Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southlands Replicas 2021

Go down 
+16
Numa
pipsxlch
Megaptera
Max
donny ong
Pardofelis
Advicot
endogenylove
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
jarda
Pepi
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

Southlands Replicas 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Dear fellow collectors,
I have asked the people of this brand (the same running MiniZoo store) about the crocodile they were producing and about further releases. They told me that they are not sure about continuing producing models because the high cost of production. I think this is a real pity, sice their models are absolutely beautiul (I'm in love with the perentie). But, I guess we will have to resignate.
Regarding this, I'm missing the red kangaroo, but is not available in any store, not even in MiniZoo... do you know where can I get it?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Sad news, last models from this company are really great! I like the unfinished croc too...

Regarding the roo model:
https://www.spielfigurenportal.de/epages/64412781.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64412781/Categories/Spielfiguren/"Southlands%20Replicas"

or

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Southlands.html#Start
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:53 pm

I suspected seriously it was happening.. Unfortunately their most ambitious project, the mighty saltwater crocodile, saw the final of its development coinciding with the pandemy. So, it was surely impossible to get financing. It is a pity, the brand is absolutely spectacular and that crocodile was the most antecipated figure for me. If Southlands can't find a path, I'd love to see these moulds being sold to another brand and Jason finding a way to put his wonderful sculpts being mass produced. I think Science and Nature could start a premium series or even more famous companies. Southlands models have enough quality to be included in any range.
I must think about their horses, these are the only figures I miss and they are very beautiful and sculpted by our friend Anna-Dobrowolska.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Oh no that's so sad to hear! I've only just found out about them and I really really love their dingo, they had so many unusual species! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Very sad news, Jason provided us a wonderful series and there are so much species which could join it. I really wish our friend will find a solution. I wish the collector world will measure Jason’s work and will support any possibilities. It is so hard to watch a great new brand saying good bye, a brand that really bring something new on our shelves. Inhope it isn’t the end
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 pm

To sad

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Roger wrote:
I must think about their horses, these are the only figures I miss and they are very beautiful and sculpted by our friend Anna-Dobrowolska.

Did Anna make them ??? I thought Jason did Shocked

Anyway, they are absolutely wonderful, unique, super-great models, and I am so sad if Jason has given up this great brand Sad
I think it has also had a good influence on other brands, - we have seen several wombats, Tasmanian devels etc since Southland arrived on the stage .
Schleich even made a Quokka !!!
Thankyou so far to Jason flower flower flower

But Roger is full of creative ideas as always, - yes, perhaps some brand will but Janson's models in the future ??? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 pm

I have been thinking about this since I made my Southlands order earlier this year. I bought them all except for the horses (I don't collect horses), the extinct animals, and the red kangaroo. Unfortunately those which have sold out have since been removed from the Minizoo website entirely. I'm hoping more runs are produced, as well as the crocodile, once things clear up.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 10:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Did Anna make them ??? I thought Jason did Shocked

Anyway, they are absolutely wonderful, unique, super-great models, and I am so sad if Jason has given up this great brand Sad
I think it has also had a good influence on other brands, - we have seen several wombats, Tasmanian devels etc since Southland arrived on the stage .
Schleich even made a Quokka !!!
Thankyou so far to Jason  flower  flower  flower

But Roger is full of creative ideas as always, - yes, perhaps some brand will but Janson's models in the future ??? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

I agree with you. I notice that the Australian themed animalsfigures are commoner since Southlands started. We have also a 2020 boom under that subject but for different reasons.
About the sculptor of the horses, in the presentation thread Jason starts talking about a collaboration with Anna and later writes:
"Of course we were very happy to entrust the responsibility to Anna's expert hands "."
I think the word "hands" is not meaning she gave her feedback using sign language. Wink flower
You also can see it better than me but the foal is completely Anna's style, isn't it?

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 3:49 am

Oh this is horrible. I will be ordering the rest of the figures I want hopefully tomorrow, I was saving that order for a rainy day but I suppose there is no time to lose. I hope that the brand will get itself back onto it’s feet in some way. I will need to work to track down the red kangaroo, which is sold out on all sites that ship to the US. Sad

Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 am

I'm glad that, at least, since I wrote this, many people here and other friends of mine have hurried to buy the figures they were missing.

