhale. Same for the English Bulldog, this one isn't as low and wide as the modern iteration. All of them seem a little more "moderate" than many examples these days, at least, which is an interesting observation.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 8:12 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Shanti wrote:
What a great collection! I think I like the Bull Terrier best (it's a favorite breed of mine) Very Happy

I think the Funrise Bull Terrier looks a lot like what the breed looked a hundred years ago. At that time, Bull Terriers were used to work (like pulling weights) and their shape was very different. Their bridge (scission between the forhead and the nose) was very pronounced at that time, while it is almost unexistant today. Plus, the legs of the figure show very visible articulations, while the modern Bull Terrier has legs so straight they almost seem articulation-free. So, to me, the figure shows the former shape of the breed. No?

Yes, this is very true!! I have some books about this breeds and the earlier specimen of this breed look a lot like this Funrise dog! Much more like a dog should look like, very sound!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Shanti wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Shanti wrote:
What a great collection! I think I like the Bull Terrier best (it's a favorite breed of mine) Very Happy

I think the Funrise Bull Terrier looks a lot like what the breed looked a hundred years ago. At that time, Bull Terriers were used to work (like pulling weights) and their shape was very different. Their bridge (scission between the forhead and the nose) was very pronounced at that time, while it is almost unexistant today. Plus, the legs of the figure show very visible articulations, while the modern Bull Terrier has legs so straight they almost seem articulation-free. So, to me, the figure shows the former shape of the breed. No?

Yes, this is very true!! I have some books about this breeds and the earlier specimen of this breed look a lot like this Funrise dog! Much more like a dog should look like, very sound!

I restrained myself from saying it, but that is exactly what I also think deep inside: many dog breeds looked a lot healthier and better built than what they look today, poor creatures... Sad
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 3:32 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Shanti wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Shanti wrote:

I restrained myself from saying it, but that is exactly what I also think deep inside: many dog breeds looked a lot healthier and better built than what they look today, poor creatures... Sad

AMEN!!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 4:22 am

I will join the bandwagon here. I much prefer the look of many breeds from 100 years ago, simply from a health and soundness perspective. I think it is amazing that we can manipulate the genetics of this animal so easily (research has shown wolves and the resulting domestic dog have unique markers for this amongst other animals) but we have taken this power and abused it in too many cases. Health and soundness is the biggest reason why when I decided to buy a dog I chose the Decker Rat Terrier as it hasn't been AKC accepted yet and still has many of its original traits and suffers very little from breed inherited health conditions. Here is an interesting comparative article of several breeds today and their century old counterparts:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I will join the bandwagon here. I much prefer the look of many breeds from 100 years ago, simply from a health and soundness perspective. I think it is amazing that we can manipulate the genetics of this animal so easily (research has shown wolves and the resulting domestic dog have unique markers for this amongst other animals) but we have taken this power and abused it in too many cases. Health and soundness is the biggest reason why when I decided to buy a dog I chose the Decker Rat Terrier as it hasn't been AKC accepted yet and still has many of its original traits and suffers very little from breed inherited health conditions. Here is an interesting comparative article of several breeds today and their century old counterparts:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That is such an interesting article and also a sad one too just showing what we have done to dogs Crying or Very sad . Luckily I think some people in the dog world are beginning to see the damage done and make more of an effort, I know that the Kennel Club here now disqualifies dogs that show features that are too exaggerated ( Like overly small eyes/ weak hind legs in the Rough Collie) but there is still so much to be done for our dogs and I really hope that their future will be a positive one. I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Tathiela

Country/State : USA NY

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:16 am

I just found this guy in a goodwill. Is he the original 1988 version?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tathiela on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:20 am

Tathiela wrote:

Welcome on forum! Very Happy
Which one do you mean? The black poodle?

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:25 am

Roger wrote:
Tathiela wrote:

No, I found a Dalmatian but can’t figure out how to upload the photos. Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:34 am

Tathiela wrote:
Roger wrote:
Tathiela wrote:

No, I found a Dalmatian but can’t figure out how to upload the photos. Sad

A new member can't post links during the first 7 days. Please e-mail the link or the photo to me and I add it to your post.

Last edited by Roger on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tathiela

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:42 am

Sent!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:48 am

Tathiela wrote:

Sent!

OK, done but I just adjusted it because your pictures were showing as thumbnails when I edited your post.
Replying to your question. Yes, this is the original model.

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:55 am

Roger wrote:
Tathiela wrote:

Sent!

OK, done but I just adjusted it because your pictures were showing as thumbnails when I edited your post.

Cool! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:56 am

Tathiela wrote:
Roger wrote:
Tathiela wrote:

Sent!

Cool! Thank you!

You're welcome! I forgot to tell yyou that the earlier versions were sold in blisters like these while the latter versions were sold with tags like Schleich models, for instance.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 1:44 am

Tathiela wrote:
Welcome! What an incredible Goodwill find, congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 3:08 am

I wish I could find something like that in a goodwill near my home...
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Great find!The card with the photos of the dogs is interesting as the English Springer looks like its black and white and the mine is brown and white!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 7:36 pm

Great find! I would love to find that afghan someday.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great find! I would love to find that afghan someday.

Put it in your long wishlist! bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 4:41 am

I'm gonna have to. Wink What's one more right?

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 9:34 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I'm gonna have to. Wink What's one more right?

By curiosity, do you own any Funrise Dog?
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 3:30 am

I'll photograph ASAP, but one of my finds today was the boxer. Too bad it wasn't the shepherd! (Though I did find some nice porcelain ones)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 10:44 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
I'll photograph ASAP, but one of my finds today was the boxer. Too bad it wasn't the shepherd! (Though I did find some nice porcelain ones)

I didn't know you collected dogs...
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 5:12 am

I do collect some dogs! But this was a flea market find, and I'll pick up some things I think others will like as trade bait. Such is the case with this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Dogs   Funrise Dogs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Dogs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3