Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 3:35

Roger wrote:
I am glad my advice was of use. Actually, your list of choices is the same as mine except the dingo. I have the Southlands but the Safari is also a good choice. As I intend to collect all wild extant animals of Southlands Replicas, a brand of a forum friend and still trying to be consolidated on market, the good Safari got behind.
I have all foxes but your favorite ones are the same as mine. Papo trio is fabulous! There is a dhole being released by Colorata as you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I have no idea about the size and I am afraid it will be a big trouble to get one of these. affraid

Hi Roger, the dhole is probably going to be too small for my taste and yes initially it will be hard to buy individual Colorata figures outside of the Japanese auctions. Eventually you can do it, but it might take time.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 7:48

Nice and useful as always, dear Blaine :-)

Common wolf (including domestic dog): not a taxon of interest for my collection.
Dingo: the Southlands's is in my wishlist.
Coyote: I was fearing to be too big, but in another thread in this forum I saw that is adequate size for me. Since then I have it in my wishlist. Your new photo confirms that is adequate for me (tough of course I will repaint the odd black stripe in the back for make it much more suffused).
Jackal: it's in my wishlist too.
African wild dog: This is not in my wishlist. I don't know why, but it doesn't convince me too much. Maybe I see it a bit small, and the painting inside ears looks like a bit unrealistic. I also don't have in my wishlist any other model of this species.
Raccoon dog: I think that I like this model previously unknown for me! Maybe I will add it to my wishlist!
Arctic fox: the Safari's one is in my wishlist.
Red fox: not a species that I'm interested in.
Fennec fox: I have the Collecta's in my collection. The Papo's is too big and even the CollectA's, that is a bit smaller, is also too big, but...

I hope you get more species in future. No brand did bush dog, crab-eating jackal, stripe-sided jackal, ethiopian wolf and bat-eared fox? My most favourite canid, the tibetan fox, will arrive to my home between March and May Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 13:19

Pardofelis wrote:
Nice and useful as always, dear Blaine :-)

Common wolf (including domestic dog): not a taxon of interest for my collection.
Dingo: the Southlands's is in my wishlist.
Coyote: I was fearing to be too big, but in another thread in this forum I saw that is adequate size for me. Since then I have it in my wishlist. Your new photo confirms that is adequate for me (tough of course I will repaint the odd black stripe in the back for make it much more suffused).
Jackal: it's in my wishlist too.
African wild dog: This is not in my wishlist. I don't know why, but it doesn't convince me too much. Maybe I see it a bit small, and the painting inside ears looks like a bit unrealistic. I also don't have in my wishlist any other model of this species.
Raccoon dog: I think that I like this model previously unknown for me! Maybe I will add it to my wishlist!
Arctic fox: the Safari's one is in my wishlist.
Red fox: not a species that I'm interested in.
Fennec fox: I have the Collecta's in my collection. The Papo's is too big and even the CollectA's, that is a bit smaller, is also too big, but...

I hope you get more species in future. No brand did bush dog, crab-eating jackal, stripe-sided jackal, ethiopian wolf and bat-eared fox? My most favourite canid, the tibetan fox, will arrive to my home between March and May Very Happy

Yes there are lots of canid species yet to make!!! I also almost picked the Safari Arctic fox, but online promotional photos showed a 'cute' face. The Papo Arctic fox just looked more 'natural' to me.

Some Japanese companies made a painted dog; check out the one by Colorata. The other western company that was readily available was by Mojo, and I think the colors are too muted on the Mojo figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 14:12

Pardofelis wrote:

There are a few bat-eared foxes as you can see here! None is excellent and they are small what may not be a problem for that particular species.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 15:33

Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

There are a few bat-eared foxes as you can see here! None is excellent and they are small what may not be a problem for that particular species.

