Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs (resin and such)

Go down 
+12
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
widukind
Caracal
SUSANNE
spacelab
costicuba
Bonnie
Burgerenby
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Burger's Customs (resin and such) Empty
PostSubject: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:53 am

Updates in here will likely be rare as I can't afford stuff like that normally.
I painted this Eurypterus back in January, it was sculpted by Pierre-Clément Fayard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Most Eurypterus specimens are as small as this model but some species could reach a length of 1.3 m, so this is in fact my first 1:1 scale model.

Unfortunately it came with one leg missing.

That would be too tricky to resculpt so I just painted it to look like a wound, arthropods lose limbs all the time in real life.

Since thanks to that missing leg I already had quite an individual one to begin with, I felt like covering it in barnacles as well, the Silurian barnacle Cyprilepas holmi would sometimes stick onto Eurypterus as the fossil record shows.

The base and the connect stick were painted as well, I made the stick green so it looks like a piece of plant, something along the lines of Cooksonia maybe that would be drifting in the coastal water.

The model's 1:1 scale provides fun opportunities for photos.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Beautiful, beautiful customs once again- you have such talent! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:06 pm

It looks veeeery beautiful as a skulpt and now I really like it with colours, after your tallented brushes cheers
Hahaha, the last 4 photos are so funny Laughing
Some chips for our hungry buddy lol!

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 9:28 am

I've missed this one. It looks pretty scary in color, lively. The burger photos are unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 9:38 am

Gorgeous bug !!!!!! cheers

But you should teach him to eat more healthy food Wink Laughing

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 am

Very Happy I agree!.. Very realistic rendition! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 11:02 am

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyThu May 06, 2021 1:47 pm

It is a beautiful sculpt and your painting is excellent Applause Who is Pierre-Clément Fayard ?
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:40 am

I made a little Cephalaspis diorama, the big one was sculpted by Elena Egorova and printed by Relics of Gaia along with the base, the small one is a bootleg of the Cephalaspis model from the Paleozoic Creatures set by Colorata.
More photos of the small one will be shown in my thread in the forum section "Custom figures and accessories".
I edited the base heavily with Apoxie sculpt so it could hold the small one as well, perfectly fitting onto a large plant surface that prevents it from sliding off, I then also sculpted some snails, brachiopods, plants, a eurypterid and some other details to make it look more like a Silurian river bed as its fossils were found in the sediments of river deltas, coastal lakes and freshwater habitats.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:57 am

Excellent!!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:05 pm

I love these so much. Such beautiful paintjobs, and the resculpting on the base... you have a tremendous gift!

Last edited by pipsxlch on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Another absolute stunner! Such gorgeous colors and excellent craftsmanship. I just love it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 2:49 am

Thank you everyone, I had a lot of fun resculpting the base.
The default bases are pretty good but I didn't want to have the same one multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 2:06 pm

I love the blast of diversity! Your Artistic sense is irreproachable! cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 5:39 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Wonderful. I hope, one of the major brands will make an Eurypterus.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 12:16 pm

That would be fantastic, I know Kaiyodo made a great one but we can hardly count small gacha figures that we have to pay horrendous scalper prices for as foreigners who don't live in Japan.
Would love to see a Toob version by Safari sometime, the fossil and Cambrian Toobs were pretty neat, I'd love to see them make another one with Palaeozoic animals.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:29 am

"Gönnung muss sein" as the kids say these days, so I bought some models from Lone Trike Studio, no idea when I'll have time to paint them.
I want to build a small diorama for the Aquilops group, maybe with a Deinonychus, I can't find an affordable one that would be in scale so I'll probably use the Mojö one as a young Deinonychus gaining some first hunting experience.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 8:26 am

Great choice Very Happy And cheap for 3D models ! I love the lying one.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 9:08 am

Those look cool, I can't wait to see how you paint them 🙂

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Looking forward to see your new project! bounce I know you can make some miracles. Wink

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 6:51 am

Didn't get any time until this weekend due to studying full time, I'll get right back to my homework after posting this but I have painted the Lone Trike Studio Dimetrodon at last.

Here you can see it with Schleich's version.

And here with Bullyland's Edaphosaurus.

With some other animals of the same scale, which is at 1:20.

As well as a mug I got from this year's Christmas market.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 am

Simply GORGEOUS! Well done!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 11:01 am

Beautiful! Great colors choices! I also really like how you painted the rocks 😀

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 11:10 am

Aw thank you both!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs (resin and such)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next