Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? Empty
PostSubject: How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?   How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 4:02 pm

There are quite a few members making custom figures personally and in small quantities, but I would like to do custom sculpting to make obscure or unpopular species that are not likely to get made (at least in my preferred scales) by a major company. The problem is, there is almost nothing on the internet that can teach me!
There should be some ways to do it effectively without using chemicals or making fumes.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?   How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 4:55 pm

I think making copies is quite tricky- but it's very easy to get started with some Super-Sculpey clay, tools and acrylic paints! Very Happy There should be lots of tutorials online, maybe try YouTube, and it really is just about knowing what the animal looks like, then you can make almost anything! Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?   How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 5:14 pm

It's exactly as Bonnie said Smile For the sculpting Super Sculpey (Medium Blend) or even Fimo clay will be a great start (and they are non-toxic).
Making mold and copies is complicated and requires using silicones and resins that can be very toxic before they are cured. But maybe you can learn more about 3D design and printing your models? That may be a safer option than casting resins.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?   How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Ok. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?   How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make custom figures (mammals, lizards, and birds)?
Page 1 of 1