Oh, that Furuta one would be worth pursuing!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 16:44

Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

Thanks! For my collection, Furuta shows too clearly the joints and Nayab looks like anything but a bat-eared fox, maybe the Play Visions is acceptable tough it don't seems to have a so fine quality as my current canids and the ones in my wishlist.

Looks like that bmathison doesn't mind about junctures so I'm glad that the Furuta model is good for his fabulous synoptic collection that I'm enjoying a lot seeing and reading :-)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 18:09

Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

Thanks! For my collection, Furuta shows too clearly the joints and Nayab looks like anything but a bat-eared fox, maybe the Play Visions is acceptable tough it don't seems to have a so fine quality as my current canids and the ones in my wishlist.

Looks like that bmathison doesn't mind about junctures so I'm glad that the Furuta model is good for his fabulous synoptic collection that I'm enjoying a lot seeing and reading :-)

I am not crazy about the seams/joints, but overall they do not bother me. For the raccoon dog above, the opposite side (not shown in the pic) shows a more obvious seam-line on the rear leg (of course, that could just be my figure, luckily it is where the fur is dark).

Glad you are enjoying Pardofelis :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 18:54

Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

This Blaine's collection is just starting and it has still a long way to go. I'd also rather wait and see if another bat-eared is released meanwhile and keep adding figures to other groups of species. There are other fox species, poorly represented, a good example is the kit fox, although it was never marketed like that, I am almost sure the K&M desert fox intends to represent the American species. About the Nayab bat-eared, it is one of these conjectural identifications. Even the manufacturer is Toy-Mate instead of Nayab. The company doesn't provide an identification, so, if you find a better species to match that figure, just let us know. bounce By the way, you can even check the entire set. ... I am sure they're not all correct and the figures are not exactly accurate.
About a smaller fennec, you have the Eikoh figure that not being a masterpiece, it is quite decent in my opinion and it has half the weight of the Papo figure. I can provide you a comparison picture if you wish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cat

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 20:29

Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

This Blaine's collection is just starting and it has still a long way to go. I'd also rather wait and see if another bat-eared is released meanwhile and keep adding figures to other groups of species. There are other fox species, poorly represented, a good example is the kit fox, although it was never marketed like that, I am almost sure the K&M desert fox intends to represent the American species. About the Nayab bat-eared, it is one of these conjectural identifications. Even the manufacturer is Toy-Mate instead of Nayab. The company doesn't provide an identification, so, if you find a better species to match that figure, just let us know. bounce By the way, you can even check the entire set. ... I am sure they're not all correct and the figures are not exactly accurate.
About a smaller fennec, you have the Eikoh figure that not being a masterpiece, it is quite decent in my opinion and it has half the weight of the Papo figure. I can provide you a comparison picture if you wish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cat

Thanks Roger, yes a long way to go. The ears on the K&M Desert Fox do look more consistent with a kit fox rather than a fennec fox, supporting your ID on TAI.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 22:56

Thanks a lot for all your helpful info, Roger!
I think that the only canid of the set assignable to a species is the fennec fox, all the others are too unrealistic for think in a species. The supposed bat-eared fox is like a mix of domestic dog, red fox and dhole, and all the others are also just like mixes of domestic dogs and red foxes but with fantasy coats.

The Eikoh fennec looks fantastic. Shape and size are perfect and the coat too. The shame is that the sculpt is not very detailed (don't looks like as individual hairs as in the CollectA's fennec). But it's very accurate in all other features and I think that it's a figure that I would not reject! :)

By they way, you highlighted some more species that could be used for make the Blaine's collection grow :-)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 1:45

Looks like I could have waited a day to do bears :).

Note: depth of field might affect how the sizes compare.

