Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+10
endogenylove
donny ong
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
widukind
Roger
LukaLeon085
spacelab
Joliezac
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:04 am

A few days ago I received most of the 2022 wildlife figures. I was skeptical for a few of them but now I have time to post so here is a walkaround!

Here is the new plains bison:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My favorite bison are my 2 Safaris. When I saw that CollectA was making a new bison, I was very pleased and it looked like it would be the best one yet. I was a bit more skeptical when I saw in-hand images, but I wanted to get it for myself to really see. I'm very pleased with what I received. I would have like a bit more paint variation like in the stock image, but I think the model is very pleasant and that I'm being too nitpicky.

The highlights on the head and shoulders on my model seem to be much less apparent than others I have seen. I'm glad because I didn't like the highlights on some models I was seeing. I think the Safaris are still my favorites, but its a very close tie for me, its a lovely bison and I really don't have anything to complain about, I just like my Safaris very very much  Laughing

With CollectA's older model:

Safari's older model and current one:

Schleich current model & older:

Then for the big group photo!

I think in terms of accuracy, CollectA did a great job. I think the paintwork is nicely done. Really a great figure if you are looking to add to a herd  cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 10:08 am

Very enlightening walkaround Jolie! Thanks.
I don't have it and I'm not sure I will get it but it's clear to me from your photos that this is the best and most accurate Bison around.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 10:17 am

It's beautiful Applause drunken

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 12:58 pm

I'm much more excited about this figure after seeing this walk around then I was when I watched the official picture. This model is very detailed and it has a lifelike pose.
I need an American bison and probably my choice is going to this one.
About being the best, I don't know, the Safari Wildlife Wonders is equally impressive.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:51 pm

A wonderful bison but if you are a synoptic collector and have any of the others, probably no need to replace it, except for maybe the older Safari model (I am not [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 8:35 pm

It is beautyful !!!
Almost too beautyful, as most bisons look a bit shaggy Laughing
But I think that some day one may move in here Wink

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 9:30 pm

Great looking bison, a big improvement on the previous version. I am not very familiar with the main brands, but clearly there are many good bisons out there. Nice to see them all.

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 6:10 am

Best American Bison figure. Congrats! Applause

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 4:07 pm

This is THE bison! I have the older Safari and I hold nothing against it, it is a great figure, but I am absolutely in love with this bison. It is just perfect in every way! My only criticism is that I do with the paint matched the promo image a bit more, but I am not disappointed by the actual paint job.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm

Beautiful model! cheers Applause Thank´s for the walkaround and comparisons. It´s on my wishlist now Wink

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 5:51 pm

I also have this one. It is by far the best model of all Plain bisons.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 8:11 pm

I am not much into wildlife figures but this Bison is a must have! Your wonderful photos convinced me even more!! Great walkaround, Thank you!! Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 7:37 pm

I didn't vote for it in the Woodland category but I like this bison it's my favorite along with the big Safari Ltd WW.

Thank you for the job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 CollectA Plains Bison Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1