Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adding more plains zebra & subspecies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  Empty
PostSubject: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Currently my herd of plains zebra consists of five individuals (all Schleich) including the 2009 family, 2010 grazing female and 2018 female, I was curoius if I should increase the herd and which figures I should include.

Another point is subspecies: after recently learning there are 6 subspecies of plains zebra, and if there is anyway of knowing visually the different subspecies in figure form as I remember Roger mentioning Anna's Mojo zebras were of the Grant's subspecies

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Well, - of course you must have Collecta's Grévy's zebra Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Mojo Fun 2020 zebra mare and foal are adorable!!

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 pm

I do have the CollectA Grevy's but thank you for the suggestion Susanne, and yes I have decided to go with the new Mojo female but I haven't gone with the foal

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 pm

I am suggesting only standard sized figures, if you want to know about smaller sizes, I believe there are a few more options.

Some use this model as a Crawshay's zebra, notice the thinner strips. and that they are everywhere on zebra's body. It should be denser, havning more strips but that's sometimes just to turn the painting easier. It was, however, not marketed to the subspecies level.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a Quagga, you already know, it is also a subspecies of plains zebra. It is again a Mojö model.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The previous Schleich generation of zebras is told as having shadow strips. I can't see them to be fair, I've never seen a ghost.
If so, they work as Burchell's zebras or any other of the most common subspecies.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Thank you very much for this Roger, and the Mojo Crawshay's zebra is now on my wishlist as well as the most recent Mojo zebra, that you mentioned being a Grant's

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 1:32 am

CollectA's 2018 Zebra Mare and 2019 Zebra Foal. They are Grant's subspecies.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 8:42 am

donny ong wrote:
CollectA's 2018 Zebra Mare and 2019 Zebra Foal. They are Grant's subspecies.

Yes and it is not just a collector's identification, CollectA really designed them to be a Grant's zebra even if they find it more convenient having them marketed as common zebra. A Grant's zebra is a common zebra anyway. Very Happy

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 9:43 am

It's going on the wishlist as well as the Safari and Papo (2019) figures

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding more plains zebra & subspecies    zebra - Adding more plains zebra & subspecies  Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding more plains zebra & subspecies
Page 1 of 1