Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 3:31 am

• Prehistoric Crocodyliforms
• Prehistoric Bugs (Terrestrial Arthropods)
• Prehistoric Sharks
• Prehistoric Birds
• Prehistoric Amphibians
• Prehistoric Fish
• Ancestors to Major Animal Groups (Eohippus, haikouichthys, ambulocetus, diacodexis, grippia.)

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 am

I would certainly love a "tube" with the ancestors of the horse !!!
But I think Collecta only makes tubes with miniatures of models they already have or plan to have ? scratch

So I put my bet on Safari and hope they will make more Evolution sets Very Happy

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 pm

Most of their mini tubes consist of miniature versions of their larger models, but a notable exception was the prehistoric marine life set: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which had a bunch of animals they had never made in larger form.

I'd like to see a set specific to every period of the Paleozoic, but I know I'm only dreaming. In addition to QuollMate's ideas, I'd love a prehistoric marine invertebrates set (crinoids, brachiopods, maybe a eunicid worm, a couple more trilobites...)

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:11 am

halichoeres wrote:
Most of their mini tubes consist of miniature versions of their larger models, but a notable exception was the prehistoric marine life set: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which had a bunch of animals they had never made in larger form.

I'd like to see a set specific to every period of the Paleozoic, but I know I'm only dreaming. In addition to QuollMate's ideas, I'd love a prehistoric marine invertebrates set (crinoids, brachiopods, maybe a eunicid worm, a couple more trilobites...)

Don’t forget blastoids! In all honesty, I’d like to have some actual crinoids and blastoids for my diorama. I could do with a few more brachiopods too.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I would certainly love a "tube" with the ancestors of the horse !!!
But I think Collecta only makes tubes with miniatures of models they already have or plan to have ? scratch

So I put my bet on Safari and hope they will make more Evolution sets Very Happy

I’ve given up on Safari Ltd and don’t really see them as a leader anymore. At least not in the prehistoric department. Not after they chose to do a mermaids toob.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 12:47 pm

QuollMate wrote:

I’ve given up on Safari Ltd and don’t really see them as a leader anymore. At least not in the prehistoric department. Not after they chose to do a mermaids toob.

Safari has a business to run, and if a mermaid toob is what many customer want, that is what they make , and what they have always done Wink
Remember they recently also made nice Whales, Dolphins, Pelagic fish, Great Lakes, and Primates Very Happy

There is fierce competition these days.
You see CollectA making only well known species this year, Mojo makes unicorns, and Schleich has tentatively moved their marsupials beyond koals and cangaroos Very Happy

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Our hobby only exists because of the market for children. Our purchases alone wouldn't be enough to support the industry. Unfortunately, that means we have to deal with the fact that children mostly have terrible taste.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:55 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Our hobby only exists because of the market for children. Our purchases alone wouldn't be enough to support the industry. Unfortunately, that means we have to deal with the fact that children mostly have terrible taste.

lol! lol!

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 5:19 pm

I am here you know Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Advicot wrote:

Hehe :) There are exceptions to the rule! I expect you find more in common with people on this forum than you do with your peers, when it comes to toys.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Very true indeed

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Advicot wrote:

Hehe :) There are exceptions to the rule! I expect you find more in common with people on this forum than you do with your peers, when it comes to toys.

A great exception, Adam cheers

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Don't forget Ravonium

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Advicot wrote:
Don't forget Ravonium

scratch what is ravonium ????

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 pm

A member on the forum, who is the same age as me who collects figures too

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:35 am

halichoeres wrote:

Laughing and very true. Though the qualifier with the children is true also, and that most adults are just as tasteless!

I'm perfectly willing to put up with some mermaids and fairies if it helps the company stay alive and producing quality realistic figures. They are a TOY manufacturer after all, the adult collector market is only a niche business as is the cutesy cupcake topper market. Nobody is forcing me to buy the fantasy or cartoony figures. Though I am guilty of buying the occasional dragon or freaky alien. cyclops
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Laughing  and very true. Though the qualifier with the children is true also, and that most adults are just as tasteless!

I'm perfectly willing to put up with some mermaids and fairies if it helps the company stay alive and producing quality realistic figures. They are a TOY manufacturer after all, the adult collector market is only a niche business as is the cutesy cupcake topper market. Nobody is forcing me to buy the fantasy or cartoony figures. Though I am guilty of buying the occasional dragon or freaky alien. cyclops

I also have a couple of fairies and fantasy models cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See   CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Prehistoric Tubes I’d Like to See
Page 1 of 1