Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+5
bmathison1972
widukind
Roger
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:38 am

Another 2022 figure I waited patiently for, CollectA's new African elephant!

Here it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When I first saw the image of this elephant, it was head on and it looked very strange. I got a little worried because I was very excited for this model. I only have a few elephants so I was excited to get more. I think the head on this elephant looks a bit too large and the ears too small, but really probably my new favorite. I can't compare it with too many since I don't have much. I love this figure much more than my Schleich one though, and I like the color and texture more than the Mojo one. However I do really like the pose of Mojo's last year.

I love how the tusks have groves in them though and aren't just solid cream colored. Although I wish the tail was painted. Overall I really love this elephant, although I will say you have to see it in person. I tried to get many angles but it just looks very odd in some photos. I think its a figure that looks much better in hand.

With Mojo's elephant from last year:

And with Schleich's current male elephant:

I'm very happy with this elephant, I can't decide if I like the Mojo one better or not, but that doesn't matter. I'm hoping for maybe a calf next year to accompany it Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 am

Great to see this walkaround. Always hard to get a good impression from promotion photos. It looks good, especially from the right side. I agree that the head-on view looks slightly awkward, though for me, it looks much better than the Schleich from all angles. We'll have to see when I get the CollectA, but I think the more interesting pose of the Mojo still makes it the winner for me. But as you say, we don't have to choose, it's good to have both.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 1:35 pm

My most wanted walk around of 2022! Very Happy OK, I decided to get one before seeing the real pictures because it is undoubtfully one of the best elephant figures of ever.
I commented about the short back legs but the dropping back is probably because the rear part of the animal is not as massive as it should be, the same shrinked effect we can see on CollectA's white rhino.
Though, I am so happy that brands are renewing their elephant models with much nicer and more accurate renditions. I was really tired about the Schleich inspired models. Now I hope Schleich also takes a step forward with their next generation.
Before having it in my hands, I can't be sure if it is better than the Mojö model. Probably not but, if it has the same finish quality and detail level of the CollectA hippo, I may change my mind.
Now I can also see better this elephant's ears. As I mentioned, they're too rounded for an African bush elephant. They almost ressemble the ears of an African Forest elephant... half way perhaps... but they're fine anyway.

Image of an African savanah elephant externally linked from and credited to Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc

Picture of an African forest elephant externally linked from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:43 pm

Very good elephant figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:54 pm

Again, wonderful but as with the bison, no need for me to replace the one I have. Elephants are so common, if I replaced one every time something slightly better came along, I'd be buying a new elephant every couple years LOL
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:49 pm

I love this elephant, but it is right. The ears ar not quite spot on.

One thing that has not yeat been mentioned, I think, is the way the ears are attached to the head.
At firts I thought it was a mistake, but looking at pictures of male elephants raising the ears, many DO have a kind of large wrinkle there elephant
A bit exaggerated, perhaps. Hard to say. I rarely see a male elephant attack in real scratch

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 5:15 am

Best African Elephant figure. Congrats! Applause

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 3:05 pm

This is a very good figure, but the mojo is in my wishlist and I am not sure this replaces it. I was hoping for an absolute masterpiece like the Hippo and White Rhino but it doesn't seem to have quite the same quality level. I will need to see it in real life before I can decide I think.

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 12:05 pm

Very good model from Collecta but I think that Schleich's still is top 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 CollectA African Elephant Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1