Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha

Go down 
+9
Caracal
widukind
Advicot
Pardofelis
costicuba
Roger
landrover
SUSANNE
lucky luke
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha Empty
PostSubject: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Lagostomus maximus
Friends in 2015 I photographed a funny South American beast at the zoo in Zurich;  Very Happy  
Plains viscacha, between the guinea pig and the chinchila, there are several species under viscache.  Rolling Eyes
I decided to include it in my collection, a great wish for years.  I love you
the top view is its realization finally launched I will post you images of its evolution!  scratch  study  
The mountain viscose is, I think, easier to make, it's a long-tailed rabbit ...!  study  Wink   lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

drunken bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 7:17 pm

A wonderful, rare and interesting critter cheers
I read about them many years ago, but haven't heard about them since, so this is also interesting for me personally Very Happy

It is extremely interesting that you are now going to make mammals also, - I can't wait to see the result Applause bounce bounce

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Interesting project. Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:58 am

There are many and unknown unusual rodent species in Americas. I am so glad that you are brave enough to make one of these species.
A very good choice. How long I ask for a mara among major companies? No way, only Guinea pigs and a chinchilla from CollectA, really poor.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 4:47 am

Wow, this animal looks so interesting and cute Very Happy
I am seeing it for the first time ..
And I hope soon, to see your model of it Jean bounce

Roger wrote:
How long I ask for a mara among major companies? No way, only Guinea pigs and a chinchilla from CollectA, really poor.

Ah, I want a Mara too bounce Last year I was watching maras , together with Yvette Very Happy

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 8:49 am

Ohhhhh, you had the inmense luck to saw the extremely rare Plains viscacha in a zoo! I think viscachas are very soon to disappear from the whole zoos of Europe very soon, as they're extremely rarely kept, sadly. Of the three species, plains one is kept at 5 european zoos, southern mountain one is only in 1 zoo, and northern mountain one is not kept at all. I visited Zie-zoo in the Netherlands with the main objetive of the plains viscacia as the most spectacular of the species kept in this zoo, but weather was bad and animals were absolutely hidden in their not viewable indoor part. You got very good photos of it at Zurich. I hope some day to be able to do the same! :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 am

I am very excited to see it in figure form Very Happy bounce

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 11:06 am

Thank you very much my happy friends that my project seduces you Very Happy Applause cheers

As Roger says yes, sometimes there is a lack of species, the mara is often associated with capybara in many zoo and people are getting to know them better and I am also waiting for a little hope to see this rodent in the shelves of stores scratch study I love you
As Costa says, many people do not know these species and have never seen or noticed them because we have been talking about them for months. study Smile

Pardefolis I hope that on your next zoo outings you can also observe them. Sad cheers drunken

Advicot I hope to show you in a few days a glimpse of the creature : Smile study sunny
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:43 pm

YAY bounce

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 am

So cute. Now we need a figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am

First sketches of my Plains viscacha. it must dry and I had to correct the muzzle  Smile  study  scratch  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 am

Great work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 9:51 am

Applause

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 4:07 pm

that's the paint to start.  Very Happy  study  arrow
He is well and waits kindly, is not shy.  Laughing
 I will ask you pictures as soon as it is very dry after its bath ...  affraid  sunny
be as patient as he is.  lol!  Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm

A perfect little guy cheers

And he is just as sweet as he looks, - look ! So patient drunken

He is not only beautyful, he also has extremely good manners, - waits nicely while he has a bath , even if you tickle him with the brushes Laughing

Fun to see that you can also make great models that are not birds Very Happy
I adore this critter I love you

lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Thank you very much Susanne queen flower
that's it his bath is taken clown
I would post pictures tomorrow it wandered very dry! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 pm

lol! lol!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 7:17 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm

thank you so much susanne & Andréas Smile cheers

and here is our new boyfriend finished!  Very Happy  bounce  drunken
one more south american rodent in my collection Smile study Wink
photos with other small rodents  : rabbit

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Great

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 11:50 pm

Thank you very much Andréas Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 am

I would like have a viscacha in my collection.

Great job, my friend. cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 11:42 am

As I was not (or very few) connected during summer, I had'nt followed your beautiful work to give life to a species I did'nt know. Big congrats for this lovely job Lucky Luke! cheers cheers Applause

ah and thanks to you all, I know now that maras (I saw in zoo of Lunaret in Montpellier) are not the same species than capybaras! Shocked
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Caracal wrote:
As I was not (or very few) connected during summer, I had'nt followed your beautiful work to give life to a species I did'nt know. Big congrats for this lovely job Lucky Luke! cheers cheers Applause

ah and thanks to you all, I know now that maras (I saw in zoo of Lunaret in Montpellier) are not the same species than capybaras! Shocked

Thank you very much Fernando and Caracal Very Happy cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Very Happy What an amazing collection of South America rodents! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha   Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha Empty

Back to top Go down

Lagostomus maximus Plains viscacha
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next