Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+32
Roger
Leyster
Saarlooswolfhound
sunny
Ana
thebritfarmer
Joliezac
Loon
George
Farm collector
Jill
Babdo
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Shanti
sphyrna18
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
costicuba
Wilorvise
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
Melekh
bjarki12
pipsxlch
Blublub
WhiteLightning Wolf
Lennart
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
Woodlander
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

1/32 scale animals - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am

I also found this nice collection of Reisler wild animals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They are just shown as "toy animals" Laughing

There are probably more from people who don't know what they are Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Thanks a lot, Susanne! Lots of interesting figures on this website. I also got the Reisler lioness and walking lion cub, so I am hoping I can find the lion and sitting cub to make the lion set complete. The red deer, ostrich, zebra, tigers and perhaps bactrian camel may also be 1/32 scale. How tall is the Clairet man on TAW?

Thanks for your judgement on the otter, Rogério. I'll go with the opinion of the expert Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 3:16 pm

He is 5,6 cm tall Very Happy

The zebra is very large compared to the others .

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Here they are with the lioness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you want any of them, I'll ask my friend to look out for them.

It seems I must have given my doubles of the wild animals away, because I almost only have a zillion cows Rolling Eyes Laughing

OR : I just came to think of it :

You may find them on German Ebay !!!
There were more Reislers sold in Germany than in Denmark !

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 5:00 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Great to see them all together, a very beautiful set. When I have a bit more time, I need to measure them accurately, but the zebra looks about the right size to me. Ebay Germany is where I found my Reislers, but they don't seem to come up so frequently.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Let me show you a few more Qualias, this time from the Sunshine and Toba Aquarium sets. They were released only last year, so I thought some of you may be interested to see what they look like. Here are all four figures I got:

As with the turtles set, the bases make it a very colourful display. I thought four figures would make a full circle, but as you can see, five are needed. The zebra shark and Baikal seal are from the Sunshine Aquarium Join Collection. The zebra shark has a length of 7.2/230 cm. Here it is next to a Colorata zebra shark I also recently got:

I don’t know from which set the Colorata is. It isn’t in one of the current shark sets; it is marked “2002”, so perhaps it was part of an older set. The Colorata is 7.8/250 cm. The Aquarium of the Pacific says that these sharks are 2-3.5 m in length with an average of 2.6 m.

The Baikal seal may not look so striking, but as the only Baikal seal on TAW, it is quite unique. Its length is 4.7/150 cm. Wikipedia says that Baikal seals typically grow to 1.1–1.4 m in length and that the maximum reported size is 1.65 m, so it’s quite a large one in 1:32 scale.

I wondered how Baikal seals ended up in Lake Baikal, which is about 1500 km from the nearest sea, but the lake is connected to the Arctic Ocean via a system of rivers. It’s a very long swim of almost 3000 km, but clearly a few made it at some point. Here it is next to the Colorata spotted seal:

The loggerhead sea turtle and sea otter are from the Toba Aquarium Collection. The loggerhead turtle has a carapace length of 2.7/86 cm. Here it is together with the loggerhead from the Qualia sea turtles set, which is the same size:

They are quite similar, but not completely the same. By the way, the bases of the turtles set do not join with the Sunshine and Toba Aquarium sets.

Finally, the sea otter. Animal Diversity Web and Wikipedia say that males measure 1.2 to 1.5 m in length (without tail), while females measure 1 to 1.4 m. My estimate is that the Qualia is about 4.2/134 cm, but it’s so curled up that it is hard to tell. Better to ask forum experts, so I have put it beside the 5.4/173 cm zookeeper. What do you think, is it 1:32 scale?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:16 am

I think your Colorata zebra Shark is from the Ocean Kingdom set. Check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now it is your turn, what is the man with the broom doing? scratch affraid

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:25 am

Roger wrote:

...some knd of spa procedure... scratch ... Laughing

By the way , these Sunshine and Toba Aquarium sets are really nice :)

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:36 am

Those Sunshine and Toba Aquarium sets are fascinating Roger.

The last image mixing vintage and modern is truly wonderful.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 am

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Jesus!!! affraid lol!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 am

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

...some knd of spa procedure... scratch ... Laughing .........

lol! lol!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm

The Baikal seal drunken drunken

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 6:23 pm

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Something like that. But strange things happen in my 1:32 scale wildlife reserve. The sea otter is under water, but the zookeeper manages to keep himself dry.

Thanks everyone for their comments. What are the opinions? Is the sea otter 1:32 scale? I find it hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Laughing Laughing Not easy to tame a flock of collectors, is it ? geek

Well, hard to say exactly, but when I look at THIS, and consider that the man is not very large, it seems about right. study

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 pm

I also think it is decently sized for your project. Thanks for link Susanne! flower

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 1:35 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Something like that. But strange things happen in my 1:32 scale wildlife reserve. The sea otter is under water, but the zookeeper manages to keep himself dry.

affraid Now, that is what I call : really hard , but professional work ! Laughing

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Well, hard to say exactly, but when I look at  THIS, and consider that the man is not very large, it seems about right. study

Thanks, this film is useful. The Qualia seems a bit larger than the sea otter in the film, but then the one in the film doesn't seem to have the maximum 1.5 m length, so it may be a small one or a female.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 10:05 pm

Roger wrote:
I think your Colorata zebra Shark is from the Ocean Kingdom set. Check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  
Thanks a lot, expert knowledge!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Let's come back to this Britains "seal" once more:

In the Britains 1940 catalogue (when it was still made in metal), it was listed as a SEA LION Shocked.

