Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?

Go down 
+27
Birdsage
Joliezac
Night_Friesian
kellyL
George
Mumm
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Advicot
Bonnie
sbell
Saarlooswolfhound
Jennypurr
halichoeres
Rhombo Eric
Anne from Norway
NightLioness
bmathison1972
aschuck
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
RedSetter
Taos
widukind
Thylacineotway
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 11:19 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends,

Well, you're probably wonderin, by now, just how many figures I have in my collection? Well, I can tell you that, if you don't count the lego, playmobil, plush, and sand filled stuff, the total of my collection comes out to 1723, and that's counting current figures, and ones that are "coming soon." Well, that's the news currently, so I'll keep you all posted as to new additions, and all that. Also, Bmathison1972, you, like me, have purged  some figures from your collection. ,what was your reasoning behind this decision? I'm just asking, because my reason was that I was collecting too many doubles, and lots of figures from brands that I didn't like as much.  That was my reason, so what was yours?  Just wondering.

Aschuck

I purged for space considerations. Most are beetle figures by Japanese companies; these companies tend to make the same species over and over again, and was trimming down numbers for commonly made species (for example, for the hercules beetle Dynastes hercules, I think I went from 50 figures of that species to about 21 or so)
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: The Real total this time.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 3:58 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've gone through my collection from top to bottom, again, and here is the Real full total (this is if you count everything): 2135. This total might change, at some point, because I've ordered a few lego sets for my collection, but right now, things haven't changed much. I'll let you know if the total increases at all.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The revised real total   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 4:38 am

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I recalculated my total of my collection. Here it is, with a category called "shells and statues," added in:

The current total, if you include the shells and statues, is 2573. I know, I know, some of you might be pretty impressed by this total, but what can I say? I mean, is it wrong, when counting your collection, to include sea shells, and shark bones1 and driftwood, and rocks? I don't think it's wrong at all, if anything this sort of collection enhances the experience, for me, anyway. And also, as a blind myself, I've always liked sea shells. Anyway, if any of you think this total is good, then let me know, by all means! I'd like to hear from you.

No new additions yet, but maybe there'll be some later this week.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: the total of just my figures.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 4:47 am

Dear Sts Friends:

I know what I wrote in the last post was pretty impressive, as far as the numbers go, but here's the thing, if you want to know the total of plastic figures I have, well then, that comes out to 1723, and still going up. By the way, is anyone else excited for the Safari 2023 releases? Just wondering. Anyway, now you know what's really happening in my collection, and so far, things are looking good.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Should trees be counted too?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Dear sts friends:

Hi guys, hey, I have a question: when counting my models, should I include trees and plants and animal skulls in my total? Just wondering, because my elves have started a sculpture garden, and I don't know what to do about the trees and such. Anyway, if anyone has an answer to this question, then your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 11, 2022 7:01 am

hello brous I have been collecting since I was 3 years old when in some coin machines there were animals in the stalls of the zoo in the markets the bags of animals tubes When I turned 6-7 I started with the Schleich, which was the first brand I saw in the zoovenirs of my city in Mexico and to date I am typecast with Schelich. Now that I'm 24, I've gotten pieces here with some members, exchanges where I hope to continue like this in the future and get to know each other and have more friends. since just a few months ago or a year I think I just joined
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 11, 2022 3:05 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear sts friends:

Hi guys, hey, I have a question: when counting my models, should I include trees and plants and animal skulls in my total? Just wondering, because my elves have started a sculpture garden, and I don't know what to do about the trees and such. Anyway, if anyone has an answer to this question, then your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aschuck

You can count each and than you can also count together. I would only count the animal figures

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Still going strong   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 6:42 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, to answer the main question of this topic, I've only seriously been collecting since 2016. Before that, I collected off and on, but when I was a kid, I really didn't have a collection that was ecognized as mine, if that makes sense. Anyway, as to the number of models in my collection, if you count the people and the animals, minus the plush, lego, sand-filled, and playmobil, the total comes out to 1818. See, in 2016, I started a sort of contract with safari ltd, which really helped my collection out a lot. Now, several years later, my collection still grows, day by day. Well, I hope this post makes sense to all of you. I must admit, my childhood was sort of fun, but it was only later that I found out I was really a collector at heart.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Valter Moura

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 7:48 pm

Hello everyone in this forum!
I've got almost 1.000 miniatures! I've got a new channel on youtube, where I show the figurines in short videos. Please, if possible, visit my page on youtube: "livros e bichos" and subcribe!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 7:56 pm

Valter Moura wrote:
Hello everyone in this forum!
I've got almost 1.000 miniatures! I've got a new channel on youtube, where I show the figurines in short videos. Please, if possible, visit my page on youtube: "livros e bichos" and subcribe!

Welcome on STS, I hope you will enjoy our village cheers

Please send a link to your youtube: "livros e bichos" Wink
Back to top Go down
Valter Moura

PostSubject: My figurine collection   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 8:12 pm

Hello everyone!

Bellow the link of my new channel on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/@livros_e_bichos

Please, if possible, visit my channel! I´m making short videos about my miniatures (I intend to post 2 short videos by week). I've got near 1.000 figurines, so the work will be hard!
I've been studying zoology since my childhood and I created this channel to talk about animals and hobbies. I speak about animal books (in Portuguese language, but I think that is possible to use subtitles in English). I like to draw animals too, and I´m planning to make short videos about my drawings.

I hope to see all of you in my page!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 2023 is my number   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 11:10 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, here it is, the current total of the models in my collection. Keep in mind that this number will keep rising, as I get more figures for my collection. the number is: 2023 models, and that's if you're counting just the people and animals figures. Also, at the end of this month, I'll be placing an order with hotaling, so there should be more new additions coming soon. Anyway, this is all the news I have for now, so I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Hippocollector

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 2:08 pm

Since i was 2 and im not sure on the number its probsbly around 250
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The real answer is ...   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 3:37 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, I just checked my numbers of models (again), and here is the total of models at this point. The total is: 2023. I've decided not to count the thingsn the "other," category, so that is what the total is. For now. As far as how long I've been collecting? Pretty strongly since 2016.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Valter Moura

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 pm

Hello everyone! I have one channel in youtube, where I up some short videos about my figurine collection (Schleich, Papo, Safari, Collecta brands). Please, if its possible, visit and dubscribe my channel: youtube.com/@livros_e_bichos
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Should my shell collection count?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 3:38 am

Hey Guys,

Hey, I was just going through some stuff of mine, and now I have a question: Should my shell collection (which is very large, and made up of real shells, coral, and other ocean odities), I say, should I include this collection in my collector's reference guide? In other words, should I make an entry for it in my totals list? It seems logical that I would include it, because the stuff in the collection is stuff like fossils, coral, driftwood, cut shells, and the like. Anyway, if anyone has any answers to these questions, let me know what you would do in this case.

Thanks for your help,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5