Family Ursidae (bears)

1. giant panda, Ailuropoda melanoleuca (Safari LTD, 2014)
A marked improvement over their original sculpt.
2. sun bear, Helarctos malayanus (Mojo Fun, 2014)
3. sloth bear, Melursus ursinus (Schleich, 2017)
4. American black bear, Ursus americanus (Safari LTD, 2017)
5. North American brown (grizzly) bear, Ursus arctos (Papo, 2013)
It was a tough choice between this and the standing Safari figure.
6. polar bear, Ursus maritimus (Papo, 2013)
It was a tough choice between this one and the standing model.
7. Asian black (moon) bear, Ursus thibetanus (Safari LTD, 2017)
I almost passed on this figure, because I was under the impression the paint job wasn't good. However, online image searches shows that in a walking pose, the white can appear to go onto the legs (although maybe not to this degree)! Several figures of this species were made by Japanese companies, but they are going to be much smaller than standard bear figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 8:19

Nice Bears :)
For the Asian Black Bear, I purchased a long time ago the Bullyland one. However it´s in the same pose as the Mojo Sun Bear and maybe a little to big...
After the recent releases of Moon, Sun and Sloth Bear, I´m still waiting for an Andean Bear to be released. I have the Playvision one (not a beautiful one) and hope to get the Yowie model, but a Andean Bear released by a great company would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 10:26

I love this sun bear but it's so big!..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 15:52

Nice! I think that some Dutch bear collector will like your image Very Happy
Your polar bear is the same than mine and I think is the best polar bear of any brand, especially concering the head shape. Unfortunately the paws are unpainted (white) so I painted mine with black paws. I saw sometimes the sloth bear for sale at stores, but I think is a bit too small and for that I didn't bought it... yet...
Do you think that the sun bear is too large? It's 8,5 cm height... compared with my Schleich's giant panda (9 cm body lenght, 10 cm total lenght including the right hind leg...) I think that at least looks smaller... But it don't looks smaller than Schleich's sloth bear, does it? I'm a bit doubty about buying it because of the size, over all since Caracal's comment... of course the smallest bear species should be also the smallest of my future bear figures!

Brown bears are not a species that excite me too much (they're very "ABC animal", and I'm an obscure-species lover), however maybe some day I manage to get one. Do you think your Papo election is the best one in acurateness, detail and size? The 2018 Collecta's grizzly is nice too... Difficult choice!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 15:59

It is again very interesting to see your choices. The most common species, like polar bear, grizzly and so are well represented and we have a few choices decent enough. For instance, almost all American black bears in that scale are very well made.
We were quite lucky with the relatively recent Mojö moon sun bear and Schleich sloth bear. The only species I am not satisfied with is the Asian black bear, I have the Bullyland that is nice but quite large even for a collection of relatively sized figures and I am not sure I like enough the new Safari to replace my Bullyland.
We now need a spectacled bear, those I know are all very small.

bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks Roger, yes a long way to go. The ears on the K&M Desert Fox do look more consistent with a kit fox rather than a fennec fox, supporting your ID on TAI.

The first time I've seen it identifyied as a kit fox was on CollectorsQuest, it was even before I started collecting foxes. I remember the entire site having only two or three of these figures. I can't remember who identifyied it first as a kit fox, maybe Willy or Mihnea. Collectors use to be quite optimistic identifying ambiguous figures usually as unusual species but in this case I also agree that the ears and the way they are positioned do ressemble more with a kit fox than with a fennec. As there are many American desert animals in that tube, it also helps the plausability of the identification.

Pardofelis wrote:
Thanks a lot for all your helpful info, Roger!
I think that the only canid of the set assignable to a species is the fennec fox, all the others are too unrealistic for think in a species. The supposed bat-eared fox is like a mix of domestic dog, red fox and dhole, and all the others are also just like mixes of domestic dogs and red foxes but with fantasy coats.