I wonder why Britains changed the species from sea lion to seal.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:44 am

I think it corroborates with my own stubbornness. Laughing My first post about the subject is what I think about this new question.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:13 am

I think you may be right, people are often confused about seals and sea lions. Britains may have decided to "help" these confused people by renaming their sea lion to a seal.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Excellent topic and some wonderful models!! Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 6:17 pm

As you may remember, I bought quite a few Marolins a little while ago. I bought them new, but these animal models are probably better known as Veb Plaho, under which name they were sold in the 70s and 80s, when the company was state-owned by the DDR. Quite a few are in 1:32 scale, and I’d like to show you some today. I am away from my usual home during the corona virus lock-down and I forgot to take some of the measurements, but the missing ones aren’t so critical.

I am going to compare Marolin with another German brand, Hausser Elastolin, which produced animal models in a similar scale (54 mm) at around the same time as Veb Plaho (though Elastolin was based in West Germany). Both produced their models in “Weich Plastik”, a soft, bendable plastic and they have a somewhat similar style.

Let’s start with perhaps the most common species in 1:32 scale, the brown bear. On the left, we have the Marolin adult bear and cubs and on the right the Hausser Elastolins. The Marolins aren’t too bad, but Elastolin made many great young animals and their bear cubs are amongst them.

The Marolin adult bear has a shoulder height of 3.6/115 cm. I forgot to measure the Elastolin bear, but both are clearly 1:32 scale.

Another common species is the lion, of course. The five left-most lions and the lying lion are Marolins. Again, the Elastolin cubs are super cute, but the Marolins are quite all right too. I like the Marolin standing male lion, perhaps better than the male Elastolin lions. The Elastolin lioness is also very good.

I only measured the Marolin lion, which is 3.4/109 cm at the shoulder. On p. 1 of this topic, I mentioned that male lions are up to 112 cm, but I recently found an article by Ferreira and Tunston in 2010 that showed that male lions measured between 97 and 118 cm (using photo measurements) and another article by Tefera in 2003 that showed a mean height of 110 cm. The Elastolin standing lion is a bit smaller than the Marolin, so he should be fine for 1:32 scale too.

Normally, lionesses are smaller than lions, but this isn’t the case with the Marolin and Elastolin lions. The shoulder height of the Marolin is 3.4/112 cm while that of the Elastolin is harder to measure, but she is 3.2/102 cm at the hip. The article by Ferreira and Tunston showed that lionesses are between 82 and 100 cm, while that by Tefera showed a mean height of 98 cm. Based on the latter article, I’d say the Elastolin is probably OK, but the Marolin isn’t.

Less common in 1:32 scale are camels. Here we have the dromedaries. Again, we have the Marolins on the left and the Elastolins on the right. They have a very similar style and they are great as a group.

Wikipedia and ADW say that male dromedaries stand 1.8-2 m at the shoulder, while females are 1.7-1.9 m tall. Information from Dimensions Guide is useful because it also mentions hump height (2.13 m; 1.8-1.98 m shoulder height). The Marolin dromedary has an approximate shoulder height of 5.7/182 cm and a hump height of 6.6/211 cm, while the Elastolin is 6.0/192 and 6.8/218 cm respectively.

Both companies also made Bactrian camels. The Elastolin adult isn’t 1:32 scale though and the calf is probably not quite right for this scale either. Fortunately, I prefer the Marolins. I especially like the calf; it isn’t so common to find lying animals.

The Marolin Bactrian camel has a shoulder height of 5.4/173 cm and a hump height of 6.5/205 cm, the Elastolin is 6.4/205 and 7.5/240 cm respectively. The size information about Bactrian camels that I found is a bit confusing. According to Wikipedia and ADW, their shoulder height is 1.8-2.3 m and average hump height is 2.13 m, but given the average hump height it makes more sense to me if the 1.8-2.3 m is the hump height range. This would also correspond better to San Diego’s Zoo information, which says they are 1.6 to 1.8 meters tall at shoulder. There is also an article by Zhao (Types and breeds of the Chinese Bactrian camel) reporting actual measurements of a large number of camels with heights between 1.66 and 1.83 cm. Unfortunately, no indication of whether this is hump or shoulder height, but I suppose it must be shoulder height. Finally, Dimensions guide says 2.13 m hump height and 157-180 cm shoulder height. My conclusion is that the Marolin is 1:32 scale, but the Hausser Elastolin is not.

Of course, Britains also made Bactrian camels (but no dromedaries). The early adult camel (behind) is 5.5/176 cm at the shoulder (7.0/224 cm at hump) and the late camel (front) is 5.3/170 cm and 6.6/211 cm. Together, they are a great caravan.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm

I really enjoy a lot your topic. This post comparing Marolin and Elastolin is a treasure.
I think you are right about the bactrian camels and these first measurements are the height at the hump and not the shoulders. I also like better the Marolin Bactrians, I was not even aware of this lying calf, although I love so much also the Elastolin versions. Most of the other figures represented here work nicely together.

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next