@jarda, thanks for the links, I will order my red kangaroo, even when I wasn't completely sure to include it or not in my coll. Do you recommend it?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 am

It is an absolute must have ! But sincerely it’s true for the whole line
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am

Pepi wrote:
I'm glad that, at least, since I wrote this, many people here and other friends of mine have hurried to buy the figures they were missing.

@jarda, thanks for the links, I will order my red kangaroo, even when I wasn't completely sure to include it or not in my coll. Do you recommend it?

100%! For sure! This figure is simply perfect, the real one is much better than on the pics.

BTW: One more reason to be obligatory for me: I am long time Bohemians soccer team fan, they have kangaroo as team symbol (https://www.bohemians.cz)... Razz
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 am

I'll need to get the Brumbies soon, and the grey kangaroo and my collection of Southlands will be complete.

It's so very sad that we lost a brand, and such a good one too!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:41 am

That is a very sad new. Southlands was one of the best of all brands. But it born new in a very competitive world already full of excellent brands. It was somewhat predictable that some day this would happen - and the current pandemic and consequent economic impact in the world has been enough for this brand to stop. Really sad.

Since I readed this I go quickly to buy online the remaining Southlands figures that I want for my collection. I've bought at spielzeug-guenstig.de and it was an error. If I had bought at modellpferdeversand.de I would have saved a small fortune!!! I acted quickly in the tought that these figures will stop to be available from just now...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 2:32 pm

The problem is that I ordered yesterday my red kangaroo, but the shop that sold it to me refuse the purchase because they are not shipping abroad at the moment.
Now, spielfigurenportal doesn't have it anymore (someone just bouth the lasts yesterday or today) and spielzeug is charging 17€ on shipping costs... so the model will cost 27€...
I don't know what to do, I have been buying a lot lately
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 2:34 am

What a sad news! Sad

Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Country/State : New York

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 2:31 am

Southlands replicas has made some really unique prehistoric models . My favorite being the Diprotodon, but I also like the marsupial lion and thylacine. It would be shame if they went out of business. Their diprotodon is one of my most unique models in the hobby and will likely not be recreated by any other companies any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 4:10 pm

That's really sad for them and for us. I like my Southlands models. They are on a very high level and I have to congratulate them for making such a great work.
Then, I have to get the Dingo and the Wombat bounce
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm

I would love to get the perentie. Hope I can!
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 12:23 am

Gosh, I have just read this thread and had bought the entire collection last year except the horses and extinct animals as I do not collect those and I am so glad I did!

I too was in email touch with Jason when he told me about the forthcoming Croc - now to hear it may not be made at all is sad but actually to hear the company will disappear forever is devastating.

Southlands have made some incredible creatures with the Perentie being of the most spectacular animal models I have EVER come across - for a toy model it is absolutely stunning and realistic with incredible details. Apart from CollectA models this Perentie is one of my absolute favourites.

I do hope they make it through this awful pandemic somehow....
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 4:57 pm

SR for its fans and customers ( FB status, 28.12.2021) :

Dear Friends and Customers, by now many of you will have noticed some of our models appearing on the Mojo 2022 releases.
We have been quietly working with Mojo in the background and are thrilled that they have been able to continue the Southlands legacy into the future.
The rising costs, complexities and time pressures of producing mass produced figurines had become too much for a small player such as ourselves and so we had to discontinue, despite great support from collectors worldwide... to whom we owe a huge debt of gratitude.
Some of you will be aware that Southlands was a branch of www.minizoo.com.au. While we had to wind up Southlands, MiniZoo has continued to thrive. At MiniZoo, we are particularly happy to continue to stock and sell Mojo figurines, and therefore some of the original Southlands range into 2022.
Thank you once again for all your support. It's been an amazing journey!

Last edited by Saien on Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 6:39 pm

I hope to see more Southlands and even original Jason sculpts in the future. :) Thanks for posting this!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 am

That's a real shame, as they provided such a unique collection of animals, as we don't get many figures of Australia animals outside the well known species. I do hope Jason gets to continue his work through some other company, maybe even mojö. I pray that Saltwater Crocodile sees the light someday, as I would hate for such a gorgeous sculpt to be lost.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:07 am

Loon wrote:
That's a real shame, as they provided such a unique collection of animals, as we don't get many figures of Australia animals outside the well known species. I do hope Jason gets to continue his work through some other company, maybe even mojö. I pray that Saltwater Crocodile sees the light someday, as I would hate for such a gorgeous sculpt to be lost.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 2021   Southlands Replicas 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southlands Replicas 2021
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next