Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
bmathison1972
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs Empty
PostSubject: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Comparison of the Atlantic horseshoe crab, Limulus polyphemus by Safari Ltd. (2008) and CollectA (2020)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am

Impressive how they fit well together and I think they share a similar quality level.
Truly interesting comparison, Blaine. Any suggestion to anyone interested in getting just a single model?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:29 am

Both are beautiful! I need the CollectA to pair with my safari.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 5:11 am

Roger wrote:
Impressive how they fit well together and I think they share a similar quality level.
Truly interesting comparison, Blaine. Any suggestion to anyone interested in getting just a single model?

As much as I love to promote Safari, I think the CollectA overall is a bit better (but it's also 12 years more recent). The Safari figure is still excellent and may be cheaper and easier to acquire for people living in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 9:19 am

Really good figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Both very nice, and almost look identical

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm

WONDERFUL , thankyou !!! cheers

I have so much hoped for this comparison Applause
Surprising that they are almost the same size Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 am

Thank you very much for this very useful comperation Blaine ! Applause
Also thank you for your opinion about the both models ... it helps :)
I also don`t have any of these and I will go with Collecta.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs   Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison of Safari Ltd. and CollectA horseshoe crabs
Page 1 of 1