The Eikoh fennec looks fantastic. Shape and size are perfect and the coat too. The shame is that the sculpt is not very detailed (don't looks like as individual hairs as in the CollectA's fennec). But it's very accurate in all other features and I think that it's a figure that I would not reject! :)

Thanks for your reply. Sometimes the work on TAI is not easy. Actually most of those figures should be listed as non identifyied canids but it is convenient to have them listed as anything else.
I am glad you ejoyed the Eikoh fennec suggestion, it is nicely detailed for a figure weighing just 5 grams.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 16:05

Pardofelis wrote:
Nice! I think that some Dutch bear collector will like your image Very Happy
Your polar bear is the same than mine and I think is the best polar bear of any brand, especially concering the head shape. Unfortunately the paws are unpainted (white) so I painted mine with black paws. I saw sometimes the sloth bear for sale at stores, but I think is a bit too small and for that I didn't bought it... yet...
Do you think that the sun bear is too large? It's 8,5 cm height... compared with my Schleich's giant panda (9 cm body lenght, 10 cm total lenght including the right hind leg...) I think that at least looks smaller... But it don't looks smaller than Schleich's sloth bear, does it? I'm a bit doubty about buying it because of the size, over all since Caracal's comment... of course the smallest bear species should be also the smallest of my future bear figures!

Brown bears are not a species that excite me too much (they're very "ABC animal", and I'm an obscure-species lover), however maybe some day I manage to get one. Do you think your Papo election is the best one in acurateness, detail and size? The 2018 Collecta's grizzly is nice too... Difficult choice!

For a standing brown bear it was a tough choice; there is a comparison of the three on STS and I took several people's considerations before deciding. Likewise with the Polar bear; I knew it would be Papo just couldn't decide between walking and standing.

With regards to the sun bear, the size is probably big with regards to true scale of the other figures, but it is fine for me. I am not trying to get them all in the same scale as each other, just a decent compromise. I just don't want something monstrously large or diminutively small for its counterparts (for example, bears by the Japanese manufacturers would obviously be too small).
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Feb 2019 - 23:02

Taking a break from mammals and looking at some reptiles. I have slowly been adding reptiles for a few months, and I have many more to go, but here are a bunch for starters.

For larger species I am going with some of the traditional western brands, but for most of these I am going with Japanese/gashapon/tube/TOOB style figures, so many of these are smaller. So, do not expect any AAA figures from cast specimens or, for example, Safari Incredible Creatures or similar size.

Order Rynchocephalia (tuatara)

tuatara, Sphenodon punctatus (Kaiyodo - Dinotales)

Order Crocodilia (alligators, crododiles, gharials, caimans)

1. Nile crocodile, Crocodylus niloticus (Schleich, 2015)
I studied several reviews on the ATF before deciding on a crocodile. There seemed to be some issues with all of them, whether it was the shape of the snout, presence and arrangement of neck osteoderms, or what teeth were exposed when the mouth was closed. The Schleich figure seemed to be the best of what was reviewed. Mojo Fun is releasing one this year but from what I can tell it won't necessarily be better.
2. American alligator, Alligator mississippiensis (Safari LTD, re-release of 1997 sculpt)
If there is one figure Safari should get right, it is the American alligator. Others reviewed on the ATF didn't seem quite as good. Papo is releasing one this year; I might replace with that one if it proves to be more accuarate.
3. black caiman, Melanosuchus niger (Safari LTD, 2019)
Safari did not market this figure at the genus or species level, but color suggests M. niger.
4. spectacled caiman, Caiman crocodilus (Kaiyodo - Wild Rush II, 2018)
I must admit, this figure turned out to be smaller than I would have liked. Being a gashapon figure, I knew it would be small but for some reason I thought it might be comparable to the Safari caiman. That's OK, a lovely model regardless!
5. gharial, Gavialis gangeticus (Papo, 2013)

Order Testudines (turtles and tortoises)

Family Testudinae (tortoises)

1. Galapagos tortoise, Chelonoidis nigra-complex (Papo, 2014)
2. desert tortoise, Gopherus morafkai (Safari LTD)
This figure is a bit big, but I think it is a unique figure.
3. Indian star tortoise, Geochelone elegans (Yujin)

Families Dermochelyidae and Cheloniidae (sea turtles)
1. leatherback sea turtle, Dermochelys coriacea (Papo, 2014)
2. olive ridley sea turtle, Lepidochelys olivacea (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)
3. hawksbill sea turtle, Eretmochelys imbricata (Yujin)
4. green sea turtle, Chelonia midas (Koro Koro - Toba Aquarium)
The Takara figure was available, but I like the look of this figure on its sandy diorama-style base (by the way, she is laying eggs and there is a batch of eggs underneath when you lift up the figure!).
5. loggerhead sea turtle, Caretta caretta (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)

Families Emydidae (terrapins and pond sliders) and Geoemydidae (pond turtles).

1. red-eared slider, Trachemys scripta elegans (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales)
2. Chinese box turtle, Cuora flavomarginata (Kaiyodo - Natural Monuments of Japan, 2002)
3. Ryuku black-breasted leaf turtle, Geoemyda japonica (Kaiyodo - Natural Monuments of Japan, 2003)
4. spiny turtle, Heosemys spinosa (Yujin)
5. Japanese pond turtle, Mauremys japonica (Yujin)
6. yellow pond turtle, Mauremys mutica (Yujin)
7. Chinese pond turtle, Mauremys reevesii (Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour)

Families Chelidae (side-necked turtles), Platysternidae (big-headed turtles), and Chelydridae (snapping turtles)
1. alligator snapping turtle, Macrochelys temminckii (Agatsuma Entertainment - Amazing Creatures)
2. Reimann's snake-necked turtle, Chelodina reimanni (Furuta - Choco Egg Funny Animals Series 2)
3. mata mata, Chelus fimbriata (Yujin)
4. Hilaire's side-necked turtle, Phrynops hilarii (Yujin)
5. big-headed turtle, Platysternon megacephalum (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 11)

Order Squamata (lizards and snakes)

Families Varanidae (monitors) and Helodermatidae (beaded lizards)
1. Komodo dragon, Varanus komodoensis (Mojo Fun, 2014)
Lots of options for this species, but I think the Mojo figure is the best for this general size range. The Kaiyodo Reptiles Lounge figure might be a little better (I haven't seen it in person) but it's a bit small for this species.
2. perentie, Varanus giganteus (Southland Replicas, 2018)
3. Gila Monster, Heloderma suspectum (Epoch - The Poison)

Family Agamidae (Old World iguanaform lizards)
1. frilled lizard, Chlamydosaurus kingii (Kaiyodo - Reptiles Lounge)
2. Okinawa tree lizard, Diploderma (syn. Japalura) polygonatum (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Yaeyama)
3. thorny devil, Moloch horridus (Kaiyodo - Reptiles Lounge)
4. central bearded dragon, Pogona vitticeps (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales - Pet Animal Series 4)

Families Iguanidae (iguanas), Dactyloidae (anoles), Chamaeleonidae (chamaeleons)
1. marine iguana, Amblrhynchus cristatus (Colorata - Reptile Figure Box, 2008)
The Kaiyodo Reptiles Lounge figure might be a little better (I haven't seen it in person), but I love the base here with the Sally lightfoot crab!
2. Galapagos land iguana, Conolophus subcristatus (Kaiyodo - Reptiles Lounge)
The figure is a little small but probably the only representative of this species currently available
3. Carolina anole, Anolis carolinensis (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 5)
4. veiled chamaeleon, Chamaeleo calyptratus (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales - Pet Animal Series 5)

Family Lacertidae (true lizards)
1. Japanese grass lizard, Takydromus tachydromoides (Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour, Lizard and Gecko Collection)
2. emerald grass lizard, Takydromus smargdinus (Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour, Lizard and Gecko Collection)

Families Gekkonidae (true geckos) and Eublepharidae (ground geckos)
1. Japanese cave gecko, Gonirosuarus orientalis (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series Cool
2. crested gecko, Correlophus ciliatus (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Crested Gecko Collection)
3. four-clawed gecko, Gehyra mutilata (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Crested Gecko Collection)
4. Japanese house gecko, Gekko japonicus (Ikimon - Nature Techni Colour, Lizard and Gecko Collection)
5. smooth knob-tailed gecko, Nephurus levis (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Gecko Figure Collection III)
6. Madagascar giant day gecko, Phelsuma grandis (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Gecko Figure Collection III)
7. Satanic leaf-tailed gecko, Uroplatus phantasticus (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Leopard Geckos)
8. Tawa gecko, Gekko tawaensis (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales - Shikoku)

Family Boidae (boas)
1. green Anaconda, Eunectes murinus (CollectA, 2014)
2. red-tailed boa, Boa constrictor constrictor (Colorata - Reptile Figure Box, 2004)
3. emerald tree boa, Corallus caninus (Safari LTD - Rainforest TOOB, 2006)
The white on this figure is not right, but the sculpt is nice for such a small figure!

Family Elapidae (venomous snakes)
1. black-banded sea krait, Lauticauda semifasciata (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 4)
2. king cobra, Ophiophagus hannah (Mojo Fun, 2018)
3. eastarn coral snake, Micurus fulvius (Kaiyodo - Toxic and Dangerous Animals, 2014)
I plan on getting the 2019 Mojo Fun figure since it represents a different species, the Arizona coral snake (Micruroides euryxanthus).
4. red-bellied black snake, Pseudechis prophyriacus (Science and Nature - Animals of Australia)
5. eastern brown snake, Pseudonaja textilis (Science and Nature - Animals of Australia)

Families Colubridae (true snakes), Viperidae (vipers and rattlesnakes), and Leptotyphlopidae (blind snakes).
These three familes are not necessarily related, just combined for imaging purposes.

1. western diamondback rattlesnake, Crotalus atrox (Papo, 2018)
2. western blind snake, Rena humilis (Wing Mau)
I am not overly crazy about Wing Mau's reptiles, but I haven't seen another example of this unusual species!
3. Japanese striped snake, Elaphe quadrivirgata (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 3)
4. Oriental odd-tooth snake, Lycodon orientalis (Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 6)

All of them together on the shelf (sorry for quality):

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sun 24 Feb 2019 - 21:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 11:46

I like your Reptiles and the Racoon dog very much.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 14:46

Megaptera wrote:

Thanks, eventually I will get to the cetaceans and you will have a 'whale' of a good time!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 15:46

bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Thanks, eventually I will get to the cetaceans and you will have a 'whale' of a good time!

I'm looking forward to see your Whales :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 16:50

I was not expecting such diversity of reptiles in a collection that is just starting! Shocked You're taking it quite seriously and in this group of animals there is no comparison with my collection despite having 10 years of advantage. Laughing I am glad ou presented your choices for reptiles in an early stage of your topic what will turn easier to find it anytime I need. Very curious choices too, I must check your references for crocodilians. About the Japanese figures, they are all of a vibrant quality and you did excellent choices, some of them were even unknown to me. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 19:09

Very nice reptiles. Many variety. cheers

I would like have the perentie, of Southland Replicas.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:30

Also a wonderful collection Blaine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 0:44

I have to update the Perissodactyla post (above) with the addition of the Malayan tapir, Tapirus indicus by Papo (2010). When [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] noticed I couldn't find this figure, he found one locally and bought and mailed it to me FREE OF CHARGE! Thanks a million, Roger!

I am showing it with the others so you can appreciate the comparable sizes and scales.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 1:34

I am glad I could be of help and prevent you from paying a little fortune for such a common figure! Lovely picture showing a Papo, a Mojö and a CollectA and they look great together. Will any brand make a Mountain tapir or a Kabomani tapir? scratch

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next