Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Albino Gorilla Question

Go down 
+9
Taos
urbnvampslayer
pipsxlch
Advicot
Shanti
Roger
Numa
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question Empty
PostSubject: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 3:48 am

I've been hoping to find this figure for some time, and unfortunately I've never seen it pop up for sale on the usual sites I check. I understand its very rare, but I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get one?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 am

Gosh, yes, it was only made one year ! affraid
I surely hope you find one monkey

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Thanks Susanne. I will probably never track one down... but it won't stop me from trying!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 am

I didnt realise it was only made for a year until 2 years ago and searxhed the internet high and low and fnally found it and the Papo retired Dodo from a German online store and had it shipped to a friend in Germany.  Google search using the words papo and the item code which I dont have to hand and you will find it for sale somewhere.  i will have a look and see if I find it

I think it was made for a year as a one off in honour a famous white gorilla in some European zoo, I do not remember where.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 am

Numaan wrote:

I think it was made for a year as a one off in honour a famous white gorilla in some European zoo, I do not remember where.

Barcelona, the albino gorilla Snowflake. albino

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 12:52 am

That's why I would like one! My mothers favorite animals are gorillas and she loved Snowflake, though she never saw him in person.

Numaan if you happen to find one I would be ever so grateful! I haven't come across one yet...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:41 am

When you find one in Europe, perhaps you should let somebody keep it till the planes fly more regularly ?
It seems that the post compagnies are struggeling these days Crying or Very sad

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 am

I will keep my eyes open! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 pm

I was on a quest to find it, but sadly I never found the figure, so I bought the non albino figure to join my other mountain gorillas.

Hope you find it Paige :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Okay everyone listen up and listen good.  I have been collecting for years and learned many tricks and hints on searching for items.  sometimes if a search one day is no good keep it to hand and search a few months later.  Things change all the time.  There are many online website  that update their stocks including amazon and I have found a number of sought after models after years of searching such as the Bullyland SASSABY antelope 6 years ago on Amazon.de and early 2019 the baby appeared on Amazon.de by a different seller.  Many suppliers will have stocks that they just dont get round to adding online and things pop  up for time to time.

On a Hungarian website in early 2019 I found the Bullyland moose female and calf.

The first hurdle is to find the model somewhere, anywhere in the world.  the second problem is getting them to post it to you or a friend/family/fellow collector in that country as it may be cheaper.

Some collectors on here have helped me over the years and I wont name names but thanks to you all.

Now, finding a specific Papo, Schleich or any other individual model with its own catalogue number is easier than finding for instance a Tree House Kids Kudu antelope as it does not have its own catalogue number.

SO back to the Albino Gorilla:  I only found out it was made for 1 year in early 2017 and searched and found a German shop selling this and the long retired Papo Dodo so I bought both and had them shipped to my dad in Germany who brought it with him on a visit to the UK.

I have checked my emails and both were bought from:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the specific link to Dodo and Albino gorilla were these but I have checked ans they dont work BUT always worth emailing the seller and asking if they have one in their warehouse somewhere, you never know:

In summary, never give up a search and every few months google "Papo Albino" and "Papo 50204" and see what comes up.  Websites in other languages other than English may not use the English word Albino hence always search via the code too and click each search item no matter what country and check!

you have to be creative and persistent in your searches.  

I hope that helps you guys on your searches.  I habe some models I am after and hope someone can help me sometime! :-)

Who knew the Papo Albino Gorilla would become such a rarity I was surprised but I am just pleased I got it in the end phew! Here are some photos of the gorilla sitting in my wall 'primates' display cabinet.  Maybe you will spot other models you have not see before or want.  

Enjoy hunting! :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Found a link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the gorilla is apparently going to be in stock soon.

Sorry for being off topic but I like your collection Numaan :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Advicot wrote:
Found a link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the gorilla is apparently going to be in stock soon.

Sorry for being off topic but I like your collection Numaan :)

Hi Adam

That is helpful but a slight word of caution - I know this website, I believe any item that goes out of stock automatically goes into the 'new delivery soon' status. I may be wrong but whoever wants it should email the supplier direct to obtain confirmation and ask him to notify you when it comes in.

Also, on Amazon they have a ;notify me when available' option so I suggest adding your name to that so that any supplier in future who lists it will lead to you receiving a notification.

Good work Adam - nice for us to help each other out Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Ok thanks for letting me know :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Thank you Numaan! Lots of good advice in your post. I will never give up looking, just as you have learned I have obtained models in stranger ways Wink. This is precisely why I posted this topic, because the members here always have some leads! Thanks again.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Paige, I do have a Chinamal albino gorilla, nowhere near so nice but he's yours if you want him. I think I still have your address.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:07 pm

If Paige doesn't fancy him can I have a look?

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Sure! Let me dig him up and photograph him.
Back to top Go down
urbnvampslayer

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am

Did anyone find the gorilla?
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 pm

Very expensive but I found the Gorilla!

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:29 pm

Shanti well done for finding it and posting it for others to see. I am amazed, this seller has 9 for sale.

Whilst expensive it is worth getting it because once this is gone I doubt you will find a brand new one again as it is produced as a limited edition.

Grab it! :-)
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:31 pm

I am happy to help others getting their desired and long searched for model! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:41 pm

Wow, this person has 9 of them to sell? Too bad they are so expensive.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:43 pm

You can offer him a lower price! :) Not sure how he could have 9 pieces!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm

I think i might, i hate to pass it up! Thank you so much for the link!!

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:02 pm

Good luck!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Albino Gorilla Question   papo - Papo Albino Gorilla Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Albino Gorilla Question
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next