Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs (resin and such)

Go down 
+12
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
widukind
Caracal
SUSANNE
spacelab
costicuba
Bonnie
Burgerenby
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly how it looked cheers

WOW !!! Your repaints are awesome Applause Applause

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 9:48 pm

There's so much skill in that paintwork, it manages to look realistic but also very artistic, if that makes any sense. The way you apply and layer the paint really is stunning.

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 9:51 pm

I'm loving that color scheme.. great job!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 1:22 am

As always, it's really great. I love the Chameleon inspired colors. Finally a nicely colored and accurate dimetrodon.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:47 am

Absolutely beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 9:03 am

Beautiful painting, animal and rocks Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 am

Wondeful repaint on this Dimetrodon! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 12:13 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly how it looked cheers

I was thinking the exact same. I was looking at it and I almost forgot nobody knows how it looked like.
From now I will assume a dimetrodon was like that. cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 11:08 am

As it was living and huntig in an arid epoch and area, it was surely not emerauld green like the Schleich one is! I think Papo and Burgerenby are closer to the truth! :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Caracal wrote:
As it was living and huntig in an arid epoch and area, it was surely not emerauld green like the Schleich one is! I think Papo and Burgerenby are closer to the truth! :)

Indeed it could be a good reason, another one is Mammals are unable to produce green coloured skins or hairs, it is true for placental, marsupial and monotremes. So, when this began ? at the therapsid stage or was it already true with the first synapsids ? We probably never now but we can imagine it, it could be true.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 1:45 pm

.. but amongst placental mammals, some primates exhib green and blue skin shades (mandrills for ex)! :)
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 pm

No idea when I'll ever get the time to paint these but I bought some more synapsids from Mike Eischen, been a long while since last time I bought Eischen models.
From left to right we got Eohippus, Mesohippus, Dinictis, Barylambda, Teleoceras, Kannemeyeria and Phiomia

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 pm

Oh! Could you shoot the Dinictis with cats from main brands for scale comparison please? I 'd like to order its Homotherium too but I don't know if it would fit well with the scales I have.. :)
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 12:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's quite "large" at 1:13 so it wouldn't scale up with any of the ones I have which are standard size, perhaps it could work with Wildlife Wonders figures but I don't have any of those.
I didn't get my hands on the Homotherium yet but considering it's at 1:24 it shouldn't look too out of place next to standard size big cat figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:08 am

I think it is the first time I heard of Phiomia. You have gotten really interesting creatures. Do you know the scale of that Phiomia?

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's at 1:35, which would make it look quite nice next to EoFauna's proboscids.
There is another forum member who owns this figure, you can see it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:06 am

I haven't heard of this artist or several of these species. I cannot wait to see your work on them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Beautiful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Wow, they look wonderful! I especially love the Eohippus and Mesohippus! Where did you buy them, please? Very Happy
Beautiful additions to your prehistoric creatures collection! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 2:06 pm

I agree with Ana, a great and interesting set of purchases but I love those horse ancestors, and really look forward to seeing what coat colours you design for them!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's at 1:35, which would make it look quite nice next to EoFauna's proboscids.
There is another forum member who owns this figure, you can see it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks, that's a perfect scale.
It is great to revisit Christoph's topic and since I posted there, I defintely have heard about that creature but I forgot. I don't have elephant's memory for sure.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:23 pm

I reaaally need to find time to paint some of these (and also stock up on paint again) but I ended up buying more unpainted models again.

First off a couple ones by StoneAxe Miniatures, Paraceratherium mother and calf, I love the new one by CollectA and will get it too but this reignited my nostalgia for Walking with Beasts.

Next up by StoneAxe Miniatures are these phorusrhacids, marked as Kelenken by the creator although the skull shape resembles more generic terror birds, quite pretty figures as well.

That also reminds me that my girlfriend wanted to rewatch Prehistoric Predators: Terror Bird with me, maybe over this weekend now that the mid semester assignments are done.

Some non-avian dinosaurs were in the mail as well, very tiny ones by Spanish artist 3DIPSTUDIOS, a Psittacosaurus and an Austroraptor, no idea if my current brushes are small enough for those.

And last but not least the huge Tylosaurus kit by Bob Morales.

Even though here in Europe we had our own incredible Jurassic shallow sea fauna, I have a soft spot for the Western Interior Seaway of Cretaceous North America, so many awe inspiring animals living in one spot, mosasaurs in particular.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 1:13 am

All special figures! When I think about the Walking with Beasts, it is like the Paraceratherium is the only episode ever released. I still don't know why I liked it so much.

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 am

That WWB episode is probably one of the best. Happy you have a little reference to it know. Now...if only we could get a Leptictidium that could jump in slow-mo bullet time.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 7:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I feel the same, I also love the two episodes that take place in the Eocene, but the Oligocene one just has such an interesting story, not to forget the fantastic soundtrack.

This track rivals in my opinion "Plains of the Jurassic" which was used for the second episode of Walking with Dinosaurs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh my god, I totally forgot about the Hyaenodon hunting the entelodont in bullet time, that was so extra in a fun way, I wonder if they did those slow motion flexes only to show how far CG has come since Walking with Dinosaurs.
I might try to recreate that scene as a companion diorama, then I have also an excuse to keep the retro anatomy on the giant rhinos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs (resin and such)   Burger's Customs (resin and such) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs (resin and